Beauty Advent Calenders on QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Decleor 25 Piece Advent Calendar
Item Number: 228543
QVC Price £45.00
P&P: £5.95

This fabulous advent calendar features a wonderful surprise behind every door, including some of the most-loved and bestselling products from the Decleor range, such as Micellar Oil, the Essential Cleansing Milk and a BB Cream. Treat yourself to a special present with this festive surprise for beauty lovers.

Contains:

1 x Essential Cleansing Milk (10ml)
1 x Tonifying Lotion (10ml)
1 x Aromessence Neroli (1ml)
1 x 24hr Hydrating Light Cream (15ml)
1 x 1000 Grain Body Exfoliator (50ml)
1 x Satin Soft Dry Oil (15ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Mask (15ml)
1 x Alguaromes Toning Shower Gel (30ml)
1 x Aromessence Neroli- night balm (2.5ml)
1 x Micellar Oil (5ml)
1 x Aurabsolu Intense Glow Cream (15ml)
1 x Aurabsolu Eyes Corrector (2.5ml)
1 x Aromessence Svelt (5ml)
1 x Systeme Corps Moisturisng Body Milk (50ml)
1 x Aromessence Iris (1ml)
1 x Rich Cream Prolagene Lift (15ml)
1 x Prolagene Lift Mask (15ml)
1 x Phytopeel (15ml)
1 x Aromessence Mandarine (1ml)
1 x Aroma Lisse Cream (5ml)
1 x Life Radiance Mask (15ml)
1 x Mousse Hydra Eclat 3 in 1 (15ml)
1 x BB Cream in medium (5ml)
1 x Hand Cream (50ml)
1 x Hydra Floral Light Cream (30ml)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.228543

I absolutely LOVE that you can now buy beauty advent calendars! Wonder if Q will stock the L'Occitane and Benefit ones this year? I dropped broad hints to my husband about fancying one last year, but - alas - they fell on deaf ears, lol! (Unlike him, to be fair!) My Mum, however, had got my sister and I Yankee Candle calendars, which we both really enjoyed. We love Christmas Eve, and usually treat ourselves to a medium / large jar to burn each Christmas, but discovered several other nice festive fragrances. There were a couple of foodie ones (not my favourite fragrance family) which smelt a bit curried to me, but the good far outweighed the bad.

I absolutely LOVE that you can now buy beauty advent calendars! Wonder if Q will stock the L'Occitane and Benefit ones this year? I dropped broad hints to my husband about fancying one last year, but - alas - they fell on deaf ears, lol! (Unlike him, to be fair!) My Mum, however, had got my sister and I Yankee Candle calendars, which we both really enjoyed. We love Christmas Eve, and usually treat ourselves to a medium / large jar to burn each Christmas, but discovered several other nice festive fragrances. There were a couple of foodie ones (not my favourite fragrance family) which smelt a bit curried to me, but the good far outweighed the bad.

I remember being very surprised that Q didn't sell the L'Occitane one last year.(It's possible that they did and I missed it somehow I suppose). I waited for it as I wanted one for a gift, but in the end I ordered from L'Occitane direct. It was really nice as well. Can't quite remember how much it was but it was around the £40 mark I think.

I remember being very surprised that Q didn't sell the L'Occitane one last year.(It's possible that they did and I missed it somehow I suppose). I waited for it as I wanted one for a gift, but in the end I ordered from L'Occitane direct. It was really nice as well. Can't quite remember how much it was but it was around the £40 mark I think.

Yes, I admired it in the store, it was lovely! Not only did it have some nice bits and pieces in it, but it was a pretty calendar, too. QVC wouldn't be any cheaper on something like that anyway, so may as well go direct. Think they'd have sold well for them, though.

I've had a Yankee Candle advent calendar for the last couple of years, but this yeah I fancy a beauty one. Will look out & see what brands I like do one...

Dear OH, I now have my Christmas present from the dog (new doggie :mysmilie_7:) You can continue to make plans to spend huge amounts of money on me :mysmilie_12:

CC

I just know I'm going to love this.

