Bella magazine & julia roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Imagine how my jaw dropped when perusing this weeks edition of Bella magazine in bed last night. There in a double page spread of "Real Life Stories" was pictures and story about Julia's wedding !

Not one mention of QVC or accreditation to Alison Reilly for making her ring, but there was mention of her 2 books and living in Sunningdale Berks.

What DID surprise me was this is a regular feature for readers who want to share a story of an event in their lives for which they are paid ££££££s. So is Julia plumping up her bank balance in preparation for leaving QVC, or is it just plain greed ???

Imagine how my jaw dropped when perusing this weeks edition of Bella magazine in bed last night. There in a double page spread of "Real Life Stories" was pictures and story about Julia's wedding !

Not one mention of QVC or accreditation to Alison Reilly for making her ring, but there was mention of her 2 books and living in Sunningdale Berks.

What DID surprise me was this is a regular feature for readers who want to share a story of an event in their lives for which they are paid ££££££s. So is Julia plumping up her bank balance in preparation for leaving QVC, or is it just plain greed ???

We won't be seeing her until March now she is having an operation.

I have Bella on Readly and just had a peep. I’ll have a read when I have 5 minutes of my life I never want back.

Is the operation to get her ego out of her ass?

I have Bella on Readly and just had a peep. I’ll have a read when I have 5 minutes of my life I never want back.

Is the operation to get her ego out of her ass?

It's on her ankle; she had polio when she was a child & it left her one leg weaker so the joint needs to be strengthened or realigned.

Maybe it paid for her holiday in Mexico which she is currently on. Holiday didn't stop her taking to Twitter to post about the article.

Imagine Bellas disappointment when they realised it wasn’t the Hollywood A lister Julia Roberts but the bargain basement Julia Roberts, shop assistant and self proclaimed “author” from Chiswick.

At least it won’t be boring. We’ve heard Julia’s story again and again and again...........Zzzzzz

I posted on this thread yesterday and it has now disappeared. Basically all I said was that Julia is not as interesting as she thinks she is. Did I break any rules?

At least it won’t be boring. We’ve heard Julia’s story again and again and again...........Zzzzzz

I posted on this thread yesterday and it has now disappeared. Basically all I said was that Julia is not as interesting as she thinks she is. Did I break any rules?

Aw no Evie don’t worry, Graham posted that changing over to a new server may delete some of the last comments posted, for me most of the page has vanished but I’m sure we’ll all be up and running again soon xx

PS. You’re absolutely right about Queen Julia, she bores the chesticles off most of us. :RpS_thumbsup:

Wait until the summer she’ll be selling her house story to House and Garden magazine “ My bijou home in Sunningdale “

Will someone please explain to me what this thing is with posting photos 1\2\3\4\5 years after the engagement, wedding, honeymoon, birth of child - was sickening at the time never mind regurgitating it every year.

Do they think we are remotely interested.

Julia is particularly nauseating as she was living over the brush for over 40 years and has 2 very adult offspring so why is she acting the blushing bride. For people who meet and marry later in life it’s perfectly understandable that they will be all loved up but FCS she needs to give it a rest.

God love us if Chuntley ever walks up the isle, Julia’s nuptials will pale into insignificance. YC man will be bridesmaid of course.

Well after seeing this, and knowing I wouldn’t be able to stomach opening a copy of Bella (no offence to those who enjoy the mag!), I googled and a link to Julia’s new blog post came up...

Reminded me while QVC presenter blogs are best avoided at all costs. They’re generally - from the few ice read, especially in the case of Julia and Debbie - either full of tedious self-promotion or equally tedious product promotions...

Julia’s is the former on this occasion - as someone said she’s on a lux holiday in Mexico. Priceless..!

“Funnily enough, a couple of days after our anniversary, our ‘love’ story was covered in a two-page feature in Bella magazine. There was also a small photo of us on the cover, sandwiched between Meghan and Harry, and Nicole Kidman – not bad company to be in.“

Then going on about now having 2 anniversaries - living with partner and wedding - she said she had been in touch with an old pal and posted an old photo.
But it’s the last line that got me... sadly she doesn’t look ANYthing like Judy Garland LOL!

“Jeff, who played Wishee Washee when he and I were working together in Aladdin at the Ashcroft Theatre in Croydon. In case you’re unsure, I’m the one in the checked shirt – I look a bit like Judy Garland!”

Well after seeing this, and knowing I wouldn’t be able to stomach opening a copy of Bella (no offence to those who enjoy the mag!), I googled and a link to Julia’s new blog post came up...

Reminded me while QVC presenter blogs are best avoided at all costs. They’re generally - from the few ice read, especially in the case of Julia and Debbie - either full of tedious self-promotion or equally tedious product promotions...

Julia’s is the former on this occasion - as someone said she’s on a lux holiday in Mexico. Priceless..!

“Funnily enough, a couple of days after our anniversary, our ‘love’ story was covered in a two-page feature in Bella magazine. There was also a small photo of us on the cover, sandwiched between Meghan and Harry, and Nicole Kidman – not bad company to be in.“

Then going on about now having 2 anniversaries - living with partner and wedding - she said she had been in touch with an old pal and posted an old photo.
But it’s the last line that got me... sadly she doesn’t look ANYthing like Judy Garland LOL!

“Jeff, who played Wishee Washee when he and I were working together in Aladdin at the Ashcroft Theatre in Croydon. In case you’re unsure, I’m the one in the checked shirt – I look a bit like Judy Garland!”

What in “We’re a Couple of Swells?”
I’d hate to be so desperate for recognition, it sounds exhausting so does celebrating two anniversaries.

I feel sorry for her. She doesn't realise how sad, desperate and ridiculous she is. She has no 'class', and if she was any good at anything at all - like the rest of her colleagues, she would have expanded her career from adverts to game show host to a tele shopping sales woman, into something which would have actually given her fame, instead of living off the back of a film star with the same name !

I was brought up never to boast about my achievements, capabilities or how I looked, and I cringe when I hear others doing it - particularly those in my age group (JR is 10 years younger than me), who should know better.

I feel sorry for her. She doesn't realise how sad, desperate and ridiculous she is. She has no 'class', and if she was any good at anything at all - like the rest of her colleagues, she would have expanded her career from adverts to game show host to a tele shopping sales woman, into something which would have actually given her fame, instead of living off the back of a film star with the same name !

I was brought up never to boast about my achievements, capabilities or how I looked, and I cringe when I hear others doing it - particularly those in my age group (JR is 10 years younger than me), who should know better.

Thank you for this post. I agree with everything that you have written.
Her love story was covered in a 2 page spread in a magazine. Yes, because she approached THEM and SOLD it to them. Then she compares her photograph to Meghan and Harry!!!

She is getting into a right panic. The Qvc cash cow will end sooner rather than later, as will her advertising platform for her books and what will feed her constant need for attention?

Nauseating.

Latest posts

Back