Ruth Langsford TSV 20/08/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Didn't she
God not another denim jacket 😁
Didn't she mention a camouflage-patterned jacket that she had 'designed'? She was reminiscing about her dad's army uniform. In the US, they call this uniform 'fatigues'. Maybe the same in the British army? Anyway, I can't imagine it selling very well, but it well might, knowing her popularity.

Didn't she

Didn't she mention a camouflage-patterned jacket that she had 'designed'? She was reminiscing about her dad's army uniform. In the US, they call this uniform 'fatigues'. Maybe the same in the British army? Anyway, I can't imagine it selling very well, but it well might, knowing her popularity.
I saw the jumper. Ugh.

Didn't she

Oh heck! 🙈

I`ve no idea how anybody can find camouflage patterned clothing nice ? Years ago there used to be Army and Navy stores which sold ex Military surplus. No idea if they still exist anywhere ? Anyway the shop always smelled of sweaty feet and BO and the one in my then home town just had everything in piles here, there and everywhere. They sold foreign Army surplus too and you could buy Russian, German etc ex military wear.
One of my sons went through a kind of Goth phase (he`s 45 now ) and wouldn`t wear anything which wasn`t black. He bought a huge black great coat from them which was ex Royal Navy I think and it came down to his ankles and a pair of ex Army boots. He looked like a younger version of Uncle Fester but with hair !
Funnily enough my oldest son has been in the British Army for 30 years this year and his wife is also ex Army and I know for a fact that neither of them would consider buying or wearing camo clothing in their private lives. It would be like civilian workers wearing their Bank uniform or shop uniform to go out in.

Camo clothing is illegal in some countries if you're not in the armed forces. Going on a cruise to the Caribbean? Leave the camo at home. Apparently you can be arrested and jailed for wearing it. Something I saw on one of the YouTube channels that does reviews and tips for getting the best out of a cruise holiday... if true, then flying out to a Caribbean break to some islands would be a risk with camo in your luggage.

I`ve no idea how anybody can find camouflage patterned clothing nice ? Years ago there used to be Army and Navy stores which sold ex Military surplus. No idea if they still exist anywhere ? Anyway the shop always smelled of sweaty feet and BO and the one in my then home town just had everything in piles here, there and everywhere. They sold foreign Army surplus too and you could buy Russian, German etc ex military wear.
One of my sons went through a kind of Goth phase (he`s 45 now ) and wouldn`t wear anything which wasn`t black. He bought a huge black great coat from them which was ex Royal Navy I think and it came down to his ankles and a pair of ex Army boots. He looked like a younger version of Uncle Fester but with hair !
Funnily enough my oldest son has been in the British Army for 30 years this year and his wife is also ex Army and I know for a fact that neither of them would consider buying or wearing camo clothing in their private lives. It would be like civilian workers wearing their Bank uniform or shop uniform to go out in.
Oh gosh you beat me to it!

I was going to say, you need to get yourself down to the Army and Navy store for some real camo! 😉

It’s been so long since could leave house, so I don’t know if ours is still there - must ask my brother!

In fact one of my nieces is in a bit of a grungey phase, so sure she’d get some bits she likes in there.

My brother - who was desperate to join the army but my mum was desperate for him not to! - used to love that shop!

I remember he was *obsessed* with his army action man and used to want to dress like him, in army gear too!

He grew out of that but the shop was still good for hard-wearing clobber!

We used to get some camping bits in there too...

Think Ruth is trying to elevate the look?! Each to their own...!

Latest posts

Back