Christmas in July!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am sure i heard someone say happy christmas at the end of one of the shows dear god they must think we are mentally challenged:mysmilie_15:

I must admit I saw some gorgeous sterling silver earrings in Debenhams reduced from £25 to £10 in their sale so I came home and ordered 3 pairs online as Christmas gifts. They were too nice to miss at that price.
I also bought some half price gift sets from Heathcote and Ivory online sale. Cath Kidson shower gels, body lotions, sets of bath bombs too. We have 7 grandchildren between us, 6 girls and 1 boy and 3 of the girls are young teenagers so they love sets of anything bubbly or smelly. I don`t actively think to myself oh I`ll start Christmas shopping but if I see something which is a bargain and suitable as a gift for someone, then I won`t pass it by but there`s nothing on Q`s Christmas in July which ever appeals or is an actual bargain.
I've started doing the same sort of thing too Vienna. I don't consciously go out "Christmas shopping" in the middle of the year, but if I see something that would be the perfect present for someone and it's in the sale then I grab it there and then to save some money. I always have all of my shopping done by the end of November, it's how I budget as I don't have the will power to save money for Christmas presents throughout the year ready to spend in December, I'd just end up keep dipping into that pot for ohter things!

I've always had a 'present' box too. Buy bits throughout the year, and then come Christmas throw everything on the bed and decided who gets what ! If they don't come with a box, then a ruffled up bit of cellophane paper tied with a few ribbons and hey ! a gift that could have come out of Harrods !!!!

Gems TV were also sporting santa hats and xmas trees yesterday... so if its being copied, it can't be all that bad.

I'd disagree with that! If it's being copied it means there's no escape!!!!

I meant bad for business. If other companies are copying the Christmas in July, then it must mean people are watching and buying... despite how many on here say they dislike it, there are obviously others who enjoy and buy.

I didn't buy anything from them this year, but I have in past years.

CMQ is right, Christmas in July has been a long established thing in retail. All big retailers premier their Christmas collections and campaigns to the press in July, ready for September issues of magazines etc to start previewing gifts. Telly sales doing Christmas in July shopping events is just an extension of this.

People buy all through the year for Christmas, from January to December, it's only the likes of QVC and other retailers that put a title on it, I think it's just designed to give you a little reminder that Christmas is only five months away. :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back