Random musings/no argument zone

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi Peter, appreciate you taking time to come into what must be like a live firing range for presenters. Now Bid is over do you now agree that (not necessarily you) that some of the practices (whether it was presenter lead, management led or producers) were shoddy at best and at worst ripping people off. Is there anything you are sorry for? When I have gone to far here I always try to say sorry so I will start, Mike, James and yourself Peter I am sorry for any offence. PJ

They aren't airing any more general products shows like the one Lisa did, not for now anyway. All they are broadcasting is gardening slots with Peter McDermott.

They said it will relaunch in due course with a revised format and new presenters. And with that in mind i'm campaigning for the return of BOD.

But I rather suspect we'll end up with SCHLOCKO. Apparently he's off to do a show on French TV soon, he said he might even speak in French. That shouldn't be too difficult for an ex-French School Teacher

I did. And it was great fun. And it's a weekly gig. Then add Italian TV and German TV to the mix and Shocked Face can look shocked in a pan-European manner. For the comments about "why aren't I in Harrods" - I did that in my twenties and now am self-employed and LOVING it. My fragrances were designed for the BID viewer - that market has gone now and I'm enjoying new challenges hugely. I hope you guys are all well.

Love schlock the shock-faced one

I'm sure your fragrances were designed for the BID viewer. The rumours that they smelt like The Dowager Lady Southwold's Knicker Drawer from Upstairs, Downstairs are, in my opinion, scurrilous :mysmilie_19:

But that German channel should be a breeze for you. They too sell exactly the same Poundland Argan Oil 'luxury' products that you and Herro used to gush over on Bid :mysmilie_59:

Seriously though it's good to see that you've got work, abroad :mysmilie_59: (i'm just jesting of course).

http://www.1-2-3.tv/suche/?q=argan

They aren't airing any more general products shows like the one Lisa did, not for now anyway. All they are broadcasting is gardening slots with Peter McDermott.

They said it will relaunch in due course with a revised format and new presenters. And with that in mind i'm campaigning for the return of BOD.

But I rather suspect we'll end up with SCHLOCKO. Apparently he's off to do a show on French TV soon, he said he might even speak in French. That shouldn't be too difficult for an ex-French School Teacher

I did. And it was great fun. And it's a weekly gig. Then add Italian TV and German TV to the mix and Shocked Face can look shocked in a pan-European manner. For the comments about "why aren't I in Harrods" - I did that in my twenties and now am self-employed and LOVING it. My fragrances were designed for the BID viewer - that market has gone now and I'm enjoying new challenges hugely. I hope you guys are all well.

Love schlock the shock-faced one

good luck with whatever you do in the future sir.

Mr Sherlock - May I suggest a career change for you? How about following one of Birkenhead and Wirral's finest sons https://twitter.com/ianwalker1991
and becoming a complainer! Would make a change from being complained against!

Poacher turned Game Keeper

Last edited:
I sense that ideal world's owners may have felt it easier to dissolve bid and merely incorporate it's business model into their own company as it may be easier than trying to trade with that damaged name.

I sense that ideal world's owners may have felt it easier to dissolve bid and merely incorporate it's business model into their own company as it may be easier than trying to trade with that damaged name.

They do seem to slowly but surely getting more ex bidsters on their books! You may be right Mr T. Well spotted.

Hi all Ex Bidsters,
i had to share this with you all. Just come home from having the car MOT and service and having a few hours to spare, I wandered down my local high street, which I don't often do, and went into one of those cheep and cheerful shops that seem to sell everything - with me this far?
Imagine this - all the TAT brands that Bid used to sell was there for all to see in the distinctive boxes - popcorn maker, pop tarts, pie makers, multi cookers, chocolate fountains, steamers, and all that Teretek rubbish etc etc (All a lot cheaper than Bid I may add) - I thought I must be in the Bid warehouse. Anyhoo - I hope everyone is well and not missing car crash tv to much - but IW seems to be nosediving nicely in the same direction. Ohh and by the way the car passed the MOT. Yaaaay

