Anything goes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

China Girl

Registered Shopper
I have watched a few of these Saturday night shows, well bits of them anyway. The jolly party atmosphere they are trying to create just seems forced to me.
Some of the guests look uncomfortable, the hilarity is coming accross as one big act and it's like some awful party where you just want to show your face and leave after a polite length of time.
They had that new girl Chloe on a few weeks ago, she has taken to shouting now instead of speaking normally as she did when she first appeared on Q, shouting does not make me want to listen to the presentation, it makes me want to switch off.

I said that she was shouting in another thread too, but just thought it was because she was with Lenny.

I switched over when they started off with popcorn, 4 small looking packs for £12.50 something plus p&p!! Then AD spouting something about anything goes taking her out of her comfort zone...ZZZZZZ

Just switched back & saw them giving the £50 credit prize to someone, talk about milking it, they were only giving away 50 quid not 5 grand lol! (& that was a Q credit not cash).

Last edited:
Not really seen much of Anything Goes but had it on this evening. Saw the gold plated popcorn and swiftly followed by gold plated jam, who wants to pay those sort of prices. I don't think their typical viewer is a regular shopper at Fortnum and Mason!

Then had the horror of seeing of Craig squeezed into his skin tight white shirt.

Don't think I'll be a regular viewer of it somehow.

I think they said it's the last Anything Goes next week Kim. No surprises there then lol.

Ah, it's been put out of it's misery. Hurrah!
They did say that next week was the last of the current run so that sounds like it will be back. However they might just not want to admit it was a flop and only be pretending it will return. :thinking:

Craig was on so could only bare to watch 5mins and that was enough , totally fake show and fake atmosphere thankgod its the last one next week

Don't know about 'Anything Goes', more like 'Anyone Watching?' They wouldn't be dropping it if it was generating the sales. Only watched for a few minutes this evening but thought it was as flat as a pancake. And why is silly Craig dressed as a flight attendent? :thinking:

Don't know about 'Anything Goes', more like 'Anyone Watching?' They wouldn't be dropping it if it was generating the sales. Only watched for a few minutes this evening but thought it was as flat as a pancake. And why is silly Craig dressed as a flight attendent? :thinking:

Suffice to say...:mysmilie_471::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_504:
I thought Craig's "ensemble" was rather odd too.

Suffice to say...:mysmilie_471::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_504:
I thought Craig's "ensemble" was rather odd too.

Nothing wrong with bring proud of your sexuality but he does seem to be playing up the camp image much more recently.

I have watched most of the Anything Goes shows, havent really got into them, apart from the weeks when they had John Barrowman on them, when he took the Anything Goes theme, to another level. It started off with the Gift Shows on a Saturday Night before christmas, when he was talking about Dale and his beanstalk, and then the other week he got Charlie a bit hot under the covers.

Didn't this 'anything goes' thing start on the back of Dale being funny and a bit anarchic one saturday evening? Then the q'v obviously turning it into a bit of a theme? Anyway, they couldn't keep up that format forever, bound to wear thin a bit all the forced jollity. Still, it's had its run, so there we are. (Didn't even know it was stopping til I saw on here.) ps. Can you imagine the for-ced-ness of the whole shebang if it was a combo of these presenters: jilly, anna and kathy.

I can't say I have watched more than a few mins of anything goes, anything with JB or CR in it would always get a:down: down from me. IMO it is just another gimmick to get you to part with your money....

Didn't this 'anything goes' thing start on the back of Dale being funny and a bit anarchic one saturday evening? Then the q'v obviously turning it into a bit of a theme? Anyway, they couldn't keep up that format forever, bound to wear thin a bit all the forced jollity. Still, it's had its run, so there we are. (Didn't even know it was stopping til I saw on here.) ps. Can you imagine the for-ced-ness of the whole shebang if it was a combo of these presenters: jilly, anna and kathy.

Yes it started on the back of the Gift shows which Dale and Debbie F, did on saturdays before christmas, but yes it really kicked off during a show with Dale and John Barrowman, leading to Dale getting a bit hot under the cover, and John Barrowman morealess taking over.

Jilly, Anna and Kathy cant think of a worse trip, Anna and Kathy might work, never been a fan of Jilly myself, this is probably me, but ive always found her, to be a bit above her station.

Latest posts

Back