Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Christmas cards are out again, Tope asked DP if he'd written them himself, "it looks like your handwriting"

I think he had......it was the usual guff about him being the funniest man on TV, a wonderful person, remembered from Children's BBC, the usual yearly self appreciation

I bet the bin is full of the other, more truthful ones.......

The Christmas cards are out again, Tope asked DP if he'd written them himself, "it looks like your handwriting"

I think he had......it was the usual guff about him being the funniest man on TV, a wonderful person, remembered from Children's BBC, the usual yearly self appreciation

Oh, the Christmas Card Crap, I suppose it was inevitable Momma. He was also shouting out the names of his imaginary friends and family, urging them to ‘just buy’ those god awful Fjord pieces of crap too.

Let me tell you something Momma. If anyone did send him a Christmas Card they’ll surely be striking him off next years Christmas Card List once they receive the Christmas Cracker Crap Watches that he’s suckered them into buying.

When he was on with that Toupee Tope he was screeching like a hysterical banshee, If the ‘show’ had gone on much longer he’d have been foaming at the mouth.

Maybe he’s got Rabies? :eek:

Momma, if he's the funniest man on telly that doesn't say much for the comics on there!!!

Have you all stopped to think that perhaps those who wrote Peter's Christmas cards really meant it when they said 'he was the funniest man on TV'?

Could they have meant that they laugh 'at' him, not 'with' him?:biggrin:

Have you all stopped to think that perhaps those who wrote Peter's Christmas cards really meant it when they said 'he was the funniest man on TV'?

Could they have meant that they laugh 'at' him, not 'with' him?:biggrin:

I'm sure one of them had a picture of either Les Dawson on it or Tommy Cooper, who were funny. He's always mentioning them as a kind of kinship, now that is laughable.

He also mentioned him and Bet getting married years ago.

If Les or Tommy sent him cards, they've been a ****** long time in the post!

I've heard Peter liken himself & his watch mate to 'Ant & Dec' & 'Morecambe & Wise' so I guess his imagination knows no bounds.

I must say I find his 'presidential addresses' into the camera at the start of his shows hilarious. Hilarious for all the wrong reasons as I'm sure Peter doesn't intend them to be funny!

well I see it's £1000 + China made heirlooms tonight.

And another ignorant watch guest, she says movement on this watch (winthrop) beats at thousand or thousands of times a minute, wrong it's got the Shanghai Jinghe JHLS33-1 which is only has 360 beats per minute.

Typical nonsense being spouted by P Simon and the guest.

well I see it's £1000 + China made heirlooms tonight.

And another ignorant watch guest, she says movement on this watch (winthrop) beats at thousand or thousands of times a minute, wrong it's got the Shanghai Jinghe JHLS33-1 which is only has 360 beats per minute.

Typical nonsense being spouted by P Simon and the guest.

Dirty Peter reckons that some Heritor piece of junk is worth over a GRAND :biggrin:

And his sidekick, Charlie Dimmock, does indeed talk bubbles.

The pair of them just spew out vague, vacuous, vapid drivel. How can anyone fall for this load of old tosh? :eek:

The pair of them just spew out vague, vacuous, vapid drivel. How can anyone fall for this load of old tosh? :eek:

Unfortunately there is a lot of folks out there are easily fooled (just need to look at how many fall for phone scams etc), and Ideal World seem to be well aware of that with the tactics they use. Not a show passes without misinformation and lies about brands, products, prices, quality etc and the ridiculous stock updates every 5 secs.

Unfortunately there is a lot of folks out there are easily fooled (just need to look at how many fall for phone scams etc), and Ideal World seem to be well aware of that with the tactics they use. Not a show passes without misinformation and lies about brands, products, prices, quality etc and the ridiculous stock updates every 5 secs.

I do feel sorry for anyone who’s kidded by the endless RRP ‘price checks’ on the shonky Watch websites, that’s what Bid TV used to do all the time.

It’s grim :frown:

I have a game you can play , either solo or against an opponent.
All you do is surf in to Ideal World , at random , from another channel and time how many seconds you are viewing for before the presenter warns you that they are selling out.,
The one with the lowest score is the winner -you can play best of five.
A whole match can be over in two minutes.
For more advanced players there is a variant where you tune into Shaun and time how long it takes for him to say 'mum'.
Should keep you amused over the Christmas holidays.

When they present any watch show, as far as I can remember, they have never, ever, and I mean ever, said, these watches are accurate to xx amount of seconds over any given time!
If they are asking ridiculous amounts of money for a watch, at least have the decency to say how accurate the bloomin' thing is!

When they present any watch show, as far as I can remember, they have never, ever, and I mean ever, said, these watches are accurate to xx amount of seconds over any given time!
If they are asking ridiculous amounts of money for a watch, at least have the decency to say how accurate the bloomin' thing is!

Totally agree with you, with say Vostok, Mathey Tissot, Swiss Military, although even then they don't mention accuracy much, at least they tell you the movement, so you can investigate yourself, but with these mushroom brands they tell you very little about the what movement is in the watch and virtually nothing about the technical details of the movements, nor do they even tell you where these watches are made.

