I am so tired of all the junk...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I caught Gemporia for the first time in quite a while, since TJC is having the dullest day ever. They are having a Glenn Lehrer special. What do you all think of his pieces? Treasure or junk? I confess I am not a fan. I was looking at his seven star and it failed to impress me. It's also a shame that the topaz stones are all coated. Ergo, the colour is not genuine.

I'm not sure if they're 'treasure,' but I do love Glenn Lehrer's jewellery. I have a few pieces of his for the designs. They do sell natural stones in his designs e.g. the Quasar and Torus cuts. Don't have any Seven Star cut either. :)

Lehrer doesn't carve/cut the pieces on Gemporia, though. You can buy pieces he's cut himself, but you'll pay an awful lot more for them. The snowflakes afaik are cut by the Wobito brothers, and you're definitely paying for the cut there, but they are amazing cuts.

I'd recommend both of them design wise of course (can't say whether they'll ever be worth anything), especially if you buy them during a sale, where you'll pay less. With the coated stones you'll have to treat them delicately, but they look amazing.

Did my eyes deceive me or Gemporia Lifestyle is selling Baylis and Harding handwash? I actually buy the brand but usually from my supermarket during grocery shopping. For me, it's not worth the 3.95 pounds of postage that Gemporia charges, so I would never buy it from them

Did my eyes deceive me or Gemporia Lifestyle is selling Baylis and Harding handwash? I actually buy the brand but usually from my supermarket during grocery shopping. For me, it's not worth the 3.95 pounds of postage that Gemporia charges, so I would never buy it from them
I think I’ve seen it before, maybe around Christmas time. To me it’s an ok Supermarket brand, but I agree with you, Deasmum, I’d never pay postage for it. It always reminds me of a cheap Molton Brown lookalike .

I am very, very shocked. They are finally selling a piece of jewellery I would be interested in rather than all the junk but I am shocked at what they did! Yesterday they were selling a Rubellite ring on their website for 474 pounds and when I tried to purchase it it became unavailable. Turns out Toby Cavill requested it for today's 9am show..... And offered it at 899.99 pounds!!!! People were happy to buy it, but I would never buy something at double the price it was for sale yesterday.

I thought the whole idea of getting rid of the outlet channel was to have a lifestyle channel for showing all the junk (most of which you can on Amazon cheaper). As we now have candles, vitamins, scarves, Buddhas, lamps, silk flowers and even flaming brownies they would need a separate channel. So why do we also have hours each day scheduled for this non-jewellery-related trash? I mean, come on, "GEMporia" shouldn't the clue be in the name. We have QVC, we have, Ideal World and other channels selling this bilge. Steve is just cheapening his brand and alienating loyal customers. I'm watching less these days because of the jumble sale of cheap items. Sorry for moaning but it really has reached critical mass and is getting on my last nerve. Mr. Bennett needs to decide which way he is going.
It is increasingly like watching a church bazaar all cheap tat and what is it with these blooming crystals??? No glass and no brass used to be the mantra, cannot be asked to watch very often these days although Jeff is easy on the ears along with Derek in the early hours. Mr Bennett needs to watch occasionally most of the female presenters screech like stick pigs with excitement over a piece of tat and Ellis “I have bought them all” Oh please!

It is increasingly like watching a church bazaar all cheap tat and what is it with these blooming crystals??? No glass and no brass used to be the mantra, cannot be asked to watch very often these days although Jeff is easy on the ears along with Derek in the early hours. Mr Bennett needs to watch occasionally most of the female presenters screech like stick pigs with excitement over a piece of tat and Ellis “I have bought them all” Oh please!
Does Bennett not run the company any more, though? I thought it was someone else. Explains why they've moved away from their price promise. They keep making it harder to obtain so I mostly buy in sales now unless they're pieces under £20. Or I buy elsewhere. Two can play this game.

I am very, very shocked. They are finally selling a piece of jewellery I would be interested in rather than all the junk but I am shocked at what they did! Yesterday they were selling a Rubellite ring on their website for 474 pounds and when I tried to purchase it it became unavailable. Turns out Toby Cavill requested it for today's 9am show..... And offered it at 899.99 pounds!!!! People were happy to buy it, but I would never buy something at double the price it was for sale yesterday.
Gosh Deasmum, that's really shoddy! Did you actually get as far as checkout only to be told it was unavailable? Sounds like sharp practice to me!

