Qurio - a socially interesting documentary!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Some years ago I tried to get travel insurance for the USA with one of those pre existing conditions companies. The quote was more than the cost of the holiday so needless to say I didn't go. Things have improved and I can get insurance at a much more reasonable price.

CC

I am another who no longer travels or does holiday, putting the cat in a cattery costs a fortune and I don't trust them. Then there is the outside cat Dinah who is semi feral and runs away from anyone but me until I am standing there with her. She has to get fed, her bowls washed and the door to her house open and not blown closed in the wind.

That’s a shame Mr M do you never want to travel 😊
No, not anymore to be honest Lynn.
But I do travel in the UK and there are some lovely places to see (some I'd never even heard of) so I don't feel short changed at all.
One example is The Falkirk Wheel that I visited last year. I hadn't heard of it all until I my parents said they would like to go so I took them last year. I really enjoyed it too.

Heads up folks. I'll have to admit that last week I had a bit of a sweep of the outlet section and I found Ruthies sunglasses for £17 that were recently introduced for £41 and I did like the look of them but I didn't want to pay £45 incl postage. I had a look at my catalogue and found a pair that I thought looked very similar and they were only £8 so I ordered those, they came in a drawstring bag as opposed to a fancy case, anyway they looked absolutely awful on me, so I returned them (free of charge of course). Anyway, for some reason, I decided to give Ruthie's glasses a go, which in hindsight might have been a bit silly as the other similar ones didn't suit me at all. I think the 5 ez pays swayed me - £21 all in and a few quid a month. The postman's just been and I've tried them on and for some strange reason they look great on me. The collapsible orange case is brilliant, it comes with a cleaning cloth so all in all I'm pretty damned pleased with my purchase. They look really sturdy and well made and definitely worth the money I paid. I know I won't get much use out of them just yet, but there are gonna be a fair few who recently shelled out full price and will be pretty cheesed off. Q can be alright just so long as you hold back on buying stuff that catches your eye straight away 'cause you can find it half price or less in a matter of weeks. Don't worry folks I'm not gonna be making a habit out of this!

No, not anymore to be honest Lynn.
But I do travel in the UK and there are some lovely places to see (some I'd never even heard of) so I don't feel short changed at all.
One example is The Falkirk Wheel that I visited last year. I hadn't heard of it all until I my parents said they would like to go so I took them last year. I really enjoyed it too.

Aww that’s lovely you took your parents, yes there are some great places to visit in the U.K.😊

Dearie dearie me! Check out the "pot pourri bush" £30 & postage for a wonky, badly made, squashed ornament that's shedding bits all over the place - Yep, it's a keeper!!! Not because she likes it, because she contacted Q who told her it was up to her to send it back to the manufacturer! (too much hassle) She'll straighten the bow, put a piece of card underneath it to stop it wobbling. She's clearly not happy, (Hyacinth of course) but is putting up with it, no real surprise there but then another post appears and because she was unable to post the correct item number for her wonky bush in the original video, she's trawled right through and found it and posted it in case anyone was interested in buying it!!!!!

Dearie dearie me! Check out the "pot pourri bush" £30 & postage for a wonky, badly made, squashed ornament that's shedding bits all over the place - Yep, it's a keeper!!! Not because she likes it, because she contacted Q who told her it was up to her to send it back to the manufacturer! (too much hassle) She'll straighten the bow, put a piece of card underneath it to stop it wobbling. She's clearly not happy, (Hyacinth of course) but is putting up with it, no real surprise there but then another post appears and because she was unable to post the correct item number for her wonky bush in the original video, she's trawled right through and found it and posted it in case anyone was interested in buying it!!!!!
I love the way some retailers tell you to deal with the manufacturers when there is an immediate problem . The buyer enters into a contract with the seller - they effectively agree to sell it to us and we agree to pay. We're not talking about getting spare parts from the manufacturer in the future - this is clearly a point of sale issue where the product is not fit for purpose or not as described.

I have just seen the table with the marked gold top! £75? for a cheap bit of tat.We all have different taste but it is so shoddy and she can’t be bothered to send it back, going on a cruise by any chance?

I think we can safely say the Lolipop dust collecting bit of tat is not up to standard either.Does Hyacinth see herself as some sort of shopping champion,a crusader giving detailed feedback to the Qurio faithful?I didn’t get to the end of the ‘broadcast’ life is just too short.

