Marverine Cole

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well, there was I having one of those nights where you sleep for about 4 hours and your body says, "that's your lot" then I start channel surfing and I hear Alan Titchmarsh on the wee small hours repeat of his Weekend show, say and we will have Marverine Cole, Beer Ambassador,,,, I had no idea!

My cousin loves a good (alcohol free) beer, and there was one in the segment. I bet she thought I was daft sending her a Whatsapp at 4 am ish! Still she said she will look for the range next time she goes shopping.

Anyway, I thought it was one of those, made up for the segment titles, but, no, there it is, Beer Ambassador on her website! Sorry, if it's been mentioned before!

When I am awake at 4am I used to listen to Steve Allen on LBC, but he has been sacked and/or resigned.

He has been replaced by yet another phone-in, probably no-one else could talk non-stop for 3 hours without any phone callers.

When I am awake at 4am I used to listen to Steve Allen on LBC, but he has been sacked and/or resigned.

He has been replaced by yet another phone-in, probably no-one else could talk non-stop for 3 hours without any phone callers.
I listened to him too. Mainly because he wasnt political and didn’t have depressing phone ins.
I think the woke brigade got him .

Well, there was I having one of those nights where you sleep for about 4 hours and your body says, "that's your lot" then I start channel surfing and I hear Alan Titchmarsh on the wee small hours repeat of his Weekend show, say and we will have Marverine Cole, Beer Ambassador,,,, I had no idea!

My cousin loves a good (alcohol free) beer, and there was one in the segment. I bet she thought I was daft sending her a Whatsapp at 4 am ish! Still she said she will look for the range next time she goes shopping.

Anyway, I thought it was one of those, made up for the segment titles, but, no, there it is, Beer Ambassador on her website! Sorry, if it's been mentioned before!
She occasionally reads the news on GMB

She has recently been on Alan Titchmarch’s show about 2 weeks ago doing the alcohol / drinks section

I listened to him too. Mainly because he wasnt political and didn’t have depressing phone ins.
Rumour has it it was his refusal to use they/them pronouns when referring to Sam Smith and stating that on air. Apparently Sam Smith has some kind of connection to Global so that may be true, but he offended so many people I don’t suppose we will ever know. I always found a little Steve Allen went a long way and he was very Marmite, but when on form he was hilarious. He also, of course, has very poor health so that is another likely reason. But he was with them for 44 years so it did seem a rather heartless demise… a bit like Ken Bruce then! I never listened to him but he was chucked out a month early wasnt he? After 30+ years? Some bosses have no class.

If I woke up before 7 I would listen to Steve. Now I don’t switch the radio on because I don’t to hear another phone in at that time of the morning, I want something a bit lighter please.

From the BBC website in February.

Veteran broadcaster Steve Allen has announced he is to leave the LBC radio station after 44 years. On Friday, the 68-year-old tweeted: "My contract with LBC is up shortly and, following discussions, I'm stepping down from LBC today. I'd like to thank you all for listening over the last 44 years, it's been an honour and a privilege."

A spokesperson from Global thanked the station's longest-serving presenter for his "enormous contribution".

From the BBC website in February.

Veteran broadcaster Steve Allen has announced he is to leave the LBC radio station after 44 years. On Friday, the 68-year-old tweeted: "My contract with LBC is up shortly and, following discussions, I'm stepping down from LBC today. I'd like to thank you all for listening over the last 44 years, it's been an honour and a privilege."

A spokesperson from Global thanked the station's longest-serving presenter for his "enormous contribution".
Ah, but the online theorists suspect there is more to it! After all he vanished overnight. When that happened before it was through illness of course. Now apparently shops near his home are being bombarded with cards and presents for him! He often referred to a Mr Patel who ran a convenience store, not a post office, and he has received a ton of stuff for Steve. And there is also a belief that in fact his contract was not up for renewal, and I rather thought I had heard him say that he had quite some time to go, but I must have misheard because I didn’t listen often and Im not exactly alert at 6.00! I think there was more to it than a mutual decision because I think, had it been an unforced retirement, Steve would have announced it and said goodbye to his fans on air.

Ive just read back and apparently Mr Patel and other shops had a total of 93 parcels for Steve and have “lost count” of the number of cards! I think they are refusing to accept any more parcels, 😁

Ah, but the online theorists suspect there is more to it! After all he vanished overnight. When that happened before it was through illness of course. Now apparently shops near his home are being bombarded with cards and presents for him! He often referred to a Mr Patel who ran a convenience store, not a post office, and he has received a ton of stuff for Steve. And there is also a belief that in fact his contract was not up for renewal, and I rather thought I had heard him say that he had quite some time to go, but I must have misheard because I didn’t listen often and Im not exactly alert at 6.00! I think there was more to it than a mutual decision because I think, had it been an unforced retirement, Steve would have announced it and said goodbye to his fans on air.

Ive just read back and apparently Mr Patel and other shops had a total of 93 parcels for Steve and have “lost count” of the number of cards! I think they are refusing to accept any more parcels, 😁
I too thought I heard him say he had signed a new contract.

Why? Who or what was he discriminating against? I thought he was a gentle soul and woke in his approach about caring, fairness and non-discrimination. i thought he probably had had enough of the harsh arguing on divided politics

Latest posts

Back