Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

On the subject of air coolers, Shaun *and he wasnt being funny....Says he bought one for his dressing room, Shaun must have a bank balance like a sultan as if he isnt crusing he is buying a watch if its not buying a watch its a blender and now he has moved onto buying fans for his dressing room, and all along mind folks he isnt being funny!
If anybody thinks this crowd is buying stuff like fans or AC for their dressing rooms, then they need to take a long hard look at themselves!

I'm sure I found the same (or very similar) AC unit online for the same price as IW's 'reduced' price ;)

Big Kev back tonight with Shaun, see the Mathey-Tissot Tiger watch is still going strong, last deal with El Fridgeo to some at a special price, some must have been returned from other distributors, which seems a miracle to me as in the launch show in November last year he said he bought ALL the stock of these watches, either that or they just aren’t selling any.

Remember they launched this watch back in November, and there was only ever 50 made of the gold case. Mike stated in that show he was going to call it and said that the rate they are selling, this will be your only show to get them, as per usual we got “Paul, how many left, wow is that it”.

Well we know it didn't sell out as it’s featured in quite a few shows since then, one such show was in April, funnily enough that was a Kev & Shaun show, and on that show Kev had to dig into his wardrobe to show the very last few, hence the special price which is £70 lower than tonight’s so called special price and both shysters said this will be your very, very last time to get it, yet here we are again.:ROFLMAO:

What I find amazing is that for a watch, which only 50 off were made and IW have had quite a few last chance saloon shows for this watch, why is it still on sale, and even more amazing is that Kev stated in the show in April that he got such a good price from El Fridgio because he bought the WHOLE stock of the watch, then why are there so many other retailors STILL selling it.:unsure:

https://www.matheytissot.com/b2b/en/edmond-automatic-handcrafted/1532-tiger-limited-edition.html

https://just4watches.co.uk/products/tiger-limited-edition-h1886tp

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tis...tion-multi-color-dial-mens-watch-h1886tp.html

https://www.timepiece.com/mathey-ti...tion-multi-color-dial-mens-watch-h1886tp.html

https://tngwatch.vn/product/dong-ho-mathey-tissot-limted-manh-ho-h1886tp/

Kev's also flogging the brand new Mathey-Tissot watch, Bronze case with Bronze PVD finish. :unsure:

Me - WTF would you Bronze PVD a Bronze case?

Anyway you know me, if it sounds like bullshit, i'm off investigating. :ROFLMAO:

So unfortunately don't have sky anymore so don't have it recorded or pause, had to go to their youtube channel to watch it again, first thing that struck me is he said brass a few times and he coughed a lot. If you watch Kev enough, you soon realise he often likes to clear his throat after a bit of bullshit spouting. ;)

So, the reason, according to big Kev, for the coating is that in the Far East it's humid so case patinas a lot quicker, so pvd coating doesn't so will keep the watch with a shiny bronze look. Well i suppose that might sound ok with IW viewers, but not me, it still doesn't explain why you'd make the case bronze if you're going to hide it with a coating, bronze cases are more expensive that Stainless, so if you aren't even going to see the bronze why create extra expensive for no reason? :unsure:

Anyway while watching back on youtube i happened to notice the back of the watch and low and behold it says ALL STAINLESS STEEL.

Capture 1.JPG

Ok as they ignore my emails maybe someone else could email them and tell them that Mathey-Tissot's spelling is worse than IWs as they have spelt Bronze completely wrong on the back of their watches. ;)
:ROFLMAO:

A wonderful presentation currently with Vaughan Cryan and soon to be seen Peter Vohl..Vul..Vhol..that Irish bloke with the Dutch name. The praises are being sung of a “beautiful machine,” Ryan gushes. He seems potentially close to proposing to it, so much is he delighted with the aesthetics of this stunningly telegenic upright piece of dull looking industrial plastic with a front big like a Dalek’s breathing grill. Now here is Pete..Pete..Pete..please mention the Colditz like escape plastic tunnel than minimises the daintiness and charm of said unit somewhat. In fairness, unlike some past air conditioning units demonstrations, he does produce a very long wobbly looking piece of Chinese lantern like materials that has to go out of your window, apparently. This essentially kills the whole concept for me, as I don’t particularly want the emergency landing aircraft passenger shoot of a DC10 hanging out of my own personal exterior aperture. “Well, it is was 300 degrees in London today”, said Ryan, now caressing the unit in the very worst way. “And that was just inside my icebox,“ he continues. I am a little deaf, so he probably didn’t quite say that, but it wasn’t far off…Apparently it cooled him and Kevin the watch man off in the studio earlier. I didn’t know there was a window to open there to place the Dartford Tunnel back bit out of?

