All new price drop

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We are being watched again

Just took a glance through another forum I previously named called www.shoppingtelly.com with some amusing comments. Members on that forum have even been busy reading and quoting some of the posts on here, mainly mine it seems!

The geordie presenter with short blond hair, her name is apparently Lisa Brash, has this afternoon been posting defensive posts on that other thread about her job. Defending herself I noticed, but not the channel itself. The other evening at around the midnight hour I flicked Price Drop on for further pitiful amusement to see this presenter laying on a bedspread stroking it suggestively as if she was putting in an audition for Babestation. She then had the cameraman pan down to her shoeless foot and proclaimed that it was a shot for the foot fetishists!

I'm pleased she sounds like she's enjoying herself. But isn't this meant to be a serious business respecting it's potential customers. She's far from the worst but all the presenters might as well be on screen with one hand giving a 2 fingered gesture to whoever is watching, and I don't mean the V for Victory gesture either.

I'm glad your finding some of the posts on here funny though

I asked Lisa to give us a sign earlier, Good job she didn't come on here during her shift really isn't it, I'll settle for a shout out next time your on Lisa something on the lines of thanks for your message Megadrop my lovely but if you could have a word with Peter and see if he's free 1 afternoon that would be great :)

Sadly I missed Lisa's foot show, I'm sure her plates of meat are in better nick than those of Gollum's missus.

Nobody wants to see fungus hooves on telly.

Ahh, poor little Gollum.

I do try and like him, honestly I do as i'm sure you do too.

But it's impossible :mysmilie_59:

I know these channels have a car-crash element to them but The Gollum Show's nowadays more like a one-sided Jeremy Kyle Show, namely unwatchable because it's turning into a perverse form of mental cruelty in the form of patronising explanations. (Don't answer that, Mike/friends of Mike; it's only a personal opinion!)

I know these channels have a car-crash element to them but The Gollum Show's nowadays more like a one-sided Jeremy Kyle Show, namely unwatchable because it's turning into a perverse form of mental cruelty in the form of patronising explanations. (Don't answer that, Mike/friends of Mike; it's only a personal opinion!)

I guess Gollum was fine for the circus that was Bid but I find it inexplicable he was kept on for Shop at Bid.

I cannot think of one single attribute that makes him suitable for a general shopping channel. He's not likeable (although I accept that's subjective), he's definitely not easy on the eye, he most certainly isn't eloquent and his constant use of the same terminology, over and over, makes him rather tedious. Peter Simon can get away with it as it's his trademark and it can be funny but not an also ran like Gollum.

Quizcall yes, Bid yes but a general selly telly station? I don't think so, I think he's far better suited to Price Drop, or Electrical work.

I guess Gollum was fine for the circus that was Bid but I find it inexplicable he was kept on for Shop at Bid.

They seemed to ignore reputational damage when choosing Shop at Bid presenters, although I can see why they kept Peter Simon (he's a name that some casual viewers remember and he can be good when he really puts his mind to it). And the Shop at Bid launch may have been watched by only 5 people but that was spectacularly botched to say the least.

Ironically if you think about it, Shop at Bid should really have Price Drop's presenters and vice versa, though Paul Evers is now (to me personally) deeply annoying and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a camera. I would love to see Gollum on Price Drop before it closes, just for a laugh. A good laugh as dragon-tatted wideboy gets worked to a frazzle trying to flog magnetic poundshop garbage before "Waah waah waah wah" happens :mysmilie_14:

Good to see Jenny Topp demonstrating her credentials as a competent TV presenter, she's selling some pan lids. Among other words of wisdom.........

'So I turned on the gas..... Well actually it isn't a gas cooker it's electric'

'They do fit every single sized pot..... Well, not every single sized pot, 3 sized pots'

I accept that presenting unscripted live TV cannot be an easy job. Jenny Topp has conclusively proved that.

