Bid Plus is no more

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Interesting decision as I've seen people on here saying they could see at least some of the output on bid or price drop start using this format in the future to cut costs

http://www.bidplus.tv/Homepage.action

They seemed to try a few different ideas to shake things up but clearly it didn't work. The channel just seems to be showing US Teleshopping adverts now.

I don't think Sit Up has an inventory of products to spread over three channel anymore.

i really liked the format they tried

however it was probably expensive

worth a try but a wise decision to end it

I was expecting them to give it some sort of a theme, say a gardening or jewellery channel. But they still clearly have capacity on Sky and Virgin so I guess something new might pop up in time.

It's strange the ex Price Drop/Bid Presenter James Gardner reappeared on it a few weeks ago although I only ever saw him once. Does he still appear on the Jewellery Channel?

I can't say I'm surprised, as it seemed like a pretty pointless addition to the channels, and rarely had much stock on board,and it obviously cost money to run, so good desicion imo. I've noticed now that PD and BID now seem to be one and the same stock wise, although they're showing different things on the screen. Perhaps it's time for them to go down to one single channel and make their mind up how it's going to be run, at the moment it's a bit of a confusing mess!

I can't say I'm surprised, as it seemed like a pretty pointless addition to the channels, and rarely had much stock on board,and it obviously cost money to run, so good desicion imo. I've noticed now that PD and BID now seem to be one and the same stock wise, although they're showing different things on the screen. Perhaps it's time for them to go down to one single channel and make their mind up how it's going to be run, at the moment it's a bit of a confusing mess!

Indeed Merry. Let's be frank, even QVC with their absolutely enormous range of products only have three own branded channels. It's been blatantly obviously for a long time that Sit Up's range of on air products has decreased significantly, there's no way they could have spread them out over three channels indefinitely.

Hopefully they'll launch a new channel with something different. Maybe they'll use it for the many products on the Bid website that never appear on air?

Maybe use the defunct channel to launch bid HD. I am sure they have enough Vivitar HD camcorders knocking around which as we all know are better than the 40K Cannon broadcast cameras ;-)

PJ

Maybe use the defunct channel to launch bid HD. I am sure they have enough Vivitar HD camcorders knocking around which as we all know are better than the 40K Cannon broadcast cameras ;-)

PJ

And BingoBalls can set up 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound with his piece of paper too.

And BingoBalls can set up 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound with his piece of paper too.

I can imagine Peter Simon loving that too. "On our HD channel you can hear me from your rear speakers. Not the first time I have been heard coming from behind"

I can imagine Peter Simon loving that too. "On our HD channel you can hear me from your rear speakers. Not the first time I have been heard coming from behind"

Oh yes, I can hear it now.

Imagine Cazza Lyndsay in HD :eek:

Latest posts

Back