Big Kev back tonight with Shaun, see the Mathey-Tissot Tiger watch is still going strong, last deal with El Fridgeo to some at a special price, some must have been returned from other distributors, which seems a miracle to me as in the launch show in November last year he said he bought ALL the stock of these watches, either that or they just aren’t selling any.

Remember they launched this watch back in November, and there was only ever 50 made of the gold case. Mike stated in that show he was going to call it and said that the rate they are selling, this will be your only show to get them, as per usual we got “Paul, how many left, wow is that it”.

Well we know it didn't sell out as it’s featured in quite a few shows since then, one such show was in April, funnily enough that was a Kev & Shaun show, and on that show Kev had to dig into his wardrobe to show the very last few, hence the special price which is £70 lower than tonight’s so called special price and both shysters said this will be your very, very last time to get it, yet here we are again.:ROFLMAO:

What I find amazing is that for a watch, which only 50 off were made and IW have had quite a few last chance saloon shows for this watch, why is it still on sale, and even more amazing is that Kev stated in the show in April that he got such a good price from El Fridgio because he bought the WHOLE stock of the watch, then why are there so many other retailors STILL selling it.:unsure:

https://www.matheytissot.com/b2b/en/edmond-automatic-handcrafted/1532-tiger-limited-edition.html

https://just4watches.co.uk/products/tiger-limited-edition-h1886tp

https://www.jomashop.com/mathey-tis...tion-multi-color-dial-mens-watch-h1886tp.html

https://www.timepiece.com/mathey-ti...tion-multi-color-dial-mens-watch-h1886tp.html

https://tngwatch.vn/product/dong-ho-mathey-tissot-limted-manh-ho-h1886tp/
It’s been for sale as new with tags on eBay as well. I had it on my watchlist (it was £670) to see if it reduced. Someone (eBay seller) called ‘watch girl’. It didn't sell in the month I had it on the list.
Either it’s deeply unpopular, or that 50 seems to have gone a LONG way…

It’s been for sale as new with tags on eBay as well. I had it on my watchlist (it was £670) to see if it reduced. Someone (eBay seller) called ‘watch girl’. It didn't sell in the month I had it on the list.
Either it’s deeply unpopular, or that 50 seems to have gone a LONG way…
Personally don’t think it’s been popular at all, to gimmicky, touch of a Chinese/Far East influence to its design, they like these type of dial designs, Kev said when you look at it you don’t see the time you see the Tiger, which kinda defeats the main purpose of a watch.

For some strange reason, from what I’ve seen and read while collecting watches, Mathey-Tissot aren’t that popular with a lot of watch collectors, they’re older vintage watches are, but modern ones not so much. Think they suffer with a lot of folks thinking they are trying to rip off the Tissot name and that the original Mathey-Tissot went bust during quartz crisis and this Mathey-Tissot is just a regurgitated brand not connected with the original, which of course is wrong.

They are still the same company, they didn’t go bust, just under different ownership but downsized especially in the production side as they don’t seem to actually make the watches themselves any more, made for them by another watchmaker near the Swiss/Italian border.

In a strange way, Martin’s “all four corners of the Globe” Swiss Military by Hanowa is more of a watchmaker than Mathey-Tissot is these days, although they mainly stick to the more affordable price range they at least have their own watchmaking/assembly facilities, which they share with Roamer, in Möhlin.

I have a few Mathey-Tissot, don’t and wouldn’t buy from IW, best policy like I assume you follow too (and this goes for a lot of watches out there), be patient and wait, 6/12 months after release of a new model you can pick them up from a variety of places at a much cheaper price, often less than half the price IW sell at, like Ebay or Jomashop in the US.

Taste is subjective, however for me the watch looks like a cheap piece of tat, sorry. It looks like the sort of watch fairground marketstall sellers would flog in the 70's.

This is where IW consistently trip themselves up. They bleat on about a product, it's SO good etc that it's sure to sell out within a day if not a show. Then, days, weeks, months later they're still flogging it e.g. the 21st anniversary watch they did.

Yes it's selly telly, yes they are there to sell, however for anyone that watches on a semi-regular basis (even just dipping in) their underhand tactics are plain to see. Mind you, most channels are the same although to varying degrees.

Taste is subjective, however for me the watch looks like a cheap piece of tat, sorry. It looks like the sort of watch fairground marketstall sellers would flog in the 70's.

This is where IW consistently trip themselves up. They bleat on about a product, it's SO good etc that it's sure to sell out within a day if not a show. Then, days, weeks, months later they're still flogging it e.g. the 21st anniversary watch they did.

