Does anyone still watch rocks and co ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Adam82

Registered Shopper
Does anyone still watch rocks and co tv ? I turned it off ages ago, load of boring screaming nobody's and poor quantity too 1 piece of jewellery and it's the sample no other channel does this. Hopefully the channel end up like Bidtv extinct.

Ha! You must be joking. Most of us stopped watching when they switched from falling auctions. I had a few nice things from them, back in the day.

Only when John Scott is on which is not very often.Hes funny and gossipy which is the only reason ,I don't watch for the jewellery.

Only when John Scott is on which is not very often.Hes funny and gossipy which is the only reason ,I don't watch for the jewellery.
I am the same as you Turandot, if John Scott isn't on, I switch off. He is the only good thing on this channel IMHO.

Rocks have had so many changes of presenter, format, studio background (current one resembles a public loo) - all a bad sign, methinks. I finished with them when I returned a piece of jewellery where the gemstone was clearly chipped and scratched (Quality Control?) and they took over a month (nearly 2) to refund my money. Bad sign - cash flow problems? I told them what I thought of them in no uncertain terms and told them I would never purchase from them again - they still kept sending me advertising e-mails until I wrote a strong e mail and told them to take my name off their mailing list, as I would never order from them. They then wrote to me, giving a £25 credit!! And the credit is still sitting on my account, because I refuse to buy from them. I think they are a shambles, very amateur and low-division, and treat customers with contempt. They used to have some interesting gem-hunters making guest appearances (Gavin Lindsell and the Diniz brothers, for example, who were very informative and good to listen to) but these guys seem to no longer have any connection to Rocks - it's Debby Cavill ....and Debby Cavill (also her son & daughter are involved, quelle surprise!!). Flicking around the other day, I did catch a male guest talking about the sourcing of gems, and he had all the charisma of a toilet brush.

To be honest, I cannot understand how John Scott stays with them - I flick around the channels but cannot stay even to laugh at the Rocks presenters - the programmes are so boring, no presenter exhibits much in the way of in-depth knowledge about the gem sources/gem history (although I notice John Scott has "AJP GIA" after his name on screen)! They seem to have a poor track record of dealing with customer complaints and how the heck did Hannah Clemmow (ex-Gems) end up there? Alan Miller (ex-Gems) was a presenter at Rocks til about 1 year or so ago - and Mark Rigby had been with them for quite some time as a presenter and he disappeared, too. I'd love to know if Hannah Clemmow jumped or was she pushed from Gems? I always thought her presenting style was very didactic, quite aggressive when she was on Gems, rather snooty. Rocks seem to only have the shouty (usually blonde) females, who babble a lot at high decibel levels in cheese-grater voices (yes, Vicky, that could mean you!) and whose knowledge seems woefully inadequate about what they are actually selling. The day that Vicky told us she also worked as a singer, I laughed until I cried.
Does anyone still watch rocks and co tv ? I turned it off ages ago, load of boring screaming nobody's and poor quantity too 1 piece of jewellery and it's the sample no other channel does this. Hopefully the channel end up like Bidtv extinct.

Well said History Mystery,
I have stopped for a few years now. Even John has changed his attitude. All the presenters appear to be desperate for sales and Cherri is the biggest turn off ever. She should never ever be on the screen trying to sell.
The so called experts are no where near as good as the Diniz Brothers and simply lack the knowledge and experience. Keran if my memory serves me right was just a camera man. The amount of returns that they try to sell midweek is unreal. How can you make a ring size M3/4. This shows bad quality control.
Rant over.

Can someone tell me if Vicki Gordon is on helium? I was watching the other day and her voice went off the scale - it was quite remarkable and not to mention terrifying. What a ghastly woman. On another occasion I was watching Hannah (no idea of surname) and was almost sent into a stupor by her boring, know-it-all style of presentation. What's happened to Alex (can't remember her surname either) and will Jerrilee be back on air? By the way, I know you're all thinking what a sad old bag but my excuse is that I am recovering from pneumonia and spend quite a lot of my time channel hopping. It seems to be either the shopping channels or Food Network as my ability to concentrate is rather diminished just now.

countrymaid, sorry to hear you've been so unwell - wishing you much better soonest. Vicky Gordon is dire - I wonder if she's related to someone at Rocks or knows something, because for a presenter her voice is dreadful - and she (apparently) doubles in her 'other life' as a singer!!! She never loses an opportunity to tell you so, either. All I can say is they must use her to clear the concert hall at the end of the evening, she's got a voice like a squeaky door with a decibel level off the scale. Awful woman, and never displays any real knowledge of what she's flogging (like most of them on this channel).

