TV Guide

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

SnowMoon

Registered Shopper
Hi all, Having recently jumped from the the sinking ship "Gemporia" I am now looking to TJC for jewellery, and so far I am happy. Unfortunately, like Gems it is laden with non-jew ellery items. How can I find out what is on when? Their on-site TV guide gives no hint, except to say "Black Friday in March" with assorted items. Am I missing something? Am I being dense again?

Hi cannot be much help I am afraid but do not expect much difference in terms of sales tactics....they do the same 'oh hell we have made a mistake with price but will honor it' routines with terrible acting of shock and horror from presenters.

Sadly TJC is a bit of a televised jumble sale. They still do some very nice jewellery, but the majority of what they sell is low budget beauty and housewares. If an item is selling they will stick with it for ages, frequently not bringing to air something that they have been advertising. Or they will ask what people want to see and go with that. Sadly this doesn’t work for me, as I can’t be bothered watching on the off chance that something will come on that I’m interested in. They also have a fixation with Opatra Beauty devices, priced at thousands of pounds on the Opatra website, and available on TJC at roughly 10% of the price. You have been warned 🤣🤣🤣😀😀

LOL. I saw the Opatra thing this morning and ignored it. Currently watching Kieran saying he has lowered a price for a pink diamond ring so much that he is going to be out of a job. All terribly, terribly familiar! But, they same to have some more unusual designs and pieces. Gemporia seem to have a fixation with pretty traditional and sadly predictable design and settings. On some pieces I have seen I think TJC come out a bit cheaper too and I do like the fact they spend longer on a piece so you get a better look at it. I could live without the fixation with clocks though. Worse than Trothie.

Generally speaking, there isn't

It appears to be a novel idea in shopping tv but they adjust to what is selling in a particular 4-hour slot/day which makes a lot of business sense.

I think they have lost some of the high-end jewellery "collectors" by doing this but it has been mentioned many times on air they can't afford to do days dedicated to these anymore mainly due to the prices having to be a lot higher.

What I would say is if they advertise a particularly high-end item (usually on a Sat/Sunday) they do generally run that item.

Sadly TJC is a bit of a televised jumble sale. They still do some very nice jewellery, but the majority of what they sell is low budget beauty and housewares. If an item is selling they will stick with it for ages, frequently not bringing to air something that they have been advertising. Or they will ask what people want to see and go with that. Sadly this doesn’t work for me, as I can’t be bothered watching on the off chance that something will come on that I’m interested in. They also have a fixation with Opatra Beauty devices, priced at thousands of pounds on the Opatra website, and available on TJC at roughly 10% of the price. You have been warned 🤣🤣🤣😀😀

Having visited the opatra stand at the ideal home show this weekend, I can confidently tell everyone, their prices are just like the website prices. So Infact you are getting an amazing reduction on Tjc. Opatra are the only reason why I watch Tjc!

Prices on TJC for gold etc has risen so high. I bought a diamond ring locally a few weeks ago and it has a 20 point stone in 9ct gold £67 in the sale . It’s so pretty and I am so happy with it. On TJC few gold rings are under £100 these days.

This really annoys me too. the most annoying is when it says affordable luxury for hours on end.

Latest posts

Back