BIG savings club

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

bingowings

Registered Shopper
Considering the spot light which is shining on BID TV at the minute i am amazed they still run 'the big savings club' which is anything but!

im not one to knock BID without cause, but this really gets on my wick. its an absolute con !

For those who dont know, basically if you purchase an item from BID TV you will get a call from the big savings club offering you amazing 'free' discounts on your favourite brands and at your favourite shops. they offer you a free 21 day trial and make it sound amazing. what they dont tell you is that after 21 days if you dont cancel the plan, you DO get charged! and charged £50 for the year!

the salespeople are clearly working from a script and are really well versed to duck and swerve questions and try to get you to take the free trial. they baffle you with promises and skate over the fact its only free for 21 days. no matter how many times i tell them i dont want it and to remove me from their system they still keep calling every couple of weeks.

i cant believe BID would allow such a stupid and commercially short sighted promotion. i would imagine most people who accept the offer will never shop at bid again and will happily tell others to do the same. in essence what bid are doing is selling their customer base for £50 each! not only that, but with the looming OFCOM judgement i would imagine any journalist worth their salt will buy something from BID TV to experience what the fuss is about. inevitably they will then get a call from the BIG SAVINGS CLUB and their article is written for them!

if you are reading this BID TV please sort this out. as much as i defend the channel i find this indefensible!

Considering the spot light which is shining on BID TV at the minute i am amazed they still run 'the big savings club' which is anything but!

im not one to knock BID without cause, but this really gets on my wick. its an absolute con !

For those who dont know, basically if you purchase an item from BID TV you will get a call from the big savings club offering you amazing 'free' discounts on your favourite brands and at your favourite shops. they offer you a free 21 day trial and make it sound amazing. what they dont tell you is that after 21 days if you dont cancel the plan, you DO get charged! and charged £50 for the year!

the salespeople are clearly working from a script and are really well versed to duck and swerve questions and try to get you to take the free trial. they baffle you with promises and skate over the fact its only free for 21 days. no matter how many times i tell them i dont want it and to remove me from their system they still keep calling every couple of weeks.

i cant believe BID would allow such a stupid and commercially short sighted promotion. i would imagine most people who accept the offer will never shop at bid again and will happily tell others to do the same. in essence what bid are doing is selling their customer base for £50 each! not only that, but with the looming OFCOM judgement i would imagine any journalist worth their salt will buy something from BID TV to experience what the fuss is about. inevitably they will then get a call from the BIG SAVINGS CLUB and their article is written for them!

if you are reading this BID TV please sort this out. as much as i defend the channel i find this indefensible!

Your beloved BID has been happily providing customer details to that dreadful company for years Bingo, I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for them to stop bothering you!

Sit-Up and Big Savings Club are a match made in heaven.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=581318&page=1

All of which begs the question-Why do you continue to defend an organisation that is obviously a cynical money making hard nosed business which targets the elderly and the vulnerable?

All of which begs the question-Why do you continue to defend an organisation that is obviously a cynical money making hard nosed business which targets the elderly and the vulnerable?

i defend them when i believe they are wrongly accused or the victims of sensationalism. are 'the big savings club' and 'bid tv' two separate companies then?

i defend them when i believe they are wrongly accused or the victims of sensationalism. are 'the big savings club' and 'bid tv' two separate companies then?

I suggest you do some research, there's plenty of (not at all surprising) information out there regarding this matter.

PLENTY!

I suggest you do some research, there's plenty of (not at all surprising) information out there regarding this matter.

PLENTY!

I do recall someone saying they had declined to join the BSC and were charged for a yearly membership anyway! :drunk:

So it's half the price it used to be?.......what a bargain :wink:

This has been discussed many times and in fairness it's worth noting that the company that runs 'Big Savings Club' (Rocket Marketing Group) also run Ideal World's 'Extras' club although I don't know if it's quite as aggressive in it's marketing as BSC.

However, guess where the Managing Director of Rocket Marketing Group used to work? I doubt I need to say!

http://www.rocketmarketinggroup.com/staff/

This has been discussed many times and in fairness it's worth noting that the company that runs 'Big Savings Club' (Rocket Marketing Group) also run Ideal World's 'Extras' club although I don't know if it's quite as aggressive in it's marketing as BSC.

However, guess where the Managing Director of Rocket Marketing Group used to work? I doubt I need to say!

http://www.rocketmarketinggroup.com/staff/

well well well, it appears their plane is running out of juice too and going down fast... (financially)

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/04294400/ROCKET-UK-LIMITED/financial-accounts#financials

There seems to be a lot of these savings clubs springing up over the last year, I've been offered four different ones.... they got my details from various sources such as shopping channel purchasing & credit card issuers. I did actually accept one for the 30 day trial and they sent out the booklet with various vouchers which were imo next to useless as you could already get better by shopping around or using schemes like groupon.
The thing that annoys me most is when they imply they belong to the company they got your details from... such as the shopping channel or credit card issuer when in fact they don't usually..... something a lot of people only find out when they phone up & try and cancel.
In the end I got so fed up with them phoning up I registered with TPS and that stoped them.

I've been phoned up about three or four times, and it always begins with " Hi, I'm calling from Bid tv, and this is just a courtesy call, were you happy with "Pluck a random order out of the air that you made" (not necessarsily the last one) - You say yes, or whatever, then they ask a few more questions about this product...then they tell you as you're such a good customer and as a special reward for that and helping them with their survery, they'll offer you this fantastic free offer...ie the Big savings club. I'd heard of it before so I immediately said no thanks, but the girl started get a bit shirty and said aren't you interested in saving money then? I said no I'm not GOODBYE!!!!

Latest posts

Back