Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just watched Ela again she said she thinks she bought the brush maybe because she was on the gin,you couldn’t make it up 😂 perhaps that’s why RL seems to encourage the gin and wine drinking on her shows hoping we all get sloshed 🥴

Anna has just done a review on Qurio for Aldi cleansers £1.99 days it’s as good as liz Earl 🤣I’m in bits think it might be taken off very soon
That's brilliant, and interesting too. Will it be one of the other lovely ladies who "grass her up" or will someone from Q eventually bother to read any of the reviews. I can't see it staying up very long - but hopefully the damage has already been done, and a few people would have bought the Aldi version instead lol!

That's brilliant, and interesting too. Will it be one of the other lovely ladies who "grass her up" or will someone from Q eventually bother to read any of the reviews. I can't see it staying up very long - but hopefully the damage has already been done, and a few people would have bought the Aldi version instead lol!
I don’t think she realised that’s not what qurio app is for bless her ,xoana said she mentioned another shop and it was took off,it did make me chuckle though 😂

Just watched Ela again she said she thinks she bought the brush maybe because she was on the gin,you couldn’t make it up 😂 perhaps that’s why RL seems to encourage the gin and wine drinking on her shows hoping we all get sloshed 🥴

Anna has just done a review on Qurio for Aldi cleansers £1.99 days it’s as good as liz Earl 🤣I’m in bits think it might be taken off very soon
Personally I think the Aldi original is like the LE one was a few years ago. I like all the Aldi cleansers but my favourite is their cleansing balm but I've not seen it for ages.

Still on the new year, new you hype?

I received an email with this heading. Maybe it’s me but would that entice you to look further? Is hype not usually considered a deception?

Q was first in the queue when hype was given out - pre Christmas buy all the overpriced food and post Christmas buy all the overpriced excerise stuff.

They should give the whole app over to Erika.She not only buys one of an item but multiples, showing a bag for herself and her daughter, trainers too, and in more than one colour, the M-in-L is in on the act.Nail polish already mentioned @ £60, and several Benefit eyebrow products.A bottomless pit of disposable income? Her business but not convincing as she does not seem to be living in a high income residence.

They should give the whole app over to Erika.She not only buys one of an item but multiples, showing a bag for herself and her daughter, trainers too, and in more than one colour, the M-in-L is in on the act.Nail polish already mentioned @ £60, and several Benefit eyebrow products.A bottomless pit of disposable income? Her business but not convincing as she does not seem to be living in a high income residence.
I agree there’s no stopping her I still think it’s a contest between a couple of ladies no sign of Katy pullinger who was going to be a regular on this app and share to us what she has bought.The star of Qurio app though is Anna who done a brilliant review on Aldi cleansers which are as good as LE and now only £1.99in the sale brilliant 😂 and she seems like a really down to earth lovely lady 😊

None of us know, we can only go by what we see and make assumptions, and yes we could be completely wrong. As the saying goes "You can't judge a book by its cover" - but when you see such extreme spending, especially on what most would class as non-essentials, and dare I say, rubbish, it's hard not to! I struggle to see someone spending £64 on nail varnish when they've got three children to feed and clothe, but maybe I shouldn't.
Generalising again, I would've thought that if these purchases are being paid for by credit card that they'd have to have one hell of a credit limit, or a number of the blinking things. I cannot see how the average family (for the want of a better expression) could possibly keep up with the payments without something having to give, or getting into deep trouble. We judge, we make assumptions, we have a bit of a giggle, and we worry -that's human nature.
There's nothing remotely human about the tatty appy - Q don't care about the people who've taken the time and made the effort to promote their company, who for all they care they could be living in tents, just so long as the Hermes driver knows where to lob the parcels, all's good!
It's Q I'm judging here, and quite rightly so. We know they're a greedy, pre-historic company, who wouldn't know the meaning of the words "customer care" if it bit them on the backside. They have no qualms about having people display, and promote extreme and bizarre shopping habits, or putting their customers up for potential ridicule. They're prepared to pay their presenters a good salary + plus numerous freebies (nice work if you can get it) but will use the hapless customer to do the same job for free without any of the perks. Not only that, they have the brass balls to dress it up as a friendly & helpful community, where the customer is the "star" and if they're really lucky, their face will be shown on the telly! Qurio is a horror movie, and should never have been given the go ahead .

