Caroline Lindsey insults a buyer

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

deedee

Mike Monroe/Marilyn Mason
The frumpy foghorn that is Caroline Lindsey (a bit harsh I know but I'm cross!) has just potentially insulted a buyer.
The product was a pair of Dr Cringles shoes which were £5.99 I think and Caroline was congratulating the buyers who had their names scrolling across the screen. One buyer was called Albert and she said something like 'well done Albert, £5.99 will help make your pension go further won't it my love?'
I couldn't believe it. How dare she assume Albert is a pensioner and how dare she insult and patronise him on TV! I'm cross on Albert's behalf and I don't even know the bloke!! :headbang: :angry:

The frumpy foghorn that is Caroline Lindsey (a bit harsh I know but I'm cross!) has just potentially insulted a buyer.
The product was a pair of Dr Cringles shoes which were £5.99 I think and Caroline was congratulating the buyers who had their names scrolling across the screen. One buyer was called Albert and she said something like 'well done Albert, £5.99 will help make your pension go further won't it my love?'
I couldn't believe it. How dare she assume Albert is a pensioner and how dare she insult and patronise him on TV! I'm cross on Albert's behalf and I don't even know the bloke!! :headbang: :angry:
Awww DeeDee u do make me chuckle! :mysmilie_483: I know what you mean tho rather assumptive & patronising to say the least! Bet she never mentioned the p&p & call charge so even if he is a pensioner it won't be helping him that much eh!! If they were plastic they deffo won't be helping the poor bloke out in the summer! x

Hi Nikki, thanks hun, you've made me smile!
I do get steamed up on behalf of others, then I get on my soap box and my high horse (not both at the same time you understand, that would be silly and probably dangerous too :mysmilie_15:) but actually my real name means 'defender of men' and that's what I tend to do! hehe! :mysmilie_486::mysmilie_493:
Poor Albert, he might be 30 years old and well fit!

He probably is elderly as Bid must have a high ratio of older viewers. Who else buys that stuff they sell that looks like it's been copied from the "Man about the House" & "Rising Damp" wardrobe? (Funny lots of people have been saying exactly the same about QVC, must be a shopping channel thing) :confused::nod: xx

It's a bit rich coming from someone who looks like she is stuck in the mid 1980's. I cannot abide the woman, that tilting of the head she does, presumably to try and feign friendliness and apathy. She's not so friendly when she says you can but nine, 1p items for less than 10p when we all know it actually costs well over £70.00!!!!!!

Last edited:
He probably is elderly as Bid must have a high ratio of older viewers. Who else buys that stuff they sell that looks like it's been copied from the "Man about the House" & "Rising Damp" wardrobe? (Funny lots of people have been saying exactly the same about QVC, must be a shopping channel thing) :confused::nod: xx

Aww Nikki, allow me my fantasy of Albert being in his 30's and well fit :mysmilie_481:
In my head he was buying Dr Cringles for his gran coz he's a realy nice bloke :mysmilie_507:

Aww Nikki, allow me my fantasy of Albert being in his 30's and well fit :mysmilie_481:
In my head he was buying Dr Cringles for his gran coz he's a realy nice bloke :mysmilie_507:

OK luvvie, why spoil the dream eh lol x.

It's a bit rich coming from someone who looks like she is stuck in the mid 1980's. I cannot abide the woman, that tilting of the head she does, presumably to try and feign friendliness and apathy. She's not so friendly when she says you can but nine, 1p items for less than 10p when we all know it actually costs well over £70.00!!!!!!

:mysmilie_497: yep, totally agree Wirral, I don't want to make it personal but she never seems to get her look quite right somehow :mysmilie_5:

:mysmilie_497: yep, totally agree Wirral, I don't want to make it personal but she never seems to get her look quite right somehow :mysmilie_5:

I'm intrigued as to what "look" Ms Lindsay is going for.

I'm surprised those experts from the makeover day didn't give her some advice on how to make the most of herself.

I'm intrigued as to what "look" Ms Lindsay is going for.

I'm surprised those experts from the makeover day didn't give her some advice on how to make the most of herself.

Enigma I have no idea what 'look' she goes for or tries to go for but I think she thinks she looks attractive :mysmilie_12::mysmilie_857:
I watch her and try to work out where she goes wrong just for a bit of sport!
Hmmm, are you thinking she should drag the grey bedsheet round with her? :mysmilie_468::mysmilie_460:

Hmmm, are you thinking she should drag the grey bedsheet round with her? :mysmilie_468::mysmilie_460:

Ew! That thing could probably do with a ****** good boil wash.

And as for the bedsheet...

As she does a lot of fashion she always seems to be wearing what they are selling and some just looks so old fashioned on her.

As she does a lot of fashion she always seems to be wearing what they are selling and some just looks so old fashioned on her.

Hey perhaps Woosie's got it :mysmilie_502: maybe it's the way Ms Lindsey wears the clothes and yes she does wear a lot of the fashion items.
Ok so this has got me thinking, it must be the way she wears them coz you could put Caroline and Sally Jaxx in the same out fit and Sally could carry it off (in a trashy type way!!) whereas Caroline wouldn't be able to...........hmmm interesting point Woos :mysmilie_471:

Hey perhaps Woosie's got it :mysmilie_502: maybe it's the way Ms Lindsey wears the clothes and yes she does wear a lot of the fashion items.
Ok so this has got me thinking, it must be the way she wears them coz you could put Caroline and Sally Jaxx in the same out fit and Sally could carry it off (in a trashy type way!!) whereas Caroline wouldn't be able to...........hmmm interesting point Woos :mysmilie_471:

Sally and Caroline?

Frumpy Foghorn

LOL, I love that description and yes she is patronizing at the best of times, with her quick, quick, quick and continuous repeating of the telephone number, doh, doh, what number do I call again, wait 5 seconds, ha, that one, isn't that the one on the screen?, yeah, but bid viewers cannot read so it has to be repeated, oh, thank you Frumpy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL, I love that description and yes she is patronizing at the best of times, with her quick, quick, quick and continuous repeating of the telephone number, doh, doh, what number do I call again, wait 5 seconds, ha, that one, isn't that the one on the screen?, yeah, but bid viewers cannot read so it has to be repeated, oh, thank you Frumpy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oops! I must admit, I was feeling a bit cross and indignant when I called her the frumpy foghorn!.................I may have been a bit harsh maybe??!!

No Deedee you weren't being harsh. She is presenting the image of a frumpy foghorn. New Year - change your image Caroline.

Phew :mysmilie_504: thanks FP!
I think Bid were doing New Year New You or something, I think Caroline should sign up! Ok I've probably criticised her enough now! :mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back