They seemed to ignore reputational damage when choosing Shop at Bid presenters, although I can see why they kept Peter Simon (he's a name that some casual viewers remember and he can be good when he really puts his mind to it). And the Shop at Bid launch may have been watched by only 5 people but that was spectacularly botched to say the least.

Ironically if you think about it, Shop at Bid should really have Price Drop's presenters and vice versa, though Paul Evers is now (to me personally) deeply annoying and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a camera. I would love to see Gollum on Price Drop before it closes, just for a laugh. A good laugh as dragon-tatted wideboy gets worked to a frazzle trying to flog magnetic poundshop garbage before "Waah waah waah wah" happens :mysmilie_14:

Paul Evers is very poor, in fact abhorrent. His distinct lack of talent isn't even compensated for by his enthusiasm. Let's be clear here, I don't expect any Price Drop presenters to come on and perform Othello but surely we're worth more than a grown man with a tea cosy on his head whooping 'hey, hey, hey'.

It's kind of ****.

I think I need to offer Paul Evers an apology. Previously I've said he's lazy and that his lame tomfoolery just demonstrates how low an opinion they have of their customers. However, it has finally dawned on me that the whooping, screaming, jumping around and wearing a tea cosy is actually all he's capable of. He really is a one trick pony, a very poor man's Michael Barrymore.

So I apologise to him, sincerely.

Dear gawd I used to think Paul Evers was funny, now I think he should be in a funny farm not on my telly...lol

Dear gawd I used to think Paul Evers was funny, now I think he should be in a funny farm not on my telly...lol

According to his Linkedin profile Evers is:-

"Energetic, quick witted Host and a vital ingrediant for any event. Many years experience of 'glueing' together a show and known for being able to make a'mountain outta a molehill' to add sparkle to an event"

"Specialties Host, Compere, Master of Ceromonies,Vocals, Tailored comedy, Auctions, Promotions"

I might add that I copied and pasted the text so it appears exactly as it does on his profile therefore I take no responsibility for the glaring errors.

What a tool :mysmilie_59:

This is kind of Price Drop related.

Schlock is selling a Steam Mop on Bid TV. He said that his Steam Mop, that he bought from the channels, requires purified water but that the one he's selling now dosen't. Sounds great eh?

Funnily enough he was selling the Steam Mop he supposedly owns on Price Drop just the other day and I could be wrong but I don't recall him making any real kind of song and dance about that, it was the best thing since sliced bread as far as he was concerned.

I'm not sure what Steve is thinking with the scruffy unshaven look but he reminds me of one of the dodgy Anthill Mob from Whacky Races.

In fact one of them is called Mac :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

I'm watching scruffy unshaven tramp-looking Steve Macdonald, and have been for the previous hour. He endlessly promo-ed the Rush Hour feature before it started at 5.30, telling us over and over that "everybody is really looking forward to it" apparently. He wasn't selling much of his low-quantity auctions previously, just what has become the usual level of bidders.

So the rush hour starts, and he's got his much previewed bird bath. Once the phone lines are unlocked, they are suddenly on fire, buyers streaming in apparently, but no quantity on the screen. After a few minutes, a quantity of 20 remaining appears, and the flow of buyers just disappears, mysteriously. Over a few more minutes, the price continues to fall and eventually they do all appear to sell out - Winner.

Next item is a ceramic bird feeder. Phone lines open, buyers are apparently flooding in, names scrolling along the bottom of the screen, no quantity shown. After a while a quantity of 21 appears, which slowly falls to 16 while the price also falls, then the graphics disappear - Better luck next time.

Next item is a solar powered butterflies ornament. Buyers streaming in, names along the bottom of the screen, quantity sold showing 23, flips to 17 remaining. Quantity crawls downwards until - Price £8.99, 7 left. Numbers flip round to question marks for ages, heartbeat sound, eventually graphics fly around to signify the end of the auction, price £8.97. Winner!