Yes it's selly telly, yes they are there to sell, however for anyone that watches on a semi-regular basis (even just dipping in) their underhand tactics are plain to see. Mind you, most channels are the same although to varying degrees.
100% agree, and i wouldn't call it a watch more like a blingy piece of jewelry, the only good thing about that watch is the strap, nice shade of blue.
I'm not sure where they get there ideas from, but they've come out with some daft looking watches through IW. The main issue with Mathey-Tissot i have is this idea which they are now drifting towards, which Reynolds is always bleating on about, that 42mm is a perfect size that all collectors want it, well no it's not, 42mm might be ok with a chrono or dive watch, but is a no, no for a dress watch, which a lot of Mathey-Tissot would be classed as, dress watches should be 40mm max, preferable 36/38mm is perfect IMO.

Selly telly is a strange creature, apart from IW don't really don't watch much but the little i've seen TJC seems to bigger shysters than even IW but even more downmarket and less popular, and QVC seem to be the best although very boring :D, i do like that their models keep their tuppence-worth to themselves unlike IW models who are only too happy to play along with the con game tactics. But it is strange the way selly telly is so different in it's approach in sales tactics used, ie selly telly use very underhand/shyster tactics compared to the rest of the consumer retail sector, while there are bad apples in normal retail sector i don't think is so full on in your face 24/7 or so blatant as it is with selly telly and especially with IW.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear IW again have upped their level of lowest of the low they.....have no shame.

Shaun (not being funny) and its really not funny at all, he is flogging a TT mobile phone which agreed is aimed at the elderly or not so into tech type of folks and thats fair enough. BUT IW being IW start to point out the negatives of an elderly person having and needing to use an assitance buzzer how it could be annoying round you neck, hard to use, not much help etc etc.........

Seriusoly have a word with yourselves please IW, I fear for some lonley eldery person tuning in only to be told that the buzzer they rely on.....isnt really good!! Shameful.

PS just as I type this the presenter has said he is going to buy his mam this phone :rolleyes:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear IW again have upped their level of lowest of the low they.....have no shame.

Shaun (not being funny) and its really not funny at all, he is flogging a TT mobile phone which agreed is aimed at the elderly or not so into tech type of folks and thats fair enough. BUT IW being IW start to point out the negatives of an elderly person having and needing to use an assitance buzzer how it could be annoying round you neck, hard to use, not much help etc etc.........

Seriusoly have a word with yourselves please IW, I fear for some lonley eldery person tuning in only to be told that the buzzer they rely on.....isnt really good!! Shameful.

PS just as I type this the presenter has said he is going to buy his mam this phone :rolleyes:
Lives have undoubtedly been saved by panic alarm products and the 24/7 monitoring (whilst coming at a financial cost) gives many a feeling of comfort.

If it's the case that IW is trying to steer people away from those tried and tested products that SAVE LIVES then shame on them. Oops that right, they have no shame ;)

A tell it like it is me ...

100% agree, and i wouldn't call it a watch more like a blingy piece of jewelry, the only good thing about that watch is the strap, nice shade of blue.
I'm not sure where they get there ideas from, but they've come out with some daft looking watches through IW. The main issue with Mathey-Tissot i have is this idea which they are now drifting towards, which Reynolds is always bleating on about, that 42mm is a perfect size that all collectors want it, well no it's not, 42mm might be ok with a chrono or dive watch, but is a no, no for a dress watch, which a lot of Mathey-Tissot would be classed as, dress watches should be 40mm max, preferable 36/38mm is perfect IMO.

Selly telly is a strange creature, apart from IW don't really don't watch much but the little i've seen TJC seems to bigger shysters than even IW but even more downmarket and less popular, and QVC seem to be the best although very boring :D, i do like that their models keep their tuppence-worth to themselves unlike IW models who are only too happy to play along with the con game tactics. But it is strange the way selly telly is so different in it's approach in sales tactics used, ie selly telly use very underhand/shyster tactics compared to the rest of the consumer retail sector, while there are bad apples in normal retail sector i don't think is so full on in your face 24/7 or so blatant as it is with selly telly and especially with IW.
They almost have a captive market and they know it. Many people are not far off addicted to these channels and a portion of them will be addicted to buying. Selly telly folk (off and on screen) know this and know how to exploit the situation. Heck, if you were tasked with defending them you could easily argue it's what businesses do, identify the target market and go for them.

Exactly who do you think they're targeting at 2am for example? Reminds me of those late night gambling/quiz shows.

It used to be a running joke that channels like QVC made (maybe still do) a lot of £££ from the so-called blue rinse brigade i.e. older retired women often with a degree of disposable income that love buying stuff.

