Leighton Denny TSV 1/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In my experience Leighton's products last better than Nails Inc, OPI, Essie etc, and in my opinion his colours are more vibrant and interesting (IYKWIM!) than any others on the market...buuutt...since I discovered the Red Carpet gel system there's no going back to standard polishes for me! Leighton - please make gel polishes in your brill colours! Thanking you..:cool:

269357_528595093851403_798186238_n.jpg

this is it no idea what the colours are though

Weird that OPI and Nails Inc have re-invented the wheel with these remover soaked foam in a pot products, I first used this type of product in the 70s and about 4 years ago I was even sent one in my Beauty Bible bundle to test (rrp about £3). They're okay for removing ordinary polishes, but once you remove a glitter polish the particles get deposited back on your nails every time afterwards.

What about toes? It's blummin difficult to get your toes in the pot, so for me the "great for travel" selling point is a non-starter.

Jude xx

Weird that OPI and Nails Inc have re-invented the wheel with these remover soaked foam in a pot products, I first used this type of product in the 70s and about 4 years ago I was even sent one in my Beauty Bible bundle to test (rrp about £3). They're okay for removing ordinary polishes, but once you remove a glitter polish the particles get deposited back on your nails every time afterwards.

What about toes? It's blummin difficult to get your toes in the pot, so for me the "great for travel" selling point is a non-starter.

Jude xx

Never thought about the toes! That has really made me laugh though.

I can imagine how useless the remover pots are after using glitter polishes, but I can't imagine them being much use after removing a few manicures with dark colours either. All the dark pigment just stays in the pot.

I used the wee pots when I was at school. They were 99p from Superdrug. Always wrecked after a few goes with my Mary Quant goth colours though. I managed to use the NI one successfully on my toes with a glitter polish and my toes are pretty stumpy. Lol

Jude xx

The removal system seems a bit of a faff to me too, but I have gone for the TSV.

In my experience Leighton's products last better than Nails Inc, OPI, Essie etc, and in my opinion his colours are more vibrant and interesting (IYKWIM!) than any others on the market...buuutt...since I discovered the Red Carpet gel system there's no going back to standard polishes for me! Leighton - please make gel polishes in your brill colours! Thanking you..:cool:

It really depends on the individual, Leighton's polishes peel right off my nails within a day!

Colours - Pink promenade, Grey radiance, Almost apricot, Angel effect (?) and dusky blue. Some/ one of which are from his new S/S collection, also corrector fluid and brush, crystal hard topcoat (wonder if this will be his take on Seche vite?) and a new remover system http://www.professionalbeauty.co.uk/page.cfm/Action=library/libID=1/libEntryID=607 and miracle mist - I think. http://www.professionalbeauty.co.uk/page.cfm/Action=Press/libID=1/libEntryID=409

Many thanks for posting the contents and colours info. Sadly, I am very tempted!!

Out of interest, how does Seche Vite differ from other topcoats so much that other brands would want to copy it? I know people rave about it but I thought it was just another topcoat?

I'd be interested to know too AndiK, I mostly use the Nails Inc Caviar top coat which dries very quickly. Has anyone tried both, NI Caviar and Seche Vite and could compare and contrast?

Jude xx

Me too, Jude. I love the Nails Inc Caviar but I find Leighton's Crystal Finish very good as well. Would love to hear comparisons with Seche Vite.

I've tried NI Caviar and it does indeed dry very fast but l found on my nails my polish didn't last as long as it does with seche vite. Again l like Ld's crystal finish but somehow my nails/polish always feels more protected under seche vite and my polish does seem to last much longer on my nails. The only downside l have found with sech vite is that it can thicken before you get to the bottom of the bottle, so it's good to have some seche restore in stock. I usually buy mine form a reliable US ebayer for half the price they sell it for in the UK including P&P.

Latest posts

Back