I had a similar experience with Toby. Bought Mum a 20ct colour change fluorite pendant in gold - a couple of years ago - paid about 199 or so for it. Then saw it a few months later on a show with Toby and he did the full "I've used all my discount vouchers" tra-la-la nonsense and then tried to sell it at over 80 quid higher. I've had similar before that too. I bought an amber necklace one morning, the next morning it was on at a hundred quid more - and sold at that price... But 474 to 899 is a massive mark-up!

I often think it depends what day and time the show is on. Friday evening shows tend to have things on for a higher price. I think TJC do it better and show the tv presentation on their website, so that is the final price, unless it drops further in a sale. On Gemporia, you want to view a product, it says sorry not found, but then it will be on another show a couple of days later.

No doubt some will buy although why baffles me

I've just done my weekly online Sainsbury's shop. Baylis & Harding handwash is currently £1.50 and some nice person will deliver as many bottles I want, to my door, along with everything else I want, for the princely sum of £7.99 a month. Do people simply not do the maths when ordering from selly telly?!

Anyone caught the Dave Troth Regency Range?

Yes, non-stop mentioning Bridgerton. They keep showing this necklace which is supposed to be Regency is design with Zircon, but not something who could just wear every day. Perhaps at the captain's table on a cruise, otherwise no.

Gosh Deasmum, that's really shoddy! Did you actually get as far as checkout only to be told it was unavailable? Sounds like sharp practice to me!
I think this is how their system works. If you ever watch the early shows, when they ask for ‘load from codes’ frequently they will say they can’t access the product as it is either ‘embargoed’ or is due to come up for sale, and they’ll tell you what show it will be in. I’m pretty sure that the website has only a fraction of their items too, so that you can’t use a discount code to get it cheaper. I placed an order for a Bruce Campbell Tsavorite ring one morning, which I’d seen multiple times for £999. It had gone down to £399 so I snapped it up. A few days I noticed that my order had been cancelled. I rang them up and the excuse was that it had been ‘lost ’ in the warehouse. They didn’t contact me to explain so I was not happy. A few days later it was back on screen at £699. Needless to say I didn’t buy it.

I love reading your posts because it confirms that I made the right decision not to bother with Gemporia any more. I couldnt stand Toby or Troth because they are so false and reading what you have put it seems that they are only selling cheap tat now. I used to buy quite alot and have some lovely pieces but not any more.

I cant believe all the different things they sell now, smacks of desperation

Hi, HeIS. I had just added it to my basket when it became unavailable.

I love reading your posts because it confirms that I made the right decision not to bother with Gemporia any more. I couldnt stand Toby or Troth because they are so false and reading what you have put it seems that they are only selling cheap tat now. I used to buy quite alot and have some lovely pieces but not any more.

I cant believe all the different things they sell now, smacks of desperation
The other night I was bored and decided to watch Gemporia Lifestyle's under 5 pounds hour.... Wow! I don't know what surprised me the most. The tat they were selling or that people were buying it. They were selling a piggy bank in two colours and one of them sold out! Seriously, what attracts people to the tat they are selling? They could get similar stuff on Poundland, minus the postage and packaging fee!

I think this is how their system works. If you ever watch the early shows, when they ask for ‘load from codes’ frequently they will say they can’t access the product as it is either ‘embargoed’ or is due to come up for sale, and they’ll tell you what show it will be in. I’m pretty sure that the website has only a fraction of their items too, so that you can’t use a discount code to get it cheaper. I placed an order for a Bruce Campbell Tsavorite ring one morning, which I’d seen multiple times for £999. It had gone down to £399 so I snapped it up. A few days I noticed that my order had been cancelled. I rang them up and the excuse was that it had been ‘lost ’ in the warehouse. They didn’t contact me to explain so I was not happy. A few days later it was back on screen at £699. Needless to say I didn’t buy it.
Incredible, Kit10, just.... Incredible! From 399 to 699? That's as bad as my story! I am weak... I have been looking for a red Rubellite for ages, as most of what I see looks more like pink tourmaline than rubellite. I bought one from Gem Collector that was a total disappointment. It's a paler pink than the pink tourmaline I have in my collection. It's my fault. I should have noticed that they had tagged the stone's colour as "pink" in the description. So, I became too excited when I saw that they had identified that ring as having a red Rubellite.... A weakness, I know

Latest posts

Back