We mock these channels, however on many levels they're very clever at what they do. I'm not defending them, as we often say many of the tactics used are underhand and sometimes outright deceitful. However all that aside, they know exactly what they're doing and target those viewers that are most likely to fall for the ...

... BULLSH1T

More malfunctioning examples to demonstrate, this time with Police watches with the drum movement. Both examples show random times, like 10.69🤔🙂 Mikey Mason couldn't adjust it to the right time but assures they're just samples and the watch you receive will be fine😂 Neil has said "All four corners of the world" twice so time for bed I think😴

More malfunctioning examples to demonstrate, this time with Police watches with the drum movement. Both examples show random times, like 10.69🤔🙂 Mikey Mason couldn't adjust it to the right time but assures they're just samples and the watch you receive will be fine😂 Neil has said "All four corners of the world" twice so time for bed I think😴
This is another scenario where we need the tv hacker that can flash messages on screen. In this case a message like ...

These watches are sold by dozens of retailers including AliBaba and are FAR from unique! Also, the barrels don't even line up, cheap sh1t viewers, cheap sh1t

How is Dean Wilson getting on, I’m guessing by a post above about feeling sorry for Peter V, because the guest trying to be a comedian rather than giving out Information might have been Dean.

He was like that on Create and Craft but because a lot of the time it’s selling paper and glue, there is time to be funny, the viewers loved Dean, to a point he won best presenter for something like 8 years in a row.

I know they and their cult followers think they are, but Dean Wilson and the rest of IW staff, ain't funny.
Yeah i know we laugh AT them, but that is not being intentional funny on their part, that's just them being a bunch of annoying stupid presenters unintentionally making complete fools of themselves.

But I can see why he might be popular with a lot of IW/Create cult followers, they love on screen guys with his kinda mannerisms/persona who want to be the center of attention, that rabbit on endlessly with a constant stream of inane drivel.

As for best presenter for 8 years in a row, well it isn’t exactly something to crow about considering the competition.;)

I think the ‘best presenter’ accolade has gone to his head. I’ve heard him called ‘housewives favourite’ too. He really does think he’s all that and then some. I used to like him probably 15 years ago but now think he’s a twit like all the rest of the idiots.

He certainly likes the sound of his own voice. He is continually interrupting and distracting attention from any guest/faux expert to himself, often very rudely.

I know they and their cult followers think they are, but Dean Wilson and the rest of IW staff, ain't funny.
Yeah i know we laugh AT them, but that is not being intentional funny on their part, that's just them being a bunch of annoying stupid presenters unintentionally making complete fools of themselves.

But I can see why he might be popular with a lot of IW/Create cult followers, they love on screen guys with his kinda mannerisms/persona who want to be the center of attention, that rabbit on endlessly with a constant stream of inane drivel.

As for best presenter for 8 years in a row, well it isn’t exactly something to crow about considering the competition.;)
Sorry Hammy but you don't know what you're talking about.

I'll have you know Peter Simon has just announced a comedy tour and, after speaking to his management, they expect venues to sell at least 15% of available tickets. All tickets £2.72, or you can buy a VIP ticket for £1.89, this includes 5 mins with Peter and a selfie. Here are the venues for anyone who's interested.

05/08: Stock room, basement of the Duck & Hound, Eastbourne.
06/08: Entrance lobby, ladies guild annex, Inverness.
07/08: Changing rooms, Top Shop (now closed), Brighton.
08/08: Public toilets, The Queens Park, Aberdeen.
09/09: Staff canteen, Royal Albert Hall, London (finish the tour in style.)

If you want a ticket please contact me. A small admin fee of £1,250 per ticket will be applied. Cash only, no refunds.

Peter Simon, the 'A Tell it Like it is Me!!!' 2022 tour

Sorry Hammy but you don't know what you're talking about.

I'll have you know Peter Simon has just announced a comedy tour and, after speaking to his management, they expect venues to sell at least 15% of available tickets. All tickets £2.72, or you can buy a VIP ticket for £1.89, this includes 5 mins with Peter and a selfie. Here are the venues for anyone who's interested.

05/08: Stock room, basement of the Duck & Hound, Eastbourne.
06/08: Entrance lobby, ladies guild annex, Inverness.
07/08: Changing rooms, Top Shop (now closed), Brighton.
08/08: Public toilets, The Queens Park, Aberdeen.
09/09: Staff canteen, Royal Albert Hall, London (finish the tour in style.)

If you want a ticket please contact me. A small admin fee of £1,250 per ticket will be applied. Cash only, no refunds.

Peter Simon, the 'A Tell it Like it is Me!!!' 2022 tour
I'd rather pay the extra and not have 5 minutes with him! Or I could stay at home instead. I have heard his warm up man is Mike Mason...

Latest posts

Back