Calling Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hillary

Registered Shopper
Could you please use a bit of sway to invite Dr Cringle and Tommy and Kate into the studio so the we can see them? It would certainly increase sales

Shylock is too busy bullshitting about that ****** awful Weekend Collection of Bags. He says 'Do you know what this reminds me of? The 70's. Jetset, really posh Air Stewardesses with their hair all done up going on with the pilot'.

Do you know what it reminds me of? A set of those free Tesco Insulated Chiller Bags if you spend a tenner on frozen goods.

Could you please use a bit of sway to invite Dr Cringle and Tommy and Kate into the studio so the we can see them? It would certainly increase sales

There too busy filming "Rip off Britain" with Gloria Hunniford

I really used to like Peter Sherlock but, as it says in another thread, he seems to have lost his way. I wonder if it's because he doesn't do much presenting any more? Perhaps he's out of touch and thinks that saying anything to make a sale is OK. He used to seem very warm and genuine but now he just appears ridiculous with all the fake surprised facial expressions along with spouting BS. It's a shame as he really was one of my favourite presenters, now I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth

I really used to like Peter Sherlock but, as it says in another thread, he seems to have lost his way. I wonder if it's because he doesn't do much presenting any more? Perhaps he's out of touch and thinks that saying anything to make a sale is OK. He used to seem very warm and genuine but now he just appears ridiculous with all the fake surprised facial expressions along with spouting BS. It's a shame as he really was one of my favourite presenters, now I don't believe anything that comes out of his mouth

I was a bit doubtful of the fake warmth, I always felt there was a nasty side to him. Hope I'm wrong.

I think it's more likely since he got involved with the Sit-up buying team. They have no shame in their product descriptions.

I never thought it possible to talk about a steam mop for 30 minutes (you could probably read the entire manual and a Joan Collins novel in the same amount of time). :devil:

I was a bit doubtful of the fake warmth, I always felt there was a nasty side to him. Hope I'm wrong.
He may not be perfect but Peter Sherlock's still one of the better presenters on the channel from what little I've seen of him recently. And if anyone doubts this observation then they should try to see Steve Macdonald selling "high end watches" or Peter Simon selling, erm, that's it really :giggle:

Taken from the website...

Peter Sherlock is a television presenter currently working on the popular shopping channel Price-Drop TV.

Peter has worked as an actor, singer, stylist, cleaner, builders mate, photocopier repairman, makeup artist, kitchen designer, film extra, A&E receptionist, teacher and a pizza delivery boy. He was voted off the weakest link in round 2 in 2002 and filmed “Wild Weekends” for ITV a couple of years ago. He has a dog called Wilf and is obsessed with Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand.

I wonder how his singing compares to Mikes & Peters, I think he should incorporate it into his next segment so we can find out :tongue:

Peter has worked as an actor, singer, stylist, cleaner, builders mate, photocopier repairman, makeup artist, kitchen designer, film extra, A&E receptionist, teacher and a pizza delivery boy.[/i]

Really?!!!

Yep according to the website, he's even got his own fan forum:

http://www.petersherlock.co.uk/#/home-page/4525804161

I don't think its used very often as theres such threads as "Sh#t Presenter" and "Your a God" lol.

I have to say he does look rather handsome in some of his gallery pictures.

Thanks for the link Mr M. I'm surprised he isn't looking for someone to manage the fan club, its really hopping isn't it:wink:?

I can't watch him for the criticisms already noted but my main gripe is how scruffy he looks when on air - I can't believe he is allowed to go on air the way he looks at time.

If it's not his untidy hair, it's his open neck unironed shirt and if it's not that, it's scruffy facial hair.

I can't watch him for the criticisms already noted but my main gripe is how scruffy he looks when on air - I can't believe he is allowed to go on air the way he looks at time.

If it's not his untidy hair, it's his open neck unironed shirt and if it's not that, it's scruffy facial hair.

He looks like he's been sleeping rough

Yes, I too have noticed Peter Sherlock (if this is the one you are talking about) increasingly looks like he has spent the night under a hedge. Another observation is, how can he be the 'perfume expert' he hints he is, when he has done all those other jobs? As I understand it, you can work in perfumery a lifetime and still not be an expert. It's one thing to read the blurb about the perfume and spout it verbatim but quite another to understand the perfumery procedure. However, it has to be said that he has many fans and many folk who hang on his every word so he shifts some stuff doesn't he? At the end of the day, he's doing what he's paid to do isn't he?

Last edited:
Yes, I too have noticed Peter Sherlock (if this is the one you are talking about) increasingly looks like he has spent the night under a hedge. Another observation is, how can he be the 'perfume expert' he hints he is, when he has done all those other jobs? As I understand it, you can work in perfumery a lifetime and still not be an expert. It's one thing to read the blurb about the perfume and spout it verbatim but quite another to understand the perfumery procedure. However, it has to be said that he has many fans and many folk who hang on his every word so he shifts some stuff doesn't he? At the end of the day, he's doing what he's paid to do isn't he?

While I don't doubt they have done work in other fields I strongly suspect there is plenty of 'over egging' where certain Presenters experience and expertise is concerned. Most notable could be:-

Peter Sherlock - Fragrances
Steve McDonald and Lisa Brash - Art
Golum - Electrics, Audio
Chris Birkett - Cooking

The only genuine expert in her field was possibly LOLA but sadly there's not much call for stripping on a Shopping Channel.

He looked a scruff today but he didn't know he was going on air apparently. I believe it by the state of him :giggle:

The Provence et Nature Ambre 100 & 50ml EDT for her he was selling was a real bargain at £3.89. On amazon, Bid sell it for £26.49

He's still making claims that I cannot readily see. This Provence stuff is going/is in a big store in Chipping Norton. All I can see are Beals and Harpers, neither of which I can find it in :confused:

Latest posts

Back