Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Blinking hell, I was joking about the medals! As bad as it is, at the very least it's upfront and they're actually rewarding people as well as encouraging them. Ok, the what seems to be the distant past monthly competition on Qurio was similar but I think the mothers day fiasco put paid to that as they ended up giving away 3 times what they intended to give away, but QVC are not rewarding these customers in any way shape or form.
There even other incentives. For every pound you spend, you get "Ocoins" which are a bit like clubcard points and can be spent when you've got enough. You also get "Opoints" which go towards your next medal level.

Attachments

• Olight medals 2 .jpg
    Olight medals 2 .jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 38
There are even other incentives. For every pound you spend, you get "Ocoins" which are a bit like clubcard points and can be spent when you've got enough. You also get "Opoints" which go towards your next medal level.

Attachments

• Olight medals 2 .jpg
    Olight medals 2 .jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 29
I mean wow! That looks like a shop display! I know you've got a collection of torches Stratto, so I'll be careful what I say 'cause I don't want to hurt your feelings, but looking at this, one gets the impression that these torches are never going to be used, and if they are does anyone need that many?! People collect all manner of things, but it usually turns out that what starts out being decorative ends up being the total opposite. I get that some collections can turn out to be lucrative if the collector decides to sell any rare pieces that have, I also get that some collections can be quite an interesting hobby if people go far and wide to gather pieces and get them from all kinds of sources. There must be all manner of different torches though, going back through history as well as ultra modern ones, gadgety ones and the downright quirky!
To compare this with lets say a collection of Lola Rose jewellery. The jewellery will probably get used more than a torch, the collector will possibly wear more than one piece at any one time, have pieces that go with certain outfits, suit certain seasons better - but to me just buying a whole bunch of stuff from one retailer is not a hobby, it's a spending habit, and there's a big difference. To talk about it on a forum won't produce any "nerdy"/"techy" talk that can be very interesting to a collector I guess, there's not much that can be said, other than "that's nice". The other big difference is that whilst you torch collectors might be encouraging each other to buy more on these forums, you've not got a retailer who's supposed to be responsible telling you to phone in, send texts, photos etc of your collections eg "Beryl from Scunthorpe has just phoned in and said she's just ordered her 500th Cozee Home throw, can you do any better?, we'd love to hear"! Like a few people have said, Qurio is simply gathering all the "Beryls" in one place and getting them to feed off one another!
In other news, as night follows day, Erika has reached the 200 mark (sorry love but there's no platinum medal up for grabs) maybe when you reach 400 we'll consider introducing one. Hyacinth has discovered some (expensive) toiletries for men, so she's name called all the guys on the app, heaven knows why. Does she really think that these chaps aren't aware that men's toiletries exist and that they need to buy them from QVC? She must think she's doing them a massive favour! It's unbelievable!
Merryone, I do love your posts :ROFLMAO: Beryl from Scunthorpe 🤭

As for all this torch nonsense, I'm speechless!

Getting away from torches (because I feel inadequate with my 'collection' of 3!). Its quite shocking how the Qurio shoppers admit that goods are not ideal but they don't/won't send them back. I admit to buying quite a few bits mainly from Amazon recently. Nothing expensive (rarely more than £15-£20 pounds), useful bits and pieces, mainly for the home, and things I want and don't particularly need. However everything gets used and I've never had to send anything back.

Where I've bought clothes online it rarely works for me (see post on M&S swimming costume a few pages back). Then you have the faff of returning it. The point I'm making is that I then get fed up and stop. I certainly wouldn't continue to shop in a certain way if so much was unsuitable for any reason, and they're openly acknowledging this fact on video. But I guess we're all different and react in different ways.

Getting away from torches (because I feel inadequate with my 'collection' of 3!). Its quite shocking how the Qurio shoppers admit that goods are not ideal but they don't/won't send them back. I admit to buying quite a few bits mainly from Amazon recently. Nothing expensive (rarely more than £15-£20 pounds), useful bits and pieces, mainly for the home, and things I want and don't particularly need. However everything gets used and I've never had to send anything back.

Where I've bought clothes online it rarely works for me (see post on M&S swimming costume a few pages back). Then you have the faff of returning it. The point I'm making is that I then get fed up and stop. I certainly wouldn't continue to shop in a certain way if so much was unsuitable for any reason, and they're openly acknowledging this fact on video. But I guess we're all different and react in different ways.
Yes but sending anything back to Amazon and getting a refund is a piece of cake compared to QVC.

I agree though why would anyone keep something unsuitable.

Yes but sending anything back to Amazon and getting a refund is a piece of cake compared to QVC.

I agree though why would anyone keep something unsuitable.
What gets me about Q is firstly refunds are a lot slower to come through than they are with most other retailers in my experience, you have to phone up separately in order to claim your postage back if you're sending something back unused within the statutory 14 day period. This should be automatic imo.
I used to be a bit lax about getting things refunded, especially if the product was small or inexpensive - not any more!
Quick round up - Hyacinth has purchased even more jollop for her face - I wonder how many hours she spends watching, or trawling the QVC website for "bargains"?!
Last night I stumbled across this on youtube . It wasn't particularly funny due to the fella being a bit "sweary" but oh boy! He makes some flippin' good points and definitely worth watching. I'm sorry it's a bit long but enjoy!

It’s a shame that can’t be posted on Qurio but it would be taken down immediately. However it might make those on Qurio who seem to buy things just for the sake of it, to reconsider their “online shopping habit/obsession.”

What gets me about Q is firstly refunds are a lot slower to come through than they are with most other retailers in my experience, you have to phone up separately in order to claim your postage back if you're sending something back unused within the statutory 14 day period. This should be automatic imo.
I used to be a bit lax about getting things refunded, especially if the product was small or inexpensive - not any more!
Quick round up - Hyacinth has purchased even more jollop for her face - I wonder how many hours she spends watching, or trawling the QVC website for "bargains"?!
Last night I stumbled across this on youtube . It wasn't particularly funny due to the fella being a bit "sweary" but oh boy! He makes some flippin' good points and definitely worth watching. I'm sorry it's a bit long but enjoy!
Some of that hits HARD!

Hopefully any Qurio members, who are also members here, will mention it in their chat Dropbox. Maybe they should use the mantra of “do I need it or do I want it?” like many of us here do. I’m guessing that many of the items bought recently were purchased simply because they were in the sale so probably weren’t really needed.

There was an article in the paper last week that more online retailers will be charging to send stuff back. It's costing too much money, people order 2 or 3 items to see which suits or fits better, then sending back.

Seems Joules have called in the accounts to help them. Perhaps not selling that well on QVC?

What a truthful video KP should hang her head in shame.
Encouraging these people with your silly competitions,and even then underhanded with certain Qurio members supposedly posing as a customer.
What a way to make a living!

Well he’s a charmer isn’t he? I might be driven to excessive shopping if he was mine. It was riveting though and confirms the reality of life for so many poor souls.
Yes, he was pretty tiresome. Whilst he made some valid points I did wonder if he was more concerned about his mother’s quality of life or the fact she was spending his inheritance.

What a truthful video KP should hang her head in shame.
Encouraging these people with your silly competitions,and even then underhanded with certain Qurio members supposedly posing as a customer.
What a way to make a living!
Who posed as a customer? Must have miss this.

Latest posts

Back