P&P Again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ilovelulu

Registered Shopper
Sorry guys I know this has been a thread a number of times but having just been to the post office to return a ring (Ana De Costa - too small and wasn't impressed with the quality) I was shocked when the man at the counter, weighed the parcel and told me it only weighed in as a large letter so only needed a 66p first class stamp!!!! WTF!

I paid £2.45 P&P!

Ok so you need to factor in cost of packaging etc etc but to go from 66p to £2.45 is bl**dy outrageous!

Anyway away for a cup of tea to recover!

Sorry guys I know this has been a thread a number of times but having just been to the post office to return a ring (Ana De Costa - too small and wasn't impressed with the quality) I was shocked when the man at the counter, weighed the parcel and told me it only weighed in as a large letter so only needed a 66p first class stamp!!!! WTF!

I paid £2.45 P&P!

Ok so you need to factor in cost of packaging etc etc but to go from 66p to £2.45 is bl**dy outrageous!

Anyway away for a cup of tea to recover!

Yep I have had that too with small items of jewellery. I know return under DSR if I know that I am not going to bother with the 30 day trial. At least that way I get original p&p back.

Yep I have had that too with small items of jewellery. I know return under DSR if I know that I am not going to bother with the 30 day trial. At least that way I get original p&p back.

Yep I've returned it under DSR, so asked for my P&P back, also emailed them to tell them and got a very 'dry' email back! So will only end up 66p down.

Don't think they are too happy about the ol' DSR's! :giggle:

Yep I've returned it under DSR, so asked for my P&P back, also emailed them to tell them and got a very 'dry' email back! So will only end up 66p down.

Don't think they are too happy about the ol' DSR's! :giggle:

I agree I dont think they are either!!:doh:

I've just called QVC CS as I returned a faulty Skagen Watch. On the returns slip I clearly asked for my p+p charges to be refunded and guess what...... they didn't bother! So I called and asked the refund, I don't think they were happy - but why should I pay for something I could'nt wear even if I wanted to?

Regarding rings ... no matter which range I've been ordering 2 sizes to see which one works. I return the other under DSR (or if neither works for me for whatever reason, I return them both). I send the email advising them of this. I've been getting various form letters acknowledging my email where they state that my P&P will be returned. Most often it's not so I have to chase it down. Had to do this on the last two returns and didn't get the "so sorry this was overlooked" email. P&P just magically appeared in online account.

I know that QVC is probably thinking 'oh no, not her again.' So hopefully if everyone else is doing the same then I'll blend in.

You have to remember that under the RM's terms and conditions, you would be entitled to no recompense if you return any type of jewellary-no matter the cost-with normal first class post and it goes missing. It's only in the very small print, I found out about it by my SIL who works for RM.

Here's the info:

1.Make sure you use the correct service when sending money, jewellery or valuable items. If you send money, jewellery or valuables using any other Royal Mail service except Special Delivery™ you will not be able to claim any compensation in the event of loss or damage.

You have to remember that under the RM's terms and conditions, you would be entitled to no recompense if you return any type of jewellary-no matter the cost-with normal first class post and it goes missing. It's only in the very small print, I found out about it by my SIL who works for RM.

Here's the info:

1.Make sure you use the correct service when sending money, jewellery or valuable items. If you send money, jewellery or valuables using any other Royal Mail service except Special Delivery™ you will not be able to claim any compensation in the event of loss or damage.

If it had been an expensive ring I would have sent it recorded etc (not that I'm saying I wouldn't miss the £15 or so but I've found that most of my goods sent the normal first class tend to get there with no problems whereas when I send recorded/registered or special there always seems to be an issue with it! Might just be me though! lol

Also when QVC send a pre-paid return label for jewellery I'm sure its usually 1st or 2nd (can't remember which!).

Anyway good heads up SuziQ!

Latest posts

Back