I flick over to Rocks occasionally, but only to see what they are flogging, after bad experience with them I'd never buy from them again, even though they tried to entice me back with 'gift' of a £25 credit. Overpriced tat, IMHO, having seen it for myself. Quite how Hannah Clemmow (formerly long-serving presenter at Gems TV) ended up at Rocks - well! Who knows whether it was jump before pushed? Rocks presenters 'disappear' at the rate of knots - Alan J. Miller (formerly Gems presenter also) disappeared over a year ago, and Mark Rigby, who'd been at Rocks in one role or another for quite a while, also disappeared. Becky Blease seems to have gone the same way. The shouty blondes remain - and of course the boss, Debby Cavill's daughter remains!!! The last I heard about Jerrylee was that she'd gone on maternity leave (I couldn't stand her shouty, dictatorial attitude, either, which alternated with silly giggling and unfunny comments).

I laughed at your description of Hannah - you've got her to a T - boring monotone, dictatorial, talks to the viewer as though they are primary kids. She was just like that on Gems, which I watch quite a bit, so I was pleased when she left. How long she will survive at Rocks is another matter! John Scott seems to be hanging in there as the only male presenter.

QUOTE=countrymaid;797048]Can someone tell me if Vicki Gordon is on helium? I was watching the other day and her voice went off the scale - it was quite remarkable and not to mention terrifying. What a ghastly woman. On another occasion I was watching Hannah (no idea of surname) and was almost sent into a stupor by her boring, know-it-all style of presentation. What's happened to Alex (can't remember her surname either) and will Jerrilee be back on air? By the way, I know you're all thinking what a sad old bag but my excuse is that I am recovering from pneumonia and spend quite a lot of my time channel hopping. It seems to be either the shopping channels or Food Network as my ability to concentrate is rather diminished just now.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your kind wishes historymystery. More than anything, I'm bored sitting around.
I think all the presenters are awful. There seems to have been many changes. Although I didn't particularly warm to the Diniz brothers, I find Don Kogan positively frightening. He's like some big bully, shouting his instructions to buy, buy, buy. Debbie Cavill referring to her daughter as "Pie" is ridiculous. What is she, six? Grow up the pair of you. One thing that made me switch off instantly was watching the dreadful Vicki sneeze into her hand whilst wearing a ring. She then announced that this was the actual ring you would receive! Oh no. I don't think so love. Gross!

Last edited:
countrymaid, Loved your post! The way you described Vicki sneezing into her hand while wearing the actual ring being sent to the customer was priceless (unlike the ring, which was devalued considerably!!), and was typical of her crass behaviour at times - she just doesn't think about what she's doing or saying. Your description of Debbie calling her daughter by a nickname as though she was 6 also made me laugh - I've seen them on together, and if patronising the public was an Olympic sport they could represent the UK. You have summed it up so well - and like you I find Don Kogen's "act" like something from 'The Godfather' (Don Corleone?). Quick, check your bed for a horse's head if you didn't buy, buy, buy something! I personally thought the Diniz brothers were quite good when they appeared in their role as gem-hunters, and extremely knowledgeable, talking about their travels to gem-fields, etc. I found all of this quite interesting, and it made a nice change from listening to the nails down a blackboard effect of Vicki's voice or the witterings and screechings of "the blondes". Hope you won't have to sit around much longer and will get well very quickly now. All the best to you - and thanks again for giving me a good laugh.

Thank you for your kind wishes historymystery. More than anything, I'm bored sitting around.
I think all the presenters are awful. There seems to have been many changes. Although I didn't particularly warm to the Diniz brothers, I find Don Kogan positively frightening. He's like some big bully, shouting his instructions to buy, buy, buy. Debbie Cavill referring to her daughter as "Pie" is ridiculous. What is she, six? Grow up the pair of you. One thing that made me switch off instantly was watching the dreadful Vicki sneeze into her hand whilst wearing a ring. She then announced that this was the actual ring you would receive! Oh no. I don't think so love. Gross!

