My Glenn Lehrer ring

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
Just received my ring and there is a chip on the underside rim of the gemstone that reflects right through the gem, great quality control!
What a HUGE disappointment but to be honest I am not surprised as I said to my husband whilst watching the show a few times that I thought I saw a chip, as a small chip on the underside rim reflects through the top of the gem and looks bigger!
Back it goes! :(

Last edited:
I thought I saw chips in the gems too but they didn't mention it - it's a shame. Hopefully you'll be able to get a better quality one next time.

What a shame, are you going to try and get a replacement ?
other than the obvious disappointment having the chip in it what was your opinion of the ring had it been in perfect condition.In other words would you have kept it and what stone did you go for ,I am interested because I have a ring and pendant in amethyst waiting to be delivered and I so want to love them.

Good God Gemcherub you must be so disappointed ... so much for well cut gemstones!!! You would think that quality control, at least on the Glenn Lehrer rings would be tighter, and if I was Glenn I certainly wouldn't be happy!

I thought I saw chips in the gems too but they didn't mention it - it's a shame. Hopefully you'll be able to get a better quality one next time.
If you saw the chips and I saw them then why didn't the presenter or Glenn see them and stop them being posted out? Quality control has always let gems down.

What a shame, are you going to try and get a replacement ?
other than the obvious disappointment having the chip in it what was your opinion of the ring had it been in perfect condition.In other words would you have kept it and what stone did you go for ,I am interested because I have a ring and pendant in amethyst waiting to be delivered and I so want to love them.
It was a lovely cut gem (other than the chip) but to be honest the ring wasn't for me I really wanted to own the cut but haven't yet seen a gem I really want but I heard next time he is doing some in Garnet, Peridot and aquamarine so may try again then!
But if you love Amethyst I'm sure you will love them.

Things must be bad if the one they were showing on TV had a chip in it. Either they are blind or trying to pull as fast one. Seems like many years since the birth of Rocks where Steve would all but tell you how much he was making on something, when something was not the best quality but the price would reflect that etc. shame really.

PJ

A chip? OMG that's really not good. GC could yours have been the one that was shown on TV do you think or is the chip in a different place? If it's in a different place then it's disgraceful because the only reason for buying one of these rings is the cut - and that means the cut has to be perfect! Amethyst is NOT an expensive stone and you can pick up massive carat weights for next to nothing. Even top of the range amethyst is still relatively cheap so having a chip on this makes it a VERY expensive amethyst. I'm sorry GC because I know you were looking forward to seeing it.

Forget the chip for a moment, what was the ring like? Did it feel substantial? One of the things I've noticed about the cut is the outside circle of the gem looks good but then there's an inner circle that appears to be like a window (I know it's not but at least that describes what I see) so, devoid of faceting and flat and then you have an inner circle of faceting with the diamond set in the centre. Does that describe it accurately? Did the Amethyst have blue flash or was it quite pale?

Sorry, so many questions!

A chip? OMG that's really not good. GC could yours have been the one that was shown on TV do you think or is the chip in a different place? If it's in a different place then it's disgraceful because the only reason for buying one of these rings is the cut - and that means the cut has to be perfect! Amethyst is NOT an expensive stone and you can pick up massive carat weights for next to nothing. Even top of the range amethyst is still relatively cheap so having a chip on this makes it a VERY expensive amethyst. I'm sorry GC because I know you were looking forward to seeing it.

Forget the chip for a moment, what was the ring like? Did it feel substantial? One of the things I've noticed about the cut is the outside circle of the gem looks good but then there's an inner circle that appears to be like a window (I know it's not but at least that describes what I see) so, devoid of faceting and flat and then you have an inner circle of faceting with the diamond set in the centre. Does that describe it accurately? Did the Amethyst have blue flash or was it quite pale?

Sorry, so many questions!
No the chip I saw on air was on a topaz yellow gold ring, the ring did feel substantial at only 3 grams, my amethyst was no where near as nice as the one on air, it was paler and no blue what so ever, it didn't look windowed in the centre circle but was paler.
Hope yours is better x
Not having much luck with my gems at the moment :(

No the chip I saw on air was on a topaz yellow gold ring, the ring did feel substantial at only 3 grams, my amethyst was no where near as nice as the one on air, it was paler and no blue what so ever, it didn't look windowed in the centre circle but was paler.
Hope yours is better x
Not having much luck with my gems at the moment :(

I think we may have seen the same ring - I didn't watch the whole show, I was channel hopping and saw a yellow gem and also commented to my husband that it looked like it had a chip. You could also see it on the promo video quite clearly.

Latest posts

Back