Not Richard Jackson’s Bird Seed.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I hope when it’s not gardening pick of the month, people don’t pay £40 because it turns out you can buy it elsewhere after all https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/del...en_GB%2f%24s%3dbird_seed&fh_sort=-hasimage_iw

That’s a good price for such a big bag and good mix. I was looking at bird feed yesterday and it compares well with Amazon’s offerings. I particularly don’t want the stuff some birds seem to pick up and chuck out of the way, which I think is wheat? It also grows if left, I gather? None of that in this anyway. (I only started feeding the birds last year so I’m trying to learn the tricks and tips.)

the Richard Jackson one is cheaper no postage and this one has the sunflower seeds with the black coat on. the Richard Jackson one has sunflower hearts. also this has raisins and wheat. I think the Richard Jackson one is better imo and the price is about right for the mix.

the Richard Jackson one is cheaper no postage and this one has the sunflower seeds with the black coat on. the Richard Jackson one has sunflower hearts. also this has raisins and wheat. I think the Richard Jackson one is better imo and the price is about right for the mix.

It says no wheat in the IW one? And should you not give birds raisins?

Boffy, it’s almost identical and you can give birds raisins they love them also Richard Jackson’s is the same sized bag and two pound dearer, IW is £25 inc postage, RJ £27 no postage (for now) when Gardening Pick Of The Month is over, according to Richard it’s twelve pound dearer, making it £40 but each to their own, our birds love this feed. :mysmilie_3:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=do+birds+like+raisins&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

https://youdoitsuet.com/blog/are-raisins-healthy-for-birds/

The birds love raisins boffy, good source of energy and vitamins https://youdoitsuet.com/blog/are-raisins-healthy-for-birds/ IW doesn’t have wheat and even if it did a lot of birds like it, Richard Jackson should stick to flowers.

my birds hate them lol....I am not saying the Ideal world seeds are not good but they are not the same mix as the Richard Jackson. I use sunflower seeds with the shell on and sunflower hears but there is a big difference in price. I don't buy Richard Jackson seeds as I think they are very expensive but the mix imo is not a bad mix. I go to Wilkos they do great seed mixes for every budget.

If you look at the ingredients there's only two different I think, the rest are the same. Robins love raisins and we have a family of Robins that live in our garden, although the little buggers are quite territorial and often chase each other back to their own side. :mysmilie_17:

Robins are thugs....Mine spend so much time 'giving large' to the other birds that they forget to eat the food. They would be wearing hoods they were human.

robins love humans though. all my other birds flee when they see me but the Robins stay close by :mysmilie_47:

robins love humans though. all my other birds flee when they see me but the Robins stay close by :mysmilie_47:

I love robins. Yes, I read they are territorial little buggers but I love their cheekiness. I only ever see one (at a time) at the moment. If it’s the same one, he* has a routine which I find too cute to resist. He’s the main reason I started buying proper bird feed. He waits till he sees me by the kitchen window, and does this very delicate but showy fluttery approach to the birdbath just in front to get my attention. Then he keeps posing, tilting his head about as if to say, “Look how pretty I am - feed me”. So I go to the back door to get the seed tray out of the box outside and he comes really close, like a metre or so from me. Then I pop the food on the table and go back in to watch him through the glass. We have a lovely conversation every day.

*other genders are available

I love all birds(well all animals- some humans however leave a lot to be desired)but robins do have special characters.One in my garden appears at the living room window if noone puts some crumbs on his /her little table away from the 'Big Birds'.If this particular robin gets the chance ,it has been
known to sneak in to the kitchen through a door left open for the dog,have a look around ,do a poo and go.It has been caught in the act!!We have a cat as well.

my birds hate them lol....I am not saying the Ideal world seeds are not good but they are not the same mix as the Richard Jackson. I use sunflower seeds with the shell on and sunflower hears but there is a big difference in price. I don't buy Richard Jackson seeds as I think they are very expensive but the mix imo is not a bad mix. I go to Wilkos they do great seed mixes for every budget.

Wilko's bird seeds are good.I get mine from there.If one kind of bird won't eat something ,another will.We get lots of magpies ,rooks and sometimes seagulls as well as smaller birds.I don't care as I like them all.

Ahhh Robins are adorable, the husband was putting seed on the feeder the other day and a Robin sat on the feeder while the husband was putting the food on, the little Robin was about six inches away from him, you’d have thought he’d won the lottery he was that excited, yes Robins do like humans.

Ahhh Robins are adorable, the husband was putting seed on the feeder the other day and a Robin sat on the feeder while the husband was putting the food on, the little Robin was about six inches away from him, you’d have thought he’d won the lottery he was that excited, yes Robins do like humans.

Robins ARE humans, just in bird form. When I was at a funeral one time a robin came in to the church and perched behind the minister the whole time then just flew away at the end. Makes you think.

CC

Robins ARE humans, just in bird form. When I was at a funeral one time a robin came in to the church and perched behind the minister the whole time then just flew away at the end. Makes you think.

CC

That would have made me cry - not in a distressed way. So touching.

My little buddy has just been up for a chat for the third time today. I suppose the cold is making him extra needy. I don’t care if it’s cupboard love - he can have the entire contents of my cupboards!

I love all birds(well all animals- some humans however leave a lot to be desired)but robins do have special characters.One in my garden appears at the living room window if noone puts some crumbs on his /her little table away from the 'Big Birds'.If this particular robin gets the chance ,it has been
known to sneak in to the kitchen through a door left open for the dog,have a look around ,do a poo and go.It has been caught in the act!!We have a cat as well.

I bet some humans do that too...

I love robins. Yes, I read they are territorial little buggers but I love their cheekiness. I only ever see one (at a time) at the moment. If it’s the same one, he* has a routine which I find too cute to resist. He’s the main reason I started buying proper bird feed. He waits till he sees me by the kitchen window, and does this very delicate but showy fluttery approach to the birdbath just in front to get my attention. Then he keeps posing, tilting his head about as if to say, “Look how pretty I am - feed me”. So I go to the back door to get the seed tray out of the box outside and he comes really close, like a metre or so from me. Then I pop the food on the table and go back in to watch him through the glass. We have a lovely conversation every day.

*other genders are available

Love this!

Latest posts

Back