Should TSV threads be posted a maximum of 14 days before?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Should TSV threads be posted a maximum of 14 days before?

• Yes

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
SCW posts stuff elsewhere as well as here so I`m sure his followers won`t be missing out on information or mis-information.
I’m not on Social Media & have only spotted a couple of offers posted on HUKD, I rely on this site for my information.
The posts on this site were why I joined in the first place.

Would it work if they were all in a sticky like the old better deals than Q one although since that changed to Bargain Hunter under “channel” heading I don’t think as many notice it.
Don’t mention the Bargain Hunter thread as this thread might get closed down, now that would be interesting.

I’m not on Social Media & have only spotted a couple of offers posted on HUKD, I rely on this site for my information.

Don’t mention the Bargain Hunter thread as this thread might get closed down, now that would be interesting.
Same here, I appreciate the advance notice of TSV's on this forum.

Can I clarify the poll & how to vote.
The question is should TSV threads be posted a maximin of 14 days before?
So do you vote yes if you only want 14 days notice.
Do you vote no if you want more than 14 days notice.
Or am I reading this wrong?
I really wouldn’t worry too much.
I voted on basis of how you understood it, then read post # 3 - won’t necessarily go with poll opinion anyway?! - so not sure much point IMHO 😉

This is totally different to those threads.
Same here, I appreciate the advance notice of TSV's on this forum.
Nobody is saying there won't be advance notice of TSVs, we are thinking of putting in changes as to when they will be posted, we are not saying they won't be allowed.

I really wouldn’t worry too much.
I voted on basis of how you understood it, then read post # 3 - won’t necessarily go with poll opinion anyway?! - so not sure much point IMHO 😉
Well maybe I shouldn't have bothered with poll and just brought changes in and dealt with the inevitable complaints.

What about trying the new 14 day max for say a 100 days. Easy to work out the percentage of TSVs that change date. And we vote again with the results. We can then say if we like the new 14 day.

Being given a month's notice doesn't bother me one way or other. I miss the fun of no notice and the fun of waiting for midnight. A month's notice sometimes feel like I'm being told there is no santa every day.

I think there`s a few crossed wires here. Correct me if I`m wrong but as far as I can see the poll isn`t a vote on whether anybody including SCW should post upcoming tsv`s but on how SOON those posts should be written.
Are they allowed a month early which causes a more or less blank thread cos of lack of information or a risk the tsv will change etc or do people patiently wait to post 14 days before a tsv when more people are likely to be interested or to follow the thread or the information is more likely to be correct ?
People who say they read the forum for SCW`s posts are still going to read his posts, he and his posts are going nowhere. It just means you get to read his tsv posts a bit later or when he and other people have more valid info.
I could look at Q`s tv schedule and clutter the forum with every date of every supposed tsv, it isn`t rocket science but the finer details of what those tsv`s will be selling isn`t going to be known until nearer the date so why post it until you know for sure what it is ?
People may post on other forums or their own facebook groups or other social media as early as they like but the poll is about this forum and I`m sure we`ll all still get the information just as we usually do but maybe not quite so early and maybe when it can be confirmed that information is correct.

I think there`s a few crossed wires here. Correct me if I`m wrong but as far as I can see the poll isn`t a vote on whether anybody including SCW should post upcoming tsv`s but on how SOON those posts should be written.
Are they allowed a month early which causes a more or less blank thread cos of lack of information or a risk the tsv will change etc or do people patiently wait to post 14 days before a tsv when more people are likely to be interested or to follow the thread or the information is more likely to be correct ?
People who say they read the forum for SCW`s posts are still going to read his posts, he and his posts are going nowhere. It just means you get to read his tsv posts a bit later or when he and other people have more valid info.
I could look at Q`s tv schedule and clutter the forum with every date of every supposed tsv, it isn`t rocket science but the finer details of what those tsv`s will be selling isn`t going to be known until nearer the date so why post it until you know for sure what it is ?
People may post on other forums or their own facebook groups or other social media as early as they like but the poll is about this forum and I`m sure we`ll all still get the information just as we usually do but maybe not quite so early and maybe when it can be confirmed that information is correct.
Exactly!!!

It is about timing, we are not banning TSV posts.

Thank goodness some rationale to what has seemed like some unnecessary hysteria, when at a time surely we or most certainly I don’t need it.

I understood completely, it was just that the requests/complaints regarding TSV’s be posted later we’re on the TSV’s SCW had posted.

Is there really any observed rationale behind this mythical 14 day cut-off to show what percentage of "new TSV threads" have to be entirely amended because a whole new category of TSV is replaced. Or is it just a gut feeling that annoys a few people? I can't tell.

I can't see what actual harm it does and if people start discussing say a gardening TSV but the date changes by a couple of days; just amend the title header with the new date, because the discussion is all still valid. Even if it's changed to a different gardening brand last minute; the folk who are into gardening would probably still be interested to read. Maybe a note that it's changed from X to Y? So would we leave these as is? How would we know in advance that the TSV might change, so wouldn't we be limiting all TSV threads just to hit a few late changed ones?

I suspect that plenty of traffic is driven to this site by early tip-offs, and traffic = revenue to keep the site funded. If we limit early heads-up threads but the info is readily available on other social media why would folk keep coming here? It feels like a shot in the foot. It would seem churlish to delete a thread posted say 17 days in advance, in case it changes.

Come on all you stalwarts that resist past requests modify content? I can't see any real benefit in setting a random time limit that hasn't been monitored and logged over a period of time. It's an unjustified knee-jerk censorship surely? Or have I missed the detailed stats and study?

A thread on a topic is really just a jumping-off point for discussion around the subject; that's the added value from a thread launching early. In my case I rely on folk here talking me out of buying a TSV; possibly suggesting a better or cheaper alternative.

There have been far more annoying repetitions on here (for me anyway) but that's not my call to make to have them excluded. I just skip past the stuff that bugs me.

So here's my compromise:
If a TSV item stays roughly the same but the date alters; we just edit the date (& maybe note that the date has altered)
If a TSV on dd/mm/yy has completely been replaced by something from an utterly different department; say DIY to Shoes or Beauty to Gardening, the thread title has the date removed and noted that it's a thread discussing DIY but the TSV reference is cancelled. That way there's no censorship of discussion content but at a quick glance it's no longer a TSV thread and a new thread can created with the correct info as soon as someone spots the change.

It's QVC that is fannying around; no need for us to run around like headless chickens too!

I understood completely, it was just that the requests/complaints regarding TSV’s be posted later we’re on the TSV’s SCW had posted.
I don't really care who posts what on TSVs and I don't care how early they post. I will say that most of the TSV posts are from Super (SCW) and if he happens to get the wrong info or the wrong day then it's no big deal (for me anyway).

I'm grateful to all who post the TSVs because I come on here to look see what I may or may not want to buy. But it doesn't matter at all if they are changed/cancelled/posted too early/too late. Personally I don't see where the issue is unless I'm completely missing something.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back