My torch forum (for a specific make) has just started to run a competition
asking members to post photos of their collections. The pics have already started rolling in, showing their dozens of expensive torches.

The prize is - - - - guess what - - - a torch.

So I've posted a pic of my one and only torch (of that make) as a tongue in cheek joke :)

I wonder if having an outlet such as Qurio in some ways encourages buying? They can then ‘appear’ to their ‘friends’ showing all their purchases.There are regulars with what could be called extreme shopping habits, and first stop is Qurio.
ps just read Strato’s post, it that another community that encourages? In this case torches! Remember when Q used to show photos of enormous Kipling collections, then there is Charley Bears!

I find Charlie Bears a little scary, I prefer Steiff but don't own any of their bears. I do have a Steiff rat. It is called Nikki the rat and is based on the retired racing driver Nikki Lauder, I kid you not! He wears a racing driver's suit with a cap. I found him in a shop in Germany that sold any old tat and being mad into rats, I bought him. Also, Charlie Bears are really poorly packed according to reviews. Just thrown in a cardboard nox with nothing to protect them. Many arrive damaged, usually through being left out in the rain by the courier. QVC just say, oh well, the bear will dry. Some of these bears sell for big money.

Family community spirit, hmmm. I read some reviews on Trustpilot a while ago now and came across a couple which were very sad. They were written by people who had lost a parent. When they phoned Q to inform them, they were met with no condolences on their loss, just asked to produce a death certificate to prove the customer had died and by the way, they have outstanding balances on their account. How would you like to pay? Absolutely vile treatment of grieving people. Family, my arse, as Jim Royle would say!

I find Charlie Bears a little scary, I prefer Steiff but don't own any of their bears. I do have a Steiff rat. It is called Nikki the rat and is based on the retired racing driver Nikki Lauder, I kid you not! He wears a racing driver's suit with a cap. I found him in a shop in Germany that sold any old tat and being mad into rats, I bought him. Also, Charlie Bears are really poorly packed according to reviews. Just thrown in a cardboard nox with nothing to protect them. Many arrive damaged, usually through being left out in the rain by the courier. QVC just say, oh well, the bear will dry. Some of these bears sell for big money.

Family community spirit, hmmm. I read some reviews on Trustpilot a while ago now and came across a couple which were very sad. They were written by people who had lost a parent. When they phoned Q to inform them, they were met with no condolences on their loss, just asked to produce a death certificate to prove the customer had died and by the way, they have outstanding balances on their account. How would you like to pay? Absolutely vile treatment of grieving people. Family, my arse, as Jim Royle would say!
I’ve just read this on trust pilot what on earth is happening with qvc

I wonder if having an outlet such as Qurio in some ways encourages buying? They can then ‘appear’ to their ‘friends’ showing all their purchases.There are regulars with what could be called extreme shopping habits, and first stop is Qurio.
ps just read Strato’s post, it that another community that encourages? In this case torches! Remember when Q used to show photos of enormous Kipling collections, then there is Charley Bears!
Yes, exactly. They keep having special offers that only last for a few hours, so people are constantly logging in so they don't miss any.

And the fanatics are always boasting about their purchases with photos and even invoices to show how much they've spent.

The non fanatics call them "fan boys" and tend to make fun of them.

And now, not long after the boxing day sale, they are having the new year sale. But only the privileged fanatics can buy items today, the others have to wait until Monday, and many items have already sold out.

Also, they keep introducing limited edition colours, that quickly sell out to all the fan boys who collect the SAME torch in as many different colours as possible. Many show them off in illuminated display cabinets. In fact, the ultra fan boys never even open the sealed boxes, they just display the unopened boxes (which have a life-size colour picture of the contents on them).

It is like Qurio x 100.

Last edited:
I've just tried to open the quiro app and it didn't recognise me. Wanted me to open an account, although I already have one

Latest posts

Back