It has taken him a full half hour to do three products.

Next item is a pseudo lamp post style planter, improbably priced at £80. Price falls to £49.98. Quantity of 15, falls to 11, names appear. Siren sounds, price slumps massively to £48.50. Price trickles to £48.17, quantity 9, then they turn into question marks. After what seems like an eternity, the new price is £48.17, quantity 5. Price trickles penny by penny to £46.17, quantity 3, then back to question marks. New price is £46.14, 2 left. "I have one new buyer on the phone lines" says Steve, then the quantity changes to 1 then 0, and - Winner!

Next item Walther Glas vase, starting price £24. New price £12.95, lines open, apparently about 15 people on the phone, 20 people now. Quantity sold appears, rapidly rises to 17 sold, then changes to show 12 left. This trickles to 6 left then question marks, new price is £11.95, 5 left, which sell one by one, then - Winner.

Final rush hour item is the supersize grape coloured faux fur throw, start price £27. Falls to £13.50, lines open, double figures on the phone lines, "we've got about 20, 30 people". Quantity sold appears, 10, then 11, "I've got buyers there on the phone lines", siren sounds, question marks appear, new price is £12.95, quantity sold 15. Trickles to 22 sold then flips to 8 left. Price slowly trickles to £12.21, 4 left, then question marks. New price £11.98, 2 left, which sell then - Winner.

Not sure what that shows exactly. I think it is odd that people were rushing to buy at first at the slightly higher price, then the buyers dried up once the numbers appeared on the screen. Also sick of Steve telling us this is a brilliant brilliant bargain. Apparently he couldn't believe the prices - neither could I, but for an entirely different reason. Also angry with him for only mentioning the postage a couple of times, ie. "including the postage you're getting this for less than 20 pounds" and saying the postage for the metal lamp post and planter wasn't bad at all due to its weight and size. He doesn't refer to it when he's selling a ring with £7.99 postage.

I used to like Steve, I'm married to a scouser and have a soft spot for them, but he's totally lost and repelled me now, similar to how Paul Evers has. So sad that all these years of fun on these channels is coming to this unpleasant end, leaving a very bad and sad taste in my mouth.

Steve looks like he can't be arsed and that's perfectly understandable.

It must be soul destroying trying to shift the same old tatt, shift after shift, and play along with the ludicrous notion that it's fun. As much as I find the antics of Paul Evers grating it seems the Price Drop presenters are getting a rough deal compared to the goons on Bid, they have to work a lot harder for their corn.

It's a sorry sight though, it's like the Eldorado of shopping channels.

You know what, Wirral, I agree. Steve just cannot be arsed. On days when I can't be arsed, I don't put clean, ironed clothes on, don't brush my hair or teeth, I get that totally. I just don't do it on live telly, that's the difference.

I noticed that after Steve left for the day and Andrea took over, the bidders mostly ebbed away and she's back to the normal low levels of sales again. Andrea has just mentioned that she only has this shift and two more to do, then she's leaving to do another unspecified job. I can't say I blame her, can't be much fun.

Wirral.... what the hell are you doing!!!

turning people against all my heroes*

i'll remember this!

*heroes being paul evers, steve McDonald and mr sherlock

*all seriousness*

it does come across that sally, mike, peter simon etc are on bid, doing their usual shite (sally actually stopped the music about 20mins ago... it's a shame she didn't before she joimned bucks fizz.) whereas evers, brash, macdonald etc are having to be more creative and put over these horse sh*t games and policies. The pressure must be immense.

I think the best one was the other afternoon when Lisa was trying to whip up enthusiasm by saying that 'PD is even more exciting now, there's more jeopardy, more products, better quality and the added bonus that we've turned it into a game show to make things even spicier' (I paraphrase to the best of my memory but that was the gist)
I'm still trying to work out........that's better how??!!
For balance though, I do think that the PD presenters are under some hefty new pressures.

Latest posts

Back