Red carpet manicure TSV 19/2/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DF blogged...
"And red alert – 19th feb Red Carpet tsv – the long-awaited French Manicure version! Easy to wear your own colours on top of it too (remove using non-acetone and red carpet long lasting gel stays fresh and shiny underneath too!). Can’t wait – I’ll be launching it! "

oooh choice of colours by the look of it!

Jude xx

We got 3 nail colours in the original kit - so would expect the same again unless the French Manicure kit is included as well (nail templates etc) and I can't see any signs of that.

BTW I'm currently just wearing a base coat and a top coat. My nails are protected and I've been painting other nail varnish over the top.
Also been using the peel off nail varnish which stays on my non dominant hand but does chip and peel off pretty quick on my dominant hand. b I tried using a glitter over the top of the peel off varnish but the problem with the dominant hand peeling quickly on my dominant hand still occured. That was using Nail Inc glitter. Got some Barry M glitter now so will try that over the peel varnish.

Still loving the Redcarpetmanicure

bit disappointed, was hoping it was going the be a bunch of new colours rather then the whole kit and kaboodle again.

the beige in the french manicure choice looks like the one that came in the original kit, as does the red in the pinky colour choice.

suppose I'll just be buying more from beautybay.com (free p&p) instead.

I returned the first set, I like to repaint my nails every few days and although I painted over the RCM I didn't feel I was getting £80-worth of value from the set. I think the choice of colours is a step in the right direction but still think it's too expensive.

Jude xx

I returned the first set, I like to repaint my nails every few days and although I painted over the RCM I didn't feel I was getting £80-worth of value from the set. I think the choice of colours is a step in the right direction but still think it's too expensive.

Jude xx

For me, part of the value in the set is that my nails are hardened by the gel nail varnish and for the first time in my life I have longish nails. Secondly I don't make the time to paint my nails every few days and thirdly I always smudge at least one nail with normal varnish.

bit disappointed, was hoping it was going the be a bunch of new colours rather then the whole kit and kaboodle again.

the beige in the french manicure choice looks like the one that came in the original kit, as does the red in the pinky colour choice.

suppose I'll just be buying more from beautybay.com (free p&p) instead.

You can buy them directly from redcarpetmanicure.co.uk with free p&p - and if you go to their facebook page they do a colour of the week every week which you can buy for 1/2 price when buying any other colour.

I wish they would do an option without the light as I already have it. Would like the kit though , the non French version

For me, part of the value in the set is that my nails are hardened by the gel nail varnish and for the first time in my life I have longish nails.

A friend of mine uses Sensationail, which she bought from Sainsburys. The original kit with the light was about £65 I think. Like you, she loves the fact that she now has lovely hard nails where before she had flaking, bending, peeling nails. She doesn't use the colours at all, just the base coat and top coat, and I must say her nails look great all the time as if she just had a normal clear polish on them. She also bought a pair of anti-uv gloves which expose just the tips of her fingers and she wears them when her hands are under the light to (hopefully) prevent any long term skin problems from the light exposure. Judging from the results she's getting it would be worth someone who's considering RCM to have a look at Sensationail too before they buy. I don't use either so I can't give a personal recommendation.

A friend of mine uses Sensationail, which she bought from Sainsburys. The original kit with the light was about £65 I think. Like you, she loves the fact that she now has lovely hard nails where before she had flaking, bending, peeling nails. She doesn't use the colours at all, just the base coat and top coat, and I must say her nails look great all the time as if she just had a normal clear polish on them. She also bought a pair of anti-uv gloves which expose just the tips of her fingers and she wears them when her hands are under the light to (hopefully) prevent any long term skin problems from the light exposure. Judging from the results she's getting it would be worth someone who's considering RCM to have a look at Sensationail too before they buy. I don't use either so I can't give a personal recommendation.

The only thing about the Sensationail (which you can buy from Boots too) is that the bottles of stuff are very small and you can only get about half the number of manicures out of them than with the RCM, so this actually makes it work out more expensive in the long run.

As said before Sensationail bottles are much smaller, there's less coverage from it too compared to Red Carpet Manicure.

As someone who's used both, I'd say don't bother with Sensationail , it's not a patch on the RCM

Latest posts

Back