Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well folks what do we know? Someone asking her for advise on how to achieve her look and what to ask her hairdresser for to get the cut. I would have thought a few video clips would have sufficed.

No, I don’t think any of us actually give a rats arse about this “shite” we’re just discussing it, doesn’t mean you have to care about something just to talk about it, after all, it’s called “Shopping Telly Forum” for a reason, to discuss all things shopping telly related.

Of course.

I find January & February difficult so being a bit of a Pollyanna/very annoying I do my best to be positive about them :dance: Come on sis, join the fun...

Thanks, Momma. It really sucks though, especially with no wine/crisps/other to soften the blow. Plus it keeps ****** raining.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is F all on Q to watch or buy so if we didn’t discuss all the other shite we might as well close the forum.

All the shite stuff is far more interesting than floor mops, plastic beads disguised as semi precious gemstones (or should it be vice versa). I’m proud to declare that I love gossip, especially shite gossip. Apols if I’ve offended anyone.

Of course.

Thanks, Momma. It really sucks though, especially with no wine/crisps/other to soften the blow. Plus it keeps ****** raining.

Did someone say wine and crisps?? Count me in.

As for reading shite stuff, I love it. That's how I find out anything as I'm always the "last to know". No offence here.

CC

Did someone say wine and crisps?? Count me in.

As for reading shite stuff, I love it. That's how I find out anything as I'm always the "last to know". No offence here.

CC
Sis is going WITHOUT wine, crisps & other stuff that she didn't tell us about, that's why she's got the blues. I don't drink alcohol in January & February, it's my 24th year of doing it to test my willpower. It usually saves me a fair amount of money but as most of my Slimming World syns are from it I'm losing too much weight so below target & having to pay out to them.

All the shite stuff is far more interesting than floor mops, plastic beads disguised as semi precious gemstones (or should it be vice versa). I’m proud to declare that I love gossip, especially shite gossip. Apols if I’ve offended anyone.

You haven't. I love gossip too & I'm sure that I read that it makes for a healthy workplace, you just have to get the balance right:gossip:

Ah,Ms Everton. AKA Mrs Scruff Bucket - other names can be added or deleted at will depending on how I feel in the moment, but they will always involve the word scruff.

Pat's back. Starting a campaign to bring back Birkenstocks, the beauty bash amongst others. Oh, and some of the old presenters now gone. It is going down rather well.

Now, this is more like it.:bananajump:

Sis is going WITHOUT wine, crisps & other stuff that she didn't tell us about, that's why she's got the blues. I don't drink alcohol in January & February, it's my 24th year of doing it to test my willpower. It usually saves me a fair amount of money but as most of my Slimming World syns are from it I'm losing too much weight so below target & having to pay out to them.

Sorry,Miss, for not telling you that I have no decent food in my life & that dieting/healthy eating sucks.No wine, crisps, chocolate /anything nice at all.
On the plus side, have lost weight... whilst being miserable.
I have even started to dream about vanilla donuts.....

#I CANuary.

Thanks for the wee titters though (eek! as in giggles)

Loads of complaints about the time to answer emails, this has been going on for a few months. Instead of the 72 hours, they state people waiting 8 days plus and still no reply.

Someone upset the Stans, Lulu Guinness bag QVC selling for £300+ is £170+ in the brand's own website. She pointed this out and said so much for the V in QVC. Some are saying they always google around before buying from QVC but the pensioners are mentioned as they wouldn't know about doing this!:argue: And the classic you don't have to buy from QVC!

I’m never sure which side of the fence that woman sits on. One minute she slaggs off Q and the next slags off anyone who dares suggest there are better deals out their such as the LG bag.

They did get in a tizzy about non sale v sale & comparisons of apples & oranges. Bottom line - if you see something you like anywhere, but especially on the Q, try to find it cheaper somewhere else. The Q's fb page brings out the teenage clique mentality.

They did get in a tizzy about non sale v sale & comparisons of apples & oranges. Bottom line - if you see something you like anywhere, but especially on the Q, try to find it cheaper somewhere else. The Q's fb page brings out the teenage clique mentality.

There are so many especially for Q it makes it impossible to do a true comparison (deliberate ploy) but I think in this case it was exactly the same item.

Some just like to police everything and it’s their opinion or none.

Lulu Guinness ALWAYS do a fantastic new year sale and you can usually get half price if not more bags. QVC's LG sale bags are nowhere near as good a deal. LG's customer service are brilliant as well as one time the website crashed and one of their girls on the phone got me what I wanted and then added free postage as well.

CC

Take Radley last year I had a nose at their sale, it was put up in the Reasons Not To Shop With QVC section. Found a bag I quite liked(I actually have a Radley bag bought in a sale back in 2007 still going strong), it was 60% off then an extra 10% special. So, brought it down to around £80 and I then thought okay go for it. Arrived free shipping and free return label includes beautifully packed in 2 days.

So randomly flicking on QVC the same bag was on offer at £160+ with £6+ shipping. Now this was according to QVC a fantastic offer as the bag was well over £200+ rrp which it was originally on the Radley site. So I actually got the same bag half the fantastic special QVC price and that does not include their shipping.

I only look at the QVC FB page as a visitor/guest, but the one thing I notice is how many posts ABC make when they’re due for or have shows. There have been ten, one after the other, today. In my humble opinion, a severe case of overload.

I only look at the QVC FB page as a visitor/guest, but the one thing I notice is how many posts ABC make when they’re due for or have shows. There have been ten, one after the other, today. In my humble opinion, a severe case of overload.

I can't see any posts by ABC on Q FB. They have numerous on their own.

I notice when a company which sells on QVC mentions in its own group or generally on Facebook they appear on QVC Face. I too am a guest and there where about 5 one after the other today.

In the visitors posts there are 11 in a row - definitely overload IMO.

Latest posts

Back