Cashmere & Wool Overcoat - another one for the ASA?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wirral70

Registered Shopper
Peter Simon is selling a supposed Cashmere and Wool overcoat (the on screen caption confirms this). However, when he was showing it of the label on the arm clearly says 'Wool and Cashmere blend'. On checking the website the coat contains 10% cashmere.

So shouldn't it be described as Wool and Cashmere? In fairness you would have to be crazy to think you could get a real Cashmere and Wool jacket for £50 but it still seems an unfair description.

That's right, the largest content of material should come first, which is wool! But of course, cashmere and wool sounds much better, and will shift more stock.

Guy Kean sold this coat this morning, and actually described it as wool and cashmere! This is the first time I have ever heard it described correctly. I really think sit-up must be monitoring thses pages.

Guy Kean sold this coat this morning, and actually described it as wool and cashmere! This is the first time I have ever heard it described correctly. I really think sit-up must be monitoring thses pages.

I saw that but it actually isn't the same coat, there are two on the website (see links). I forgot to mention the 'Cashmere and Wool' coat also actually has 20% polymide, whatever that is (this was never mentioned on screen).

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Thomas-Brooks-Italian-Fabric-Coat/M/MSZ000000007425/ProductDelivery.raction

http://store.bid.tv/bidtv/Thomas-Brooks-Cashmere-Mix-SB-Coat/M/MSZ000000008128/ProductDetail.raction

Guy did mention that the coat was 70% wool. So the remainder is, 20% polymide and 10% cashmere.

Yep, that's a cashmere coat alright!

Guy did mention that the coat was 70% wool. So the remainder is, 20% polymide and 10% cashmere.

Yep, that's a cashmere coat alright!

It will be interesting to see how they describe the other coat I saw last night when it's next on, it was all 'Cashmere, Cashmere' although wool got a mention but ****** polymide didn't!

Mind you it was the atrocious Peter Simon. At least it sounds like Guy Kean was more honest with the other coat, it's exactly the same cloth just a different style.

I saw Guy Kean's demo this morning, and indeed he did say "wool" first, however one thing did bother me, and this isn't his fault. He said before the price came up, that Marks and Spencer were selling a coat of exactly the same style and fabric constitution for £159, but we (bid) are going to sell ours for under £80....ok, nothing wrong with that, then the price came up £187, ok as promised it did drop to the price he said it would, but £187? Where did they pluck that figure from? That's actually more expensive than the Marks and Spencer coat, so why did he have to use that as the benchmark? Could he not have just said "I have a Thomas Brooks coat here, it costs £187, but today we're selling it for under £80?" A number of reason's I'd say. Firstly because there's nowhere else you can buy Thomas Brooks from apart from bid tv, and related trade names, so everybody would KNOW that this item would NEVER sell at that price, it's not a brand anyone's heard of, so they're not going to be synonomous with good quality the way M&S is. I also thought, though I'm no expert, that the Thomas Brooks coat didn't look particularly good quality, I'm sure the M&S version will be far superior!

Yeh they KEEP DOING THAT! really annoying! They equate their products to ones used by top celebs or putting their stuff in the same league as famous brands like Butler & Wilson, Crem de la mer etc etc.... That's like lenor likening the scents of their fabriic conditioners to Chanel! It's absolutley misleading for unsuspecting punters, poor people!

Latest posts

Back