I am so tired of all the junk...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Incredible, Kit10, just.... Incredible! From 399 to 699? That's as bad as my story! I am weak... I have been looking for a red Rubellite for ages, as most of what I see looks more like pink tourmaline than rubellite. I bought one from Gem Collector that was a total disappointment. It's a paler pink than the pink tourmaline I have in my collection. It's my fault. I should have noticed that they had tagged the stone's colour as "pink" in the description. So, I became too excited when I saw that they had identified that ring as having a red Rubellite.... A weakness, I know
I was really annoyed! But I saved £400, so that’s the bonus! I’ve been looking for a rubellite ring to match a pendant I bought from TJC a few years ago, but nothing comes close. Our search continues 🤣🤣

The other night I was bored and decided to watch Gemporia Lifestyle's under 5 pounds hour.... Wow! I don't know what surprised me the most. The tat they were selling or that people were buying it. They were selling a piggy bank in two colours and one of them sold out! Seriously, what attracts people to the tat they are selling? They could get similar stuff on Poundland, minus the postage and packaging fee!
I think it's people buying into the tale that Gemporia is one big happy family, and that the presenters are the viewers' friends. So there are plenty of people who will buy from certain presenters because they get mentioned in live shows. There is a woman who calls herself Mirabelle who seems to watch every show, and has done for years. She's always messaging in, and has sent in gifts for presenters.

I think there's also some people who like to buy to "help" presenters out. I have heard of viewers following presenters around the various selly telly companies, and buying anything from their early shows to help the presenter get settled in to their new job. And they don't see that as being a strange thing to do.

Plus it's shopping, and that's addictive. Especially when you have presenters telling you to "Fillbyour boots" and buy everything for one daily shipping charge. Some people are going to be in for a shock when they discover that Nan's spent their inheritance on coated jewels, plastic clothes and handbags, neon makeup, and overpriced health supplements.

I think it's people buying into the tale that Gemporia is one big happy family, and that the presenters are the viewers' friends. So there are plenty of people who will buy from certain presenters because they get mentioned in live shows. There is a woman who calls herself Mirabelle who seems to watch every show, and has done for years. She's always messaging in, and has sent in gifts for presenters.

I think there's also some people who like to buy to "help" presenters out. I have heard of viewers following presenters around the various selly telly companies, and buying anything from their early shows to help the presenter get settled in to their new job. And they don't see that as being a strange thing to do.

Plus it's shopping, and that's addictive. Especially when you have presenters telling you to "Fillbyour boots" and buy everything for one daily shipping charge. Some people are going to be in for a shock when they discover that Nan's spent their inheritance on coated jewels, plastic clothes and handbags, neon makeup, and overpriced health supplements.
That used to happen on QVC years back. Gifts sent to presenters, who of course mentioned it live on air. QVC also used to push the we are a family and buying from them made you part of the family. This form of selling should be banned.

Speaking of QVC, did anyone else hear Lynn Jinx's announcement that Glenn Lehrer is no longer exclusive to Gemporia and is now selling with QVC America? I went to their website and Lynn was telling the truth and she said they were charging almost 700 dollars for certain pieces. Oh dear! It's funny how just a couple of weeks ago he was celebrating his 10 years with Gemporia. He must have known by then. I wonder how it will effect Gemporia's relationship with him going forward

Speaking of QVC, did anyone else hear Lynn Jinx's announcement that Glenn Lehrer is no longer exclusive to Gemporia and is now selling with QVC America? I went to their website and Lynn was telling the truth and she said they were charging almost 700 dollars for certain pieces. Oh dear! It's funny how just a couple of weeks ago he was celebrating his 10 years with Gemporia. He must have known by then. I wonder how it will effect Gemporia's relationship with him going forward
Just watching it now. I suppose it will depend on the contract he has with QVC US, if he can still supply Gemporia. I imagine he’s quite savvy and will have a contract that allows him some flexibility. Perhaps he’ll do Limited Collections. It’s not really to my taste, but I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship.

Just watching it now. I suppose it will depend on the contract he has with QVC US, if he can still supply Gemporia. I imagine he’s quite savvy and will have a contract that allows him some flexibility. Perhaps he’ll do Limited Collections. It’s not really to my taste, but I can certainly appreciate the craftsmanship.

Lehrer doesn't cut or carve his Gemporia collections unless they're one-off carvings. They're done by cutters trained in his technique in Jaipur I believe. So as far as I can tell, there's no reason to panic buy Lehrer rings unless Gemporia are losing their licence with him. If that were true, I think we'd have been told.

You can buy Lehrer carved moons etc, but you'll pay a lot more for them. More than QVC prices, which is why I don't think he's cutting those stones either. I love Lehrer pieces, but I did have to eyeroll at the intimation that you'd miss out if you didn't buy now. Maybe I'm wrong, but sure seems that way to me.

I’ve turned off all of the channels….TJC is the same, used to stand for The Jewellery Channel, now stands for Trust, Joy, Community?? More like Tat, Junk and Crap
For me I've only come across these channels since working at home during lockdown. You very quickly get to know who presents what....Mark and Chloe for skincare/jewellery, while Carmel gets dumped with the stuff they won't do. I miss Laura, she was the most genuine. I follow her and Rachel on insta.

It's a hit or a miss. If I recommended these channels to friends and family they would wonder what the heck I watch. I tend to channel hop each day or evening depending on when I am watching.

Who would buy his pieces, they are just topaz??

Oh according to the online schedule the fateful moment whereupon we will be introduced to the puzzles is 2pm. For fans of David Troth, he is on in a few minutes selling Cape Champagne Diamonds. I am not sure which is worse: the puzzles or watching Troth lecturing the audience
Thought it was just me....Troth looks like something dragged off the street, that hair needs to go! And the endless, "this showcase is unlike anything we have ever done at Gems, never to be seen again..." Make it stop!

I feel like I've sat in on a therapy session while watching the jigsaw launch. Very sad to hear Ellis has split with her husband, guess that was why she moved house. Thought the puzzle was ok, but I didn't get one
No way!!!! How did you know that? Both her and Millie moved, although I know Millie has a partner but she has moved twice in the past 6 months. Any wonder he left...sooooooo over bearing, she's been everywhere, done everything!! Zzzzz

Oh, today we have Jake Thompson to treat us to some jewellery. What do you all think about him? I am watching him today at 4pm to see what I think!
I prefer Toby. Jake is ok but again a bit sell sell sell.

I think the shows were popular so they have flooded the channel with them. They are doing them every Friday now too.

Lynne is moving times to do Hattie's slot and I think Hattie might be doing Destello full time now, like Kati with her make up
That's it, but Hattie doesn't seem to have her own time slot for Destello, it's on everyone else's time. Don't get why Kati and Hattie don't do an hour or two hours of their own range themselves. You know rightly Jess doesn't wear make up and Ange and Adina are so up themselves they don't use it either...but Adina has it in every colour, same as Destello. It's so fake. I like Kati's make up, I pick and choose what I want, but someone please tell Hattie (as much as I like her), she did not invent fashion and models everything on her own size and shape. I know not to buy Destello now, unless it's a really nice scarf, but how many scarves does one person need??

No way!!!! How did you know that? Both her and Millie moved, although I know Millie has a partner but she has moved twice in the past 6 months. Any wonder he left...sooooooo over bearing, she's been everywhere, done everything!! Zzzzz
She told us they separated, that's why she moved house, she said she lives with Clara, her youngest daughter

Latest posts

Back