Forget the Worry Angel, there's a new kid in Town.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

radio_dayz

Registered Shopper
Saw Peter Simon selling this last night.

Angel.jpg

It looks like a large Worry Angel in a Glass Dome which lights up. He described it as a Guardian Angel. He was making a real fuss of this thing, and telling us poor saps of viewers, how much he loves it.

Anyway, in the end he managed to extract £24.99 from some poor mugs for this vomit inducing horror!!

The very same thing is on the bid web site for £9.99 with a less emotive descripton. Shame on you Peter Simon for getting so much more for this thing than you should, probably from the old and the vulnerable

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Personali...x./HX131733/ProductDetail.raction#prettyPhoto

Was that £24.99 after the other charges?, 'cause if it wasn't OMFG! (Sorry!). If so then it's still going for more than it needed to and a lot more than it's worth. Some of these presenters really need to be told to "rein it in!" It's one thing saying,"yes, I've got one of these, and I love it", to even making the slightest suggestion that an inanimate piece of glass/plastic could have healing or lifting properties = this is completely wrong. I appreciate that it must be hard to try and sell something that's so tacky and so awful, but you only need to say (true or not) something along the lines of;
"My Auntie Ethel loves this kind of thing, they're all over her mantlepiece, her grandchildren love the way they light up, she loves 'em!" I'm sorry to say this, but it's usuallythe most poor, desparate and vulnerable people that fall foul of this sort of speil - Sales pitch should NEVER be designed to catch people when they're at an all time low....It is so very wrong to give people false hope, and overcharging them for the privilege. Shame on you!

No merryone, it was £24.99 before you add the £7.99 and the £1.53 for the call. An absolut disgrace.

The problem is of course, that many older people don't have a computer and internet access, so will never know how they are being taken! The way Simon was selling this thing as a Guardian Angel is simply a way to get as much for this crap as he possibly could. I hope he sleeps well at night.

No merryone, it was £24.99 before you add the £7.99 and the £1.53 for the call. An absolut disgrace.

The problem is of course, that many older people don't have a computer and internet access, so will never know how they are being taken! The way Simon was selling this thing as a Guardian Angel is simply a way to get as much for this crap as he possibly could. I hope he sleeps well at night.

I think the producers are as much to blame, if not more. The presenters are the ones who have to stand there for 10 minutes at a time and think of stuff to say about some god awful product that probably looks twice as bad in realilty to them, than in does on screen to the viewer.....I for one wouldn't have wasted my time and money on those horrific duvet covers I recently bought if I could have seen the quality first hand! The presenters couldn't go on a tell the complete truth all the time, as most shows would read like this: "Flippin' eck folks, I've seen better quality stuff down the local market/Poundshop/rubbish tip, This perfume smells like fly killer, but never mind the fragrance is such poor quality it'll have worn off in ten minutes. They are going to tell us the crap stuff is good, it's their job do so, It's an unenviable task, and the worst of the presenters don't have the gift of making something bad sound good without resorting, to scare tactics, bs, and at times downright lies...The management need to put some proper guidelines into place and stick to them, these channels might find themselves coming unstuck!

If there was ever a law against using the earth's resources to manufacture crap - this would be a prime example!

They're increasingly selling products aimed at lonely, elderly and vulnerable people. It's pretty obvious who they're targeting when they sell hearing aids and walking sticks then go onto selling a home security alarm - teamed with stories of how unsafe the country is 'these days'....

What on earth is the pen for? :wonder:

According to the description:

You can create your own personal message on the glass dome with the marker pen provided, this would be a great gift for someone special by personalising a message for this festive season.

Perhaps by 'someone special', they really mean 'your worst enemy'.

Latest posts

Back