Dear OH, I now have my Christmas present from the dog (new doggie :mysmilie_7:) You can continue to make plans to spend huge amounts of money on me :mysmilie_12:

CC

I just know I'm going to love this.

Ha ha! :mysmilie_59: What dog have you got? We've got a black and tan Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He's 10 now, and we love him to bits. :mysmilie_48:

After taking a closer look at the list of products, I quite like the look of this advent calendar. I'm not really a big Decleor fan, but there are products in the range I would like to try.

I have told myself though that I'm going to stick to Elemis on the whole, but we'll see how long that lasts. lol!

After taking a closer look at the list of products, I quite like the look of this advent calendar. I'm not really a big Decleor fan, but there are products in the range I would like to try.

I have told myself though that I'm going to stick to Elemis on the whole, but we'll see how long that lasts. lol!

There was an advent calendar from Elemis last year. ;-)

Ha ha! :mysmilie_59: What dog have you got? We've got a black and tan Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. He's 10 now, and we love him to bits. :mysmilie_48:

He's a newbie second hand dog. Not sure exactly what he is but I suspect the parents/grandparents were a mix of staffie, jack Russell, border collie and er, whippet maybe. He's cute but has ALL the traits of ALL those dogs. Got my work cut out. Needless to say I will keep my Decleor right out of the way. OH is on his 3rd pair of slippers :mysmilie_17:

CC

£45 I think Mr M. I treated myself to one and I loved it. Ended up buying and loving the shampoo and conditioner on the strength of it. I used all the bits and bobs except the stickers and the place cards. I would definitely buy another beauty advent calendar.

I was very disappointed with the L'Occitane advent calendar last year. Teeny, tiny sizes and some bits like gift tags which just went straight in the bin.

Not a beauty one but Groupon have the Yankee candle calendar with £10 off today.

There's a brilliant blog which gives the low-down on a pick of 2016 Advent Calendars, here:
http://theldndiaries.com/the-best-advent-calendars-for-2016/

The M&S one looks good for the money - but you have to spend £35 in store to be eligible to purchase it. I can only dream of getting a Jo Malone or Dyptique calendar. Sigh.

I am intrigued by the Look Fantastic one. Did anyone receive that one last year? L'Occitane looks nice, but maybe the sizes are a bit on the small side, as people have mentioned.

The Vintage Cosmetics Company Calendar which will be featured on QVC looks quite mediocre for the money. 90 quid! I'd want it to be a show stopper for that price. The Liz Earle offering is decidedly bland. Nothing covetable about it. Plus it doesn't look like good value at all! It does feature a Botanist's Recipe Guide, whatever that is.

There's a brilliant blog which gives the low-down on a pick of 2016 Advent Calendars, here:

The Vintage Cosmetics Company Calendar which will be featured on QVC looks quite mediocre for the money. 90 quid! I'd want it to be a show stopper for that price.

Without noting that this one is to be flogged by QVC... my reaction was that it was the contents of a christmas cracker! You could get the same contents for less by waiting for the December last-minute sales when they sell off the crackers cheap... otherwise wait to January. That set of contents pictured would struggle to justify a £9 tag, never mind a £90 one. Hell of a mark up for a festive box...

Great blog link though - as they're going to update when more come in :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

Without noting that this one is to be flogged by QVC... my reaction was that it was the contents of a christmas cracker! You could get the same contents for less by waiting for the December last-minute sales when they sell off the crackers cheap... otherwise wait to January. That set of contents pictured would struggle to justify a £9 tag, never mind a £90 one. Hell of a mark up for a festive box...