I have just seen the table with the marked gold top! £75? for a cheap bit of tat.We all have different taste but it is so shoddy and she can’t be bothered to send it back, going on a cruise by any chance?
I saw that one a while ago, and I was flabberghasted! We all have different tastes of course, but if you are into a lot of ornaments and trinkets, you really are better off buying in a bricks and mortar shop where you can see the stuff for yourself. Quality and finish can vary wildly and you'd pick up the one that isn't scratched or wonky, buy it online and it's in the lap of the Gods!

I've just watched the video. Words fail me!
Firstly, the hideous Christmas table. The woman is seriously keeping that pile of s*****e?? £75 plus postage! Said the base is perfect, err, no, not from where I'm standing, it's dreadful lady, dreadful.
Then that pathetic ball of twigs on a stick. £30 plus postage! For the love of god, send this rubbish back.
Some people have more money than sense, they really do.
PS how will she cope without QVC on her cruise I wonder?

Firstly, the hideous Christmas table. The woman is seriously keeping that pile of s*****e?? £75 plus postage! Said the base is perfect, err, no, not from where I'm standing, it's dreadful lady, dreadful.
Then that pathetic ball of twigs on a stick. £30 plus postage! For the love of god, send this rubbish back.
I have to admit, that I did wonder that too. Either she'll have the most terrible withdrawal symptoms and go completely mad and order about a year's worth of stuff in one go when she returns - Or she'll be ordering stuff non stop from the ship and have stuff delivered to a friend or relative's address, if she's got house sitters in, even better cause they can take in the parcels OR she'll see all the sights and realise that there's a lot more to life than spending money on tat!

Yesterday in TKMaxx, I spotted two different Osprey designer purses, large and £24.99. I was so tempted but since I am using a medium Radley bought from TKMaxx and have another one put away, both around £20+. But the Osprey both deep red, one croc effect leather, the other smooth. I kept saying they are too big for me and had to mentally drag myself away. Still thinking about them this morning. And said if, the croc one is still there next week I will buy it. Now, I have a friend who changes her purse and handbag every week to a different on, where I just use the same purse until it is tatty.

Ideal World are selling Osprey at the moment although I’d never heard of them as I don’t buy designer brands. I don’t know what prices Osprey bags etc usually are, but they seem a lot cheaper than some of the brands that QVC sell.

Chatting to a friend at the weekend, I mentioned how I have a good amount of credit with my gas, meaning I can turn it on when cold. She said I need to be careful as if something happened to me, it would be lost! Thanks, so I might just drop dead and loose the credit on my gas.:unsure:
A couple of times in the past I’ve asked my gas and electricity suppliers to refund some of the credit I’d built up, and reduce my direct debit. I don’t like my money being held by any organisation other than a bank ! Not sure how they would respond now though, during this mess.

After seeing that dreadful obelisk, I briefly thought about what my husband's reaction would be if he came home to find this stuck in our hallway (Christmas or not) and to be honest I'm pretty sure what he'd say would not be repeatable, and certainly not printable! Funnily enough, her original video for this (the one where she unwrapped it, said it was disappointing but would do a full review later) for the first time ever she said the price in hushed tones in case her husband over heard! I'm guessing that he's quite a mild mannered guy and that they've got an agreement that she can adorn the house in whatever manner she chooses, just so long as she doesn't complain that he spends too much time on the golf course or watching the sport on tv with a bottle of scotch to hand, also that the dusting is down to her!!! She has actually decided to return her wonky bush, and again mentioned her husband who pointed out that it was squashed and damaged and had she seen it in a shop, would she buy it? If that's how he put it to her then a mild mannered guy, he most certainly must be. Without making my husband sound like a Neanderthal (he's far from it btw) he'd say, FFS look at the state of it, I don't know why you're even considering keeping it, use your brain - send it back!

Ideal World are selling Osprey at the moment although I’d never heard of them as I don’t buy designer brands. I don’t know what prices Osprey bags etc usually are, but they seem a lot cheaper than some of the brands that QVC sell.
I love Osprey but only from TK Maxx. They mainly used to be mock croc but have diversified their style in the last few years. I bought 2 bags in TK Maxx years ago and paid £69.99 each, I think the original was over £300, I wouldn't have paid that obviously. I've picked up a couple of purses as well, they often have that brand in stock. I've not looked at Ideal World's selection or prices. Osprey have a shop in London but I've never been in.

A couple of times in the past I’ve asked my gas and electricity suppliers to refund some of the credit I’d built up, and reduce my direct debit. I don’t like my money being held by any organisation other than a bank ! Not sure how they would respond now though, during this mess.
I did just that a couple of weeks ago.My credit was quite an amount so it is now back in my bank, I can use it to top up my payments if I need to.It is not going to be spent on anything else.

Latest posts

Back