Don't watch it, it's one of those deceitful company's that do a start from price that they pick out of fresh air, then drop it dramatically to make it look like you're getting a bargain, well I say bargain but just flicked over and the prices are absolutely ridiculous! Shop anywhere else or down the high street and you'd get much, much more for your money. I've noticed they use those special filters as well to make the jewellery sparkle more. Would never buy from this company.

Shopperholic, couldn't put it better. If you buy from them, beware - if you need to return anything, my experience was they sit on your money as long as possible, and the 'flippin thing was faulty, so it was their fault!!! The only way I got the money returned was to simply bombard them with e-mails night and day, every day (must have filled their Inbox), demanding my money back after at least a month of hanging on to it. Presenter staff come and go (unless they are Debby Cavill's kids!!), which is always a bad sign, and the only presenters who stay the course are The Shouty Blondes (new name for a pop group, methinks?)- one of which is the dreadful "fog-horn at low tide on the river Thames crossed with a Helium balloon" voice of Vicki - and John Scott. How he's hanging on, I haven't a clue and I guess it's work at any price! The prices are completely ludicrous now for most hours, and if my example was anything to go by, the quality is terrible. Buyer beware!!

Don't watch it, it's one of those deceitful company's that do a start from price that they pick out of fresh air, then drop it dramatically to make it look like you're getting a bargain, well I say bargain but just flicked over and the prices are absolutely ridiculous! Shop anywhere else or down the high street and you'd get much, much more for your money. I've noticed they use those special filters as well to make the jewellery sparkle more. Would never buy from this company.

Last edited:
Shopperholic, couldn't put it better. If you buy from them, beware - if you need to return anything, my experience was they sit on your money as long as possible, and the 'flippin thing was faulty, so it was their fault!!! The only way I got the money returned was to simply bombard them with e-mails night and day, demanding my money back after at least a month of hanging on to it. Presenter staff come and go (unless they are Debby Cavill's kids!!), which is always a bad sign, and the only presenters who stay the course are The Shouty Blondes (new name for a pop group, methinks?)- one of which is the dreadful fog-horn at low tide voice of Vicki - and John Scott. How he's hanging on, I haven't a clue! The prices are ludicrous, and if my example was anything to go by, the quality is terrible. Buyer beware!!

History I'm glad you got your money back, you shouldn't have to had bombarded them so yes, just shows you how dodgy this company is.

:mysmilie_10:Shopperholic, I would caution anyone on here to be very careful of them, especially if money's tight and you should have to send something back but cannot afford to wait for your refund for ages. I would hate anyone to have my experience, AND I had a tussle with them over refunding the p&p as well - a bit rich, considering the item they sent me was faulty and it cost me £7 to return by Royal Mail Special Delivery!! They would only then refund the p&p if I sent a copy of the return postage receipt by e-mail (which I was able to do, but what if the buyer doesn't have a computer?). Never, ever, send them the original receipt, I'd say.

They've had so many different studio makeovers/changes of presenting personnel/guest gem explorers who 'disappear' and are never spoken of again (such as Gavin Lindsell and the Diniz Brothers), too. This can't be a good sign with any company. The website is pretty amateur, also, even though it's had a re-vamp.

History I'm glad you got your money back, you shouldn't have to had bombarded them so yes, just shows you how dodgy this company is.

I got ripped off by a shopping channel called Auction World about twelve years ago for £800, my husband bought me a one carat diamond ring for our twentieth wedding anniversary because we couldn't afford one when we got engaged, but when it arrived it was like crushed ice so I returned it, they went "bust" in the few days it took me to return it, but they must have known they were going under but took people's money anyway, and they knew they were sending dodgy jewellery out too. I never got that back and it eats away at me to this day, I would hate anyone to go through what I went through.

