Over the fence deliveries!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
DM article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/n...uriers-cut-outrageous-corners-ruin-gifts.html

Who to blame when it all goes wrong
When ordering online, your contract is with the retailer, not the delivery company.

This means it is the retailer’s responsibility to put things right if there is a problem.

If items are damaged or stolen and the seller cannot prove they arrived safely or were left in an appropriate place, they must give you a refund. The onus is on them to prove you received the item, not the other way around, so always demand proof of delivery.

Parcels left outside your property do not count as having been delivered unless you said they could be left there. So if an item is stolen or damaged, you can ask for a refund.

But if you leave instructions for the delivery firm to leave a parcel with neighbours and they later claim not to have received it, you may struggle to get a refund if the courier can prove they left it there. So choose drop-off points wisely.

It’s a common misconception that unless you open the parcel and check the goods on delivery, you cannot return them.

In fact, the Consumer Rights Act states you have 30 days to return damaged or faulty items to get a full refund.

If your order does not arrive within a reasonable amount of time — say the firm estimated three days and it’s taken two weeks — you can cancel.

If the seller said goods would arrive in time for Christmas and they turn up late, they are in breach of contract and you can demand a refund.

In some cases, you may also be able to claim compensation if you have taken time off work for a parcel that never arrived.

DM article: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/n...uriers-cut-outrageous-corners-ruin-gifts.html

Who to blame when it all goes wrong
When ordering online, your contract is with the retailer, not the delivery company.

This means it is the retailer’s responsibility to put things right if there is a problem.

If items are damaged or stolen and the seller cannot prove they arrived safely or were left in an appropriate place, they must give you a refund. The onus is on them to prove you received the item, not the other way around, so always demand proof of delivery.

Parcels left outside your property do not count as having been delivered unless you said they could be left there. So if an item is stolen or damaged, you can ask for a refund.

But if you leave instructions for the delivery firm to leave a parcel with neighbours and they later claim not to have received it, you may struggle to get a refund if the courier can prove they left it there. So choose drop-off points wisely.

It’s a common misconception that unless you open the parcel and check the goods on delivery, you cannot return them.

In fact, the Consumer Rights Act states you have 30 days to return damaged or faulty items to get a full refund.

If your order does not arrive within a reasonable amount of time — say the firm estimated three days and it’s taken two weeks — you can cancel.

If the seller said goods would arrive in time for Christmas and they turn up late, they are in breach of contract and you can demand a refund.

In some cases, you may also be able to claim compensation if you have taken time off work for a parcel that never arrived.

As the proverb says "Forewarned is forearmed".

I am in dispute at the moment with a retailer about a courier who caused damage at my home.

They keep trying to fob me off by saying I will have to claim from the courier, so I have quoted from the DM, so thanks LIAM for the above post and link.

Yes, if you read the money-saving site Consumer section your contract is with the company and their contract is with the courier so the latter will not answer your query. They are always telling people this when the company try to pass the buck to the customer contacting the courier.

So, I will add my little tale which happened on Friday 13th.

I ordered a lipstick from Net A Porter in their sale. It was one I had wanted for ages but refused to pay full price for. Yes, I love that colour but damn I am not paying that. Yes, I did search eBay for ages on and off.

Anyway, they use DHL never had a problem with them before. So tracking email telling me due for delivery between 1300-1500 on Friday 13th. I am home from work by 12.20 usually on Friday so no problem. So 1500 hours came and no knock on the door checked my emails and said delivered at 14.46 pm. I went down and checked nothing on the porch then checked my bins then the bins at the house next door nothing. Went up and opened the pdf and showed DC and Back Door. I live in an upstairs flat with only a front door. Went down again went up and down checking if left at the back door of neighbours most have extensions so cannot be thrown over the side gate and nothing. Contacted Net A Porter explained and they said they will investigate.

Saturday 14th decided to post on a neighbour forum before going out. Asked if anyone had found my parcel could they please bring it around to me. So I went off into town and came back just before noon and there was my parcel sitting on my porch! The box was quite large for just one lipstick! I picked it up and whoever it had been delivered to had actually opened the bottom! They must have thought something really interesting in it but decided that a muted plum/purple lipstick was just not for them.:sad4: The actual lipstick was still in the sealed bubble wrap bag.

Sorry for the highjacking of your thread Strato and it is the length of War and Peace.

We have had a couple of deliveries lately that have been pushed through neighbours doors. One side brought to us straight away. The other 2 separate occasions hung to for at least a day , only giving us on one occasion when they saw us outfront.

Latest posts

Back