Desperation

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mommabear

Registered Shopper
'Just buy it........you'll have to do it NOW.....the phone lines and web are VERY busy........you've got to do it now'

'I'm sorry at ome but the stock is depleting and I have to ask you to pick up the phone, dial that number (points finger) or go on the web, all the www's ideal wor........go on, BUY IT'.......'check out your baskets, check out your baskets NOW' over and over :mysmilie_10:

I think it's getting quite uncomfortable to watch IW lately, I'm so racked off with the constant plea to pick up the damn phone and order that I have to turn over.........sheesh give it a ruddy break!!!!!!!!

I get the impression that it is SO busy that if I phoned, they would bite my arm off to buy something, anything.

No point phoning they are so busy I would just be on hold and they would sell out before I could get through!

Peter Simon...... Finish your sentences it is beyond irritating trying to second guess what the hell you are going on about before I end up throwing something at my tv:mysmilie_10:

No point phoning they are so busy I would just be on hold and they would sell out before I could get through!

Peter Simon...... Finish your sentences it is beyond irritating trying to second guess what the hell you are going on about before I end up throwing something at my tv:mysmilie_10:

See Cazzie, that's what they do - then they hope you will buy another tv. - Don't do it, restrain yourself - Oh..... by the way, the phones are still busy...........

That's the entire selling repartee right there, it's the same from Moisashite to Moira C(rap)..........there are no beginnings to be this mans talents.

'Just buy it........you'll have to do it NOW.....the phone lines and web are VERY busy........you've got to do it now'

'I'm sorry at ome but the stock is depleting and I have to ask you to pick up the phone, dial that number (points finger) or go on the web, all the www's ideal wor........go on, BUY IT'.......'check out your baskets, check out your baskets NOW' over and over :mysmilie_10:

I think it's getting quite uncomfortable to watch IW lately, I'm so racked off with the constant plea to pick up the damn phone and order that I have to turn over.........sheesh give it a ruddy break!!!!!!!!

I always say to myself "oh dear, the stock is going fast, I won't be quick enough to buy whatever they are selling so I won't bother trying. Oh dear, what a shame, never mind...

The presenters seem to be under extreme pressure to go right over the top. I love the stock updates especially the copious use of the word 'entire' as in ' 40% of the entire stock has now gone !'
Loen was on yesterday selling the 5/2 diet meals which is a bit like Peter Simon selling courses in conversational English.

I love the " gone and sold out " mantra. 10 % of the stock gone and sold out! What about the other 90%.....They all do it .Genevieve is one of the worst offenders.

Last edited:
The presenters seem to be under extreme pressure to go right over the top. I love the stock updates especially the copious use of the word 'entire' as in ' 40% of the entire stock has now gone !'
Loen was on yesterday selling the 5/2 diet meals which is a bit like Peter Simon selling courses in conversational English.

Their stock updates are so over the top they are almost funny! And you know they will have the same products back within a week if not the next day.

Can't see the point in the percentage of stock left...it's all very well telling us that 40% of the stock has already gone when firstly that's less than half so we don't really need to start panicking and secondly we don't know how much 100% is - It means nothing!

Can't see the point in the percentage of stock left...it's all very well telling us that 40% of the stock has already gone when firstly that's less than half so we don't really need to start panicking and secondly we don't know how much 100% is - It means nothing!

exactly it means nothing so why do they persist in doing it ?It must fool some people.

ps last night at joe burning on plastic cheese to ceramic pans which are all right for about the first half dozen fried eggs then lets see joe scrape them off, look at this look at this despite i suspect everyone who watches IW having seen it about half a million times get some new presentations for fecks sake IW

I love how it will be the same percentage of stock gone at the same time in the hour, every hour.

I love how it is always the busiest part of the hour.

I love how they will explain why it is best to phone at the start of the hour.... but mysteriously that doesn't count at the end.

I love how they will say that a pan is clean via mere wiping, yet you can still see burnt milk crust or a stain clearly visable. You must only have to say it is clean for it to count.

I love how Janice the technology expert suddenly became Janice the childrens toy expert when it suited them.

Hell I just love everything.

I love how it will be the same percentage of stock gone at the same time in the hour, every hour.

I love how it is always the busiest part of the hour.

I love how they will explain why it is best to phone at the start of the hour.... but mysteriously that doesn't count at the end.

I love how they will say that a pan is clean via mere wiping, yet you can still see burnt milk crust or a stain clearly visable. You must only have to say it is clean for it to count.

I love how Janice the technology expert suddenly became Janice the childrens toy expert when it suited them.

Hell I just love everything.

Janice is to IW what Gill Gauntlet is to QVC.

I love the " gone and sold out " mantra. 10 % of the stock gone and sold out! What about the other 90%.....They all do it .Genevieve is one of the worst offenders.

I cannot bear listening to her , she is so shrilly and she screeches and cackles most of the time. The only time I watch IW is during their fashion hours (I have mentioned this before) my heart sinks when I see her, or the other presenter Sally who also screeches . What is with these two? Why do they think they have to scream, shout and screech and in the case of Genevieve, please someone tell her to stop her cackle :sweat: I can put up with Dennice (and her buying everything she presents )and her side kick, Shaun. The best presenter IW has is Loen..she makes me laugh :mysmilie_17:

Of course, if you don't phone, you do realise you'll have to wait all of 2 hours for another lot of the same to appear on screen? How can you bear to wait???
I get the impression that it is SO busy that if I phoned, they would bite my arm off to buy something, anything.

Latest posts

Back