random thoughts or observations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mr tom

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone

there doesn't seem to be a place to put those thoughts that don't quite need a thread of their own... but don't fit in with the current threads so hopefully they can be put in here.

I think Kathy Tayler is fantastic at her job and more so as a q personality

I bet she sells plenty of stock too Mr Tom. She doesn't do the pushy hard sell but I'm often drawn into listening to what Kathy's saying about an item, whereas others make me zone out because they say the same twaddle for everything!

I bet she sells plenty of stock too Mr Tom. She doesn't do the pushy hard sell but I'm often drawn into listening to what Kathy's saying about an item, whereas others make me zone out because they say the same twaddle for everything!

I don't think she is a particularly "polished" presenter, she stutters and pauses to think of what to say... but it just makes me feel she isn't automatically inclined to speak 100% bullshit.

But comes across as nice enough.

I think she comes across as being very genuine and the fact she does stutter sometimes just makes her look all the more off the cuff with her chat and not rehearsed coming out with the same old same old all the time like a lot of the others.

She's one of my favourite presenters..in her early days it used to get on my nerves a bit when she seemed unprofessional and got things wrong, but she's improved and while she's still not 100% "polished", I like that, and I like her, she does seem a very natural and likeable person.

Kathy is one of my favourites. I love it when she comes out with some rubbish and then laughs at herself. Yes, we're all like that. I can relate to her as none of us are perfect. She's pretty too and very normal. My other favourite is Jilly - she's got a similar style to Kathy. I hate the big sales pitch (JF), I'm much more likely to buy when someone is saying "you might like, might not, try it and if you don't like it send it back". I do send things back but not much that I've bought from these two ladies to be honest.

I remember her from her athletics career. As a presenter I am not, however, inclined to watch her shows. Unless I really wanted to see the hour / item, I would switch over.

My objective opinion is that jackie kabler is the best presenter as its just pure facts, no nonsense. you can tell she was a newsreader.

Also... i like the yankee candle guy. i'm a hetrosexual but id keep him if i could.

Also... i like the yankee candle guy. i'm a hetrosexual but id keep him if i could.

OMG I cannot STAND that guy. I want to slap him really hard and shave his head! Just find him really false and his appearance so contrived - so obviously trying to look sensitive, arty farty and "different" from the rest of us when he's actually a pretentious, talentless, shallow wannabee.

OK, I feel better now. (Did I mention I don't like him?)

I'm not really a fan of Kathy tbh. I do like her lack of hard sell and I'm sure she's a nice lady, but I can't bear her stuttering and tripping over her words all the time, I find it so irritating. I don't like her voice either, I find myself getting really wound up by listening to her, so I usually switch off if she's on.

OMG I cannot STAND that guy. I want to slap him really hard and shave his head! Just find him really false and his appearance so contrived - so obviously trying to look sensitive, arty farty and "different" from the rest of us when he's actually a pretentious, talentless, shallow wannabee.

i get the impression he is not on your xmas card list?

I guess his silky hair mesmorises me haha

I'm not really a fan of Kathy tbh. I do like her lack of hard sell and I'm sure she's a nice lady, but I can't bear her stuttering and tripping over her words all the time, I find it so irritating. I don't like her voice either, I find myself getting really wound up by listening to her, so I usually switch off if she's on.

I can see why you would feel that way. I wasnt impressed at first because it seemed like amatuer hour but i do think she makes it work for herself

with the exception of her roll in the advert... waking up to order a tsv in the next room lol yeah i bet

I like Kathy and I think she does the fashion stuff well...mostly. makes a change from Julia roberts

I get so frustrated listening to her, she stutters, hesitates and doesn't get to the point then starts making a different point. She does seem like a nice person and I want to like her so it's a shame that her presenting style makes her hard to watch.

.......... I want to like her so it's a shame that her presenting style makes her hard to watch.

I don't find Kathy hard to watch at all, I'd choose to watch Kathy over any of the other presenters on Q. I love her "normalness" and "ordinaryness", and having watched her since she was competing all those years ago, it's like having a conversation with an old friend. That's what I want to watch, I don't want to be preached at by some clothes-horse or talked at by some one-shouldered, self-obsessed airhead. I feel comfortable when I watch Kathy.

I don't find Kathy hard to watch at all, I'd choose to watch Kathy over any of the other presenters on Q. I love her "normalness" and "ordinaryness", and having watched her since she was competing all those years ago, it's like having a conversation with an old friend. That's what I want to watch, I don't want to be preached at by some clothes-horse or talked at by some one-shouldered, self-obsessed airhead. I feel comfortable when I watch Kathy.
I agree she does come over as normal and that's why I want to like her, but the stumbling over her words and failure to get to the point are very frustrating and that's why I find her hard to watch.

Awww, he's OK, so different from the effervescent Rosa. I do think he'd look much more handsome if he cut his hair a bit. Did anyone see when he was on with Dale and there was a bit of an ooer missus moment with candles going up a snowman,s bottom :giggle: It was a tad risqué.

CC

Latest posts

Back