Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Volcanic ash can stay in the atmosphere for many many months.

When Krakatoa erupted most of the world had very bad weather for a whole year afterwards in the UK too.

The reason I remember the first snowfall in November as I had to take Delilah to the vet that day, she was on tablets and had to get a check-up every six months. A friend was taking me but the snow started falling in the morning it was so heavy she did not want to drive in it so I had to take a taxi. There was a very brief thaw a week later but then it really hit us and everything was frozen for weeks.

Even when Mount Helena in Washington erupted back in the 90? They had awful weather in the US across many states months later.

Someone posted this after reading Flinty's blog -

Just looked through T&C's of this page and it says "no political statements" does that apply to the presenters and their blogs as a certain Debbie Flint has posted "she's off to a big conference in Manchester next week." and no doubt will be posting pictures galore on her blog in the not too distant future.. I know several presenters and beauty ambassador/s use their personal twitter accounts to air their political grievances and not blogs.. Seems it's one rule for us and one rule for Debbie Flint...

Flinty had ended her blog with her plans for next week & this was the opening sentence -

I'm almost on my annual leave, I'm going to a big conference in Manchester (I love politics!).

Just looked through T&C's of this page and it says "no political statements" does that apply to the presenters and their blogs as a certain Debbie Flint has posted "she's off to a big conference in Manchester next week." and no doubt will be posting pictures galore on her blog in the not too distant future.. I know several presenters and beauty ambassador/s use their personal twitter accounts to air their political grievances and not blogs.. Seems it's one rule for us and one rule for Debbie Flint...

Flinty had ended her blog with her plans for next week & this was the opening sentence -

I'm almost on my annual leave, I'm going to a big conference in Manchester (I love politics!).

I clocked she'd mentioned this on her blog and her Q fb page........she should not be saying anything political.

Rules don’t apply to presenters, they can do and say whatever they like. Could you imagine Fibby Flint as an MP, her manifesto would be.....

1. Always buy from QVC
2. Never buy anywhere else other than QVC
3. You can only read a book written by presenters at QVC
4. Take all shopping channels off your devices, except QVC
5. Only use products, that can be bought at QVC
6. Only holiday in Devon
7. Force everyone you know to shop at QVC
8. Always take selfies were you’re in the bottom left or right corner with your gob open
9. Always wear clothes bought from QVC and buy them two sizes too small.
10 Climate change and Brexit.

I think that just about cover it. :mysmilie_15:

Rules don’t apply to presenters, they can do and say whatever they like. Could you imagine Fibby Flint as an MP, her manifesto would be.....

1. Always buy from QVC
6. Only holiday in Devon
8. Always take selfies were you’re in the bottom left or right corner with your gob open

Brilliant :mysmilie_3:

1. Always buy from QVC
6. Only holiday in Devon

Number 8...Gob!!:mysmilie_15:

Be certain that we will be treated to a number of selfies from the conference she is attending. There she will be with her face in the corner dominating the scene. She really is unbearably pushy in everything she turns her attention to. Pushy and self serving. I did predict a few weeks ago that politics was her next focus following a number of not very subtle hints. She really never stops. She thought she would make it in mainstream television, she didn’t, she thought she would make it big in business, she didn’t, writer, singer.....she didn’t! On and on she goes. Now she thinks she thinks that the world of politics beckons. She will love it if her face appears on leaflets, sides of buses......,oh, please.

You`ll have QVC diehards moving to Sheepwash or Hogwash or whatever its called where she lives, simply so they can vote for her and help with her campaign to become a local MP. She could bore the EU to death so they`d agree to any kind of deal just to get rid of her. She may very well be the UK`s secret brexit weapon !

Be certain that we will be treated to a number of selfies from the conference she is attending. There she will be with her face in the corner dominating the scene. She really is unbearably pushy in everything she turns her attention to. Pushy and self serving. I did predict a few weeks ago that politics was her next focus following a number of not very subtle hints. She really never stops. She thought she would make it in mainstream television, she didn’t, she thought she would make it big in business, she didn’t, writer, singer.....she didn’t! On and on she goes. Now she thinks she thinks that the world of politics beckons. She will love it if her face appears on leaflets, sides of buses......,oh, please.

I think she might be the ultimate egotist on QVC. She works hard to get ahead. In the relatively short time I've known of her she has been launching countless schemes. Why do they all seem to end in failure? It is admirable that failure never daunts her, she picks herself up and goes again. I honestly admire her for that.

I'm convinced that on one of her multitude of social media 'tell alls' she said that she has Aspergers. I found that quite amazing.

I can’t say I admire her never giving up. If she carried on undaunted in her desire for achieving something for the common good I would admire her but her final goal is always a self serving one and that I find distasteful. If people want to admire her that, of course, is their right.

I can’t say I admire her never giving up. If she carried on undaunted in her desire for achieving something for the common good I would admire her but her final goal is always a self serving one and that I find distasteful. If people want to admire her that, of course, is their right.

I usually describe politicians as self serving, she's a natural.

I'm convinced that on one of her multitude of social media 'tell alls' she said that she has Aspergers. I found that quite amazing.

Found it! Biggest Discovery...
https://blogs.qvcuk.com/highlights-of-the-year-2018/

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit of a bitch fight going on.

Woman complaining about Katy Pullinger on the Harry Slatkin candle show.

So a Stan leaps in saying I love Katy and live near her and she is lovely. So then a few others come along and say they like her to. Then the first woman is accused of being a troll using fake accounts to complain about the presenters and she will be banned shortly.

So a Stan leaps in saying I love Katy and live near her and she is lovely. So then a few others come along and say they like her to. Then the first woman is accused of being a troll using fake accounts to complain about the presenters and she will be banned shortly.

The post was justified, KP was ridiculous & rude. It doesn't matter how many units have been sold because we've never told how many are available to start with. The sales staff need to understand that in order to sell something successsfully they need to find out what a customer wants or needs & match their requirements to the best product. To do that on selly telly they should explain the finer details not jump in when someone is talking & scream "Three hundred of these now sold".

The post was justified, KP was ridiculous & rude. It doesn't matter how many units have been sold because we've never told how many are available to start with. The sales staff need to understand that in order to sell something successsfully they need to find out what a customer wants or needs & match their requirements to the best product. To do that on selly telly they should explain the finer details not jump in when someone is talking & scream "Three hundred of these now sold".

Exactly and even more true when it's a brand new range not available elsewhere in the UK - people do actually want to hear about the products, it's not rocket science!

Katy also replied on that thread with a x after that woman who posted to say that she liked her.

I don't mean to sound mean, but that Aspergers talk reminds me of an episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm where Larry meets this woman with an absolute arse of a son, and Larry can't stand him. But his mother keeps defending him by saying "he is on the spectrum"....which really gets Larry's goat up as he clearly doesn't believe being on the spectrum qualifies as the same thing :)

Latest posts

Back