Is Alison Young well?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
I never watch any of the shopping channels but, by accident, landed on QVC, to see Alison and Abi Cleeve.
I was a tad shocked, to see AY seems to have put on quite a lot of weight. As it has been years since I last saw her, perhaps it has been gradual. I was somewhat concerned at the possibility that she could be receiving some form of treatment, which causes weight gain.
Btw, did Abi used to guest for ABC?

Abi was on with Ultrasun; well she probably still will once the Summer holiday season starts ...in around February! Nice to see you posting Louise, I'm not watching much QVC either, though I still order the odd thing off their website if it's a bargain.

I think AY has thyroid concerns so that might be a factor. I don't think the "soft waves" she wears do her any favours facially. I have a similar face shape and in the same age bracket; not many lines but losing definition so waves make me look a bit "Baby Jane". Alison looked better with longer straight hair and wearing simple classic clothes - she used to wear lots of pastel and soft coloured trouser and jacket suits 15-20 years ago. Soft tailoring and crisper hair style might look better imho.

That said I still like watching her if I catch an occasional hour, and hope she isn't poorly.

She looked fine last time I saw her but she has gained weight over the years. I seem to recall she doesn't drink but loves her chocolates so doesn't escape wasted calories. She also used to say she has an aversion to the gym, despite her fitness fanatic husband trying to motivate her to follow an exercise programme.

at the beauty bash she was barely a size 10 she's more than likely only a 12 shes very short like Flint the tv cameras will not do them any favours

The hair and clothes do her no favours whatsoever in fact she seems to pick the worst possible dress/top in Q’s inventory, in particular those foil things where she looks like an oven ready turkey.

I never watch any of the shopping channels but, by accident, landed on QVC, to see Alison and Abi Cleeve.
I was a tad shocked, to see AY seems to have put on quite a lot of weight. As it has been years since I last saw her, perhaps it has been gradual. I was somewhat concerned at the possibility that she could be receiving some form of treatment, which causes weight gain.
Btw, did Abi used to guest for ABC?

No, Ultrasun and Skinsense are brands she does. Years ago she used to do the odd Judith Williams show when Judith couldn't be here.

at the beauty bash she was barely a size 10 she's more than likely only a 12 shes very short like Flint the tv cameras will not do them any favours

She has a double chin so going from a 10 to a 12 would not give her that. I will say she is the normal UK size 16 which is regarded and the normal now.

She is a woman in her 50s happily married loves her food and now has no doubt started the menopause and middle-aged spread.

Good news that she is not ill. So far as I can remember, she leads a very healthy lifestyle,horse riding, does she still have the farm?

She has a double chin so going from a 10 to a 12 would not give her that. I will say she is the normal UK size 16 which is regarded and the normal now.

She looked about a 16 to me, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t think she has an interest in clothes, they are just functional. If she could turn up in jodhpurs I think she’d be happy!

I agree that the outfits she wears nowadays do her no favours. I saw her recently wearing a brown, hessian thing that was akin to a monk's habit - she really did look like a sack of potatoes in it!

She used to wear a lot of trouser suits or trousers/skirts and knee-high boots, with jackets on top and always looked stylish and/or elegant in them. Even in more recent years, she still looks much more svelte with leggings and a long blouse over them than she does in a dress from the QVC range. She just doesn't have the frame/shape for dresses and I don't think I've ever seen her in one that really suits.

From personal experience, if you have a fuller face I find V necks or scoop necklines more flattering. Also I like Straight sleeves not the wide or bell-shape that Alison favours.

She has an under-active thyroid which can cause weight gain - perhaps her meds need tweaking ?

Latest posts

Back