Calling Peter Sherlock

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He looked a scruff today but he didn't know he was going on air apparently. I believe it by the state of him :giggle:

The Provence et Nature Ambre 100 & 50ml EDT for her he was selling was a real bargain at £3.89. On amazon, Bid sell it for £26.49

He's still making claims that I cannot readily see. This Provence stuff is going/is in a big store in Chipping Norton. All I can see are Beals and Harpers, neither of which I can find it in :confused:

Is it a 'real' brand Momma, I don't know anything about it.

I know they have a website but so do Laurelle!

Is it a 'real' brand Momma, I don't know anything about it.

I know they have a website but so do Laurelle!

To me, if Cheapsmells haven't got it, then it's not a real brand lol

I can only see it on Amazon and Bid and the Provence website. He did say something like it was a new venture by a couple in France that were hoping to sell over here. Then he mentions it's going to Chipping Norton.

Is this the Debenhams/Jean Paul Dupont line all over again?

While I don't doubt they have done work in other fields I strongly suspect there is plenty of 'over egging' where certain Presenters experience and expertise is concerned. Most notable could be:-

Peter Sherlock - Fragrances
Steve McDonald and Lisa Brash - Art
Golum - Electrics, Audio
Chris Birkett - Cooking

The only genuine expert in her field was possibly LOLA but sadly there's not much call for stripping on a Shopping Channel.

Kilroy Waz 'Ere is not art Wirral

To me, if Cheapsmells haven't got it, then it's not a real brand lol

I can only see it on Amazon and Bid and the Provence website. He did say something like it was a new venture by a couple in France that were hoping to sell over here. Then he mentions it's going to Chipping Norton.

Is this the Debenhams/Jean Paul Dupont line all over again?

That's the problem where Sit Up are concerned, it's so hard to believe anything they say about a brand if it isn't well known. JPD (and the subequent ASA Ruling) is conclusive proof of that.

My hunch would be it's crap but that's just my opinion.

He looked a scruff today but he didn't know he was going on air apparently. I believe it by the state of him :giggle:

The Provence et Nature Ambre 100 & 50ml EDT for her he was selling was a real bargain at £3.89. On amazon, Bid sell it for £26.49

He's still making claims that I cannot readily see. This Provence stuff is going/is in a big store in Chipping Norton. All I can see are Beals and Harpers, neither of which I can find it in :confused:

It does annoy me that he goes on tv that scruffy. It is no excuse not knowing he was going on telly he should be showing up for any job shaved and looking smart even if it was an office not on tv.

PJ

It does annoy me that he goes on tv that scruffy. It is no excuse not knowing he was going on telly he should be showing up for any job shaved and looking smart even if it was an office not on tv.

PJ

You're right PJ. It's not the first time I've heard him say he didn't expect to be on air either. I really don't see why they had to have him there anyway.

You're right PJ. It's not the first time I've heard him say he didn't expect to be on air either. I really don't see why they had to have him there anyway.

We need James back to not only raise the tone but also the fashion stakes.

And general hygiene.

Oh indeed! I wonder when he's coming back?

Well Momma, Sally mentioned yesterday that her Friday shifts return to normal from next week so hopefully that means James will be back on Friday at 6.30pm.

And my goodness he is much needed. I think the male presentation has lacked gravitas and style since he has been away. I'm afraid Dirty Peter, Murky Mason and Rat Faced Ryes simply don't hold a candle to James.

I'd rather watch Bod than that trio of tripe :giggle:

Last edited:
Never thought I'd say it, but yes, I want James back too! :grin:

Indeed Pola. James adds a calmness and class to evenings that presenters like Mason and Simon could never hope to emulate.

I suppose it isn't really their fault and is much to do with their background and probable lack of social skills but it will be nice to have a few hours where screaming and vulgarity are not on display.

Thankfully I doubt we will be hearing Mr James joke about shutting up women with a sleeping aid anytime soon and i'm certain he won't say he likes to get something hot inside him.

Last edited:
OMG how bad must things be if people are begging for James Russell to return?

I know where you are coming from earwig. I too find him insincere, irritating and smug, BUT compared to some of the others he is a star! Peter Sherlock, for example, not only looks strange since his botox, but also very scruffy and unwashed, Mike Mason is like a nasty version of Delboy and Peter Simon is just plain awful. So Russell has risen to one of of the better presenters.

yes Hilary i can see what everyone is saying but im sure his natural horribleness (is that a word?) will soon re-reveal itself
and he will quickly sink to the bottom with all the rest of em..... just wait for his famous Tanzanite bull

Morning guys.

well it's off to see a personal shopper for me! Didn't realise quite how scruffy I looked so will endeavour to look better.

The shop in Chipping Norton is called, wonderfully, FrankieDoodle.

FrankieDoodle

Leave the mundane .......... the humdrum .......... the normal behind

Come and visit our wonderful emporium

.......... We sell nothing useful ..........

Everything is chosen for your adornment or amusement

FrankieDoodle

Leave the mundane .......... the humdrum .......... the normal behind

Come and visit our wonderful emporium

.......... We sell nothing useful ..........

Everything is chosen for your adornment or amusement

Frankie Doodle sounds like a heavily tattooed, 1960's East End gangster.

Latest posts

Back