Shopperholic, what a horrible experience for you - mine with Rocks & Co. was nowhere near as bad as yours, my item cost only about £125 max and I did (eventually) get them to return not only the original cost (including p&p) but the return postage, too. Yours was an even worse experience for you and your husband, as it was for a special anniversary, too, and £800 is a heck of a lot of money to lose. I always hope that these ****??? that do this type of thing have something very nasty happen to them in the future, whether you call it karma or not, the least of which might be their grasping, dirty hands dropping off. To take people's money knowing you are sending out faulty goods is just evil - and the worst of it is these people go bankrupt or whatever, and then just start up another business elsewhere. It's high time the penalties for cheating the public were made much, much tougher.

I got ripped off by a shopping channel called Auction World about twelve years ago for £800, my husband bought me a one carat diamond ring for our twentieth wedding anniversary because we couldn't afford one when we got engaged, but when it arrived it was like crushed ice so I returned it, they went "bust" in the few days it took me to return it, but they must have known they were going under but took people's money anyway, and they knew they were sending dodgy jewellery out too. I never got that back and it eats away at me to this day, I would hate anyone to go through what I went through.

I'm a great believer in Karma too History. Don't know how they sleep at night but yep, what goes around comes around eh? :mysmilie_508:

Oh Gawd, I flicked over a while back and there on Rocks was Vicki, also known as "I'm a screaming Banshee on Helium". Just at that moment my husband came into the room and said "where's that horrible racket coming from?" He thought the TV was on the blink, it was that bad! How she can say she also doubles as a "singer" outside of Rocks I cannot imagine - to my knowledge, professional singers are trained to use their voices properly, otherwise throat problems would soon result. She has a voice like someone scraping a cheesegrater with a steel knitting needle. Tonight we had "I can't BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEE our prices, if it was just one pendant....but these are EARRINGSSSSSSSSSSS!" - this was then followed by the hair flicking, the fake open-mouthed amazement, the hands flying about as though she was doubling as a semaphore signaller in the Royal Navy, and such an enormous round eyed-look that I wondered if her eyeballs were going to fall out and bounce across the table.

Debbie Cavill was at the side of her, guesting on the show, and also joining in the squealing, but at a slightly lower decibel level (speak up, Debs, we can't hear you over Vicki's screaming). It has crossed my mind that Vicki might be a clockwork creation being worked by Debby Cavill - if she would only turn around we could see if there's a wind-up key in her back, and the 2 of them appear together so often. I think Vicki must have been conceived during the old Carry-On film "Carry on Screaming". This is one channel past it's sell-by date.

I'm a great believer in Karma too History. Don't know how they sleep at night but yep, what goes around comes around eh? :mysmilie_508:

Last edited:
Oh Gawd, I flicked over a while back and there on Rocks was Vicki, also known as "I'm a screaming Banshee on Helium". Just at that moment my husband came into the room and said "where's that horrible racket coming from?" He thought the TV was on the blink, it was that bad! How she can say she also doubles as a "singer" outside of Rocks I cannot imagine - to my knowledge, professional singers are trained to use their voices properly, otherwise throat problems would soon result. She has a voice like someone scraping a cheesegrater with a steel knitting needle. Tonight we had "I can't BELIEVEEEEEEEEEEEEE our prices, if it was just one pendant....but these are EARRINGSSSSSSSSSSS!" - this was then followed by the hair flicking, the fake open-mouthed amazement, the hands flying about as though she was doubling as a semaphore signaller in the Royal Navy, and such an enormous round eyed-look that I wondered if her eyeballs were going to fall out and bounce across the table.

Debbie Cavill was at the side of her, guesting on the show, and also joining in the squealing, but at a slightly lower decibel level (speak up, Debs, we can't hear you over Vicki's screaming). It has crossed my mind that Vicki might be a clockwork creation being worked by Debby Cavill - if she would only turn around we could see if there's a wind-up key in her back, and the 2 of them appear together so often. I think Vicki must have been conceived during the old Carry-On film "Carry on Screaming". This is one channel past it's sell-by date.

That's so funny, or should I say sooooooo!!!! funny. I bet she was thinking "good grief! who'd pay that for that?!" Don't you just hate the faux shock/surprise/horror at the extremely over priced items. Yes I agree, this channel is dodgy and like you History, I'd advise anyone to stay clear.

Latest posts

Back