Well the watch I mentioned a few posts back, the Winthrop has a Shanghai Jinghe JHLS33-1, although it's hard to find accuracy info on it, but it's virtually the same as the PTS S-05 which has an accuracy of +/- 45s a day, so not very accurate. It's in the link below.

http://www.ptsresources.com/watch_automatic_04.htm

Some of the watches don't even have the movement listed in the descriptions on their web site, some are Chinese (which will probably have similar accuracy to above), a couple of Miyota and Seiko (and these range from -20 to +40 a day). But the most important thing (and this goes for any watch), is how well they are regulated (if at all) by whomever is producing the watches, in this case the Chinese factory producing the watches for Heritor.

I have a game you can play , either solo or against an opponent.
All you do is surf in to Ideal World , at random , from another channel and time how many seconds you are viewing for before the presenter warns you that they are selling out.,
The one with the lowest score is the winner -you can play best of five.
A whole match can be over in two minutes.
For more advanced players there is a variant where you tune into Shaun and time how long it takes for him to say 'mum'.
Should keep you amused over the Christmas holidays.

You forgot Denise and her daughter Laura.
The drone guy and the big toy shop in London oh and £800, 900 1000.
Mason and the goddess.
etc
etc

Speaking of stock updates, you have to laugh at the crap they spout.:biggrin:

last night peter Simon and his usual excitable behavior about the Hoover said, they've less than a thousand, this will sell out be gone by the morning, the guest guy says he'll get an early day. Well it's still there and it's just reached 50% gone so the chances of selling out this morning are zero, probably won't sell out by the end of pick of the day.

well lies continue re the hoover, firstly hasn't sold out this morning as Peter Simon stated it would last night, after all they were only given less than a 1000 by Hoover, now we have Paul Becque making silly noises, saying well over 50% gone, been so busy they've pulled the 7PM show and the 4pm show is wavering, which is strange cause a 7pm show wasn't in the schedule and it was mention last night while the guest and presenter were chating about today's schedule for the hoover, that the last show scheduled for today was the 4pm show and because they were so busy (and it would sell out by morning) then the guest guy wouldn't be needed and he would get an early day. It's non stop lies with these clowns.

And what's with the idiotic, stupid noises Paul Becque makes, he just comes over as a complete and utter berk.

They spend so much time acting out these 'I'll be home early tomorrow' to his girlfriend scenes, openpay allotments, flexi pay x blah, go to the phone there's a million or more on the web! They have a whole hour......

I would just like to know how long the bluddy thing takes to charge up???????????????? Never a mention!

90 minutes run time and the thing is starting to conk out 45 minutes in last night, so they had to cut to a promo!

DP said the other night a watch show scheduled at 10pm probably wouldn't go on because there was so little stock. Tope looked bemused. I had to tune in at 10 to see what was on........guess what? Yeah, they were back....just stupid :roll5eyes:

I would just like to know how long the bluddy thing takes to charge up???????????????? Never a mention!

90 minutes run time and the thing is starting to conk out 45 minutes in last night, so they had to cut to a promo!

https://www.peddler.com/gb/product/hoover-cve324gi-h-free-c300-cordless-upright-vacuum-cleaner

according to peddler folk.

Specification:

Model: CVE324GI
32.4 volts
Easy empty 0.5L bin
Run time: 60 minutes
6 hours charging time
On/off rotating brush bar
LED nozzle lights
Reclines flat to floor
Telescopic handle
Above floor cleaning
Effortless manoeuvrability
Includes 3-in-1 dusting brush / crevice tool / upholstery tool
Extension tube
3.5m stretch hose
Onboard tool storage
Compact storage
Colour: Grey

https://www.peddler.com/gb/product/hoover-cve324gi-h-free-c300-cordless-upright-vacuum-cleaner

according to peddler folk.

Specification:

Model: CVE324GI
32.4 volts
Easy empty 0.5L bin
Run time: 60 minutes
6 hours charging time
On/off rotating brush bar
LED nozzle lights
Reclines flat to floor
Telescopic handle
Above floor cleaning
Effortless manoeuvrability
Includes 3-in-1 dusting brush / crevice tool / upholstery tool
Extension tube
3.5m stretch hose
Onboard tool storage
Compact storage
Colour: Grey

DP was saying 90 minutes run time but it's 60!? And 6 hours to recharge, I knew it would be long if he didn't mention it.

Cheaper too :sm9ile: think I'll send him a Christmas card

It's a strange one, as on the hoover site (although slightly different model number but it's same battery etc), it's has both times.

https://www.hoover.co.uk/en_GB/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/-/catalog/39400361/hfc324u-001

At top of page under Overview it' has up to 90mins

but further down it has this.

"The impressive 32.4v lithium ion battery provides all the power you need to you clean the whole house without interruption by delivering up to 60 minutes runtime*.
*Depending on model, in Eco Mode setting."

So god knows what it actually does. :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back