Hi all Ex Bidsters,
i had to share this with you all. Just come home from having the car MOT and service and having a few hours to spare, I wandered down my local high street, which I don't often do, and went into one of those cheep and cheerful shops that seem to sell everything - with me this far?
Imagine this - all the TAT brands that Bid used to sell was there for all to see in the distinctive boxes - popcorn maker, pop tarts, pie makers, multi cookers, chocolate fountains, steamers, and all that Teretek rubbish etc etc (All a lot cheaper than Bid I may add) - I thought I must be in the Bid warehouse. Anyhoo - I hope everyone is well and not missing car crash tv to much - but IW seems to be nosediving nicely in the same direction. Ohh and by the way the car passed the MOT. Yaaaay

Hi Dave, glad to hear your car passed its MOT! I was only thinking of Bid Tv today, I was in Beauty Base in Westfield today and saw some bottles of Laurelle! Made me quite nostalgic for Bid... Hope all you forumites are well.

Hi Dave, glad to hear your car passed its MOT! I was only thinking of Bid Tv today, I was in Beauty Base in Westfield today and saw some bottles of Laurelle! Made me quite nostalgic for Bid... Hope all you forumites are well.

Hi Muttley, I Forgot to mention in my previous post - there were also lots of those Yarvic thingy's in a glass cabinet - A glass cabinet no less.
Hope you are well, I do miss the banter, somehow there is nothing quite like it is there?

Hi Muttley, I Forgot to mention in my previous post - there were also lots of those Yarvic thingy's in a glass cabinet - A glass cabinet no less.
Hope you are well, I do miss the banter, somehow there is nothing quite like it is there?

Hi Dave, I am indeed well and feeling rather nostalgic with all the crap, sorry I meant to say high quality items you mentioned! Yarvik tablets must be good cos they were in a glass cabinet! Actually I had a senior moment yesterday (even though I am only 47) - I could not remember the name of the handbags they used to sell, the fabulous Rosa Benini! It did finally come to my addled brain later, how could I possibly forget them. Peter Simon said they were luxurious and he wouldn't lie would he?

PS had to add that I miss the silliness of the banter we used to have. The world is a serious place and we all need to have a laugh.

Hi Dave, I am indeed well and feeling rather nostalgic with all the crap, sorry I meant to say high quality items you mentioned! Yarvik tablets must be good cos they were in a glass cabinet! Actually I had a senior moment yesterday (even though I am only 47) - I could not remember the name of the handbags they used to sell, the fabulous Rosa Benini! It did finally come to my addled brain later, how could I possibly forget them. Peter Simon said they were luxurious and he wouldn't lie would he?

He may fart on live TV, blow snot bubbles, fall over, but lie - nnnneeeeeeeever. Talking of the old geezer, any news on Peter?

He may fart on live TV, blow snot bubbles, fall over, but lie - nnnneeeeeeeever. Talking of the old geezer, any news on Peter?

I haven't seen him since he left Gems rather quickly... I genuinely can't imagine another shopping channel taking him on now. I thought he was dreadful on Gems (not that I watched him that often). I could see someone like Caroline Lindsay working there but not him. It will be interesting to see if he does show up anywhere.

I miss all the banter too! It really made me laugh out loud at times!! Didn't know Peter Simon had left Gems! I never watched Gems TV....in fact, I'm not watching shopping telly very much at all now! I just pop in occasionally to see what everyone's saying! Hope everyone's well!

I miss all the banter too! It really made me laugh out loud at times!! Didn't know Peter Simon had left Gems! I never watched Gems TV....in fact, I'm not watching shopping telly very much at all now! I just pop in occasionally to see what everyone's saying! Hope everyone's well!

I guess we are all still about - lurking! The chuckles are still here but not in such quality or quantity - Anyhoo - Nice to keep Mr T's thread going. A bit of a skirmish on the AD, and Pippa threads with an intervention of the "Soooooper Moderator" re personal remarks. Never used to get personal between members here, and in my view, everyone is entitled to their opinion, but forums are there to be used. Some people get upset. I can understand the frustration of some forum contributors defending their personal favourite presenters. There has been some great laughs on this thread, hope there will be many more! Long may it continue.

Latest posts

Back