Great blog link though - as they're going to update when more come in :mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59::mysmilie_59:

I agree with you. My manicure set was a bargain from the Boots post-Christmas sale, years ago. It's by Merheje and is a slightly lairy orange and white colour, but it's still giving strong. A bit like this:
image.jpg

Imagine the sort of bespoke advent calendar you could create for someone for £90. I think I could get quite a haul for that! Maybe I should set a challenge for other forumites?:wink:

As for blog updates, I'm not sure, but I will look with interest as I need to start my Christmas shopping soon. *Gulp*

I have a friend who`se husband actually made a wooden Advent calendar and each date has a hand decorated wooden drawer. Every year he fills the drawers with small gifts, toiletries, makeup, hair decorations, chocolates, funny gifts, woolly socks, all kinds of things and then behind the final door which is bigger, he always puts her main gift.
Similar advent calendars can be bought, there`s all kinds of kits to make your own or there`s ready made ones and even including the price of the calendar I reckon you could make something really special for much less money than the branded calendars.
Here`s links to a couple of calendars. I particularly like the third one but there`s lots of different ones available and they`d make lovely personalised beauty gifts.
http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/wooden-...gclid=CKfwz9Tkls8CFWgz0wod3HwIFw&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://www.pelennapatchworks.co.uk...t-panel.html?gclid=CNiqip3lls8CFQuNGwodnYsA0Q
https://www.stuff4crafts.com/25-dra...150000155130&gclid=CKup2cHlls8CFUQq0wodcv4GFw

The M&S one looks good for the money - but you have to spend £35 in store to be eligible to purchase it. I can only dream of getting a Jo Malone or Dyptique calendar. Sigh.

I am intrigued by the Look Fantastic one. Did anyone receive that one last year? L'Occitane looks nice, but maybe the sizes are a bit on the small side, as people have mentioned.

The Vintage Cosmetics Company Calendar which will be featured on QVC looks quite mediocre for the money. 90 quid! I'd want it to be a show stopper for that price. The Liz Earle offering is decidedly bland. Nothing covetable about it. Plus it doesn't look like good value at all! It does feature a Botanist's Recipe Guide, whatever that is.

SO much loveliness, I bet it'll be handbags at dawn for some of them! I've always thought I'd make a very good rich person, as I'd never struggle to know what to spend my money on! Did fancy the Charlotte Tilbury one, but that's only 12 drawers, so - even with some full sized products - I'm not sure if it'd be worth £150, though her skincare is expensive. Can't believe the price of that Vintage Cosmetics Company one, that's outrageous! The contents look like those cheap and cheerful bits they stock in chemists. Agree that the M&S one looks really good, bet that will go quickly. The Liberty one looks lovely, too.

I subscribe to the Look Fantastic beauty box, and can't help thinking they're losing their way. It used to be one of the best deals, with six generous sizes (including many full) for £15. They then added even more value with the inclusion of Elle magazine. This was their birthday month, and my box consisted of six sample sizes and no Elle, which was very underwhelming. Seem to remember them doing a great celebratory box for their first birthday. Would have thought they'd raise the bar for their advent calendar and Christmas boxes, though.

SO much loveliness, I bet it'll be handbags at dawn for some of them! I've always thought I'd make a very good rich person, as I'd never struggle to know what to spend my money on! Did fancy the Charlotte Tilbury one, but that's only 12 drawers, so - even with some full sized products - I'm not sure if it'd be worth £150, though her skincare is expensive. Can't believe the price of that Vintage Cosmetics Company one, that's outrageous! The contents look like those cheap and cheerful bits they stock in chemists. Agree that the M&S one looks really good, bet that will go quickly. The Liberty one looks lovely, too.

I subscribe to the Look Fantastic beauty box, and can't help thinking they're losing their way. It used to be one of the best deals, with six generous sizes (including many full) for £15. They then added even more value with the inclusion of Elle magazine. This was their birthday month, and my box consisted of six sample sizes and no Elle, which was very underwhelming. Seem to remember them doing a great celebratory box for their first birthday. Would have thought they'd raise the bar for their advent calendar and Christmas boxes, though.

£150 is a lot of money, granted, but there may be a way to get more bang for your buck. Are you near a Charlotte Tilbury counter? You could book in for an hour long makeover to have one of their artists create one of the signature looks for you. If you go with a lead artist it costs £55 and is redeemable against other purchases. That will then take the calendar down to another further £95, plus you'll have had a pamper.

You're making me think twice about the Look Fantastic one. It's received a lot of hype based on last year, but who knows?

Latest posts

Back