Beauty Loves TSV 21/02/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There's also a "Beauty Loves" on 30/1

Everytime today that I've switched on to QVC (and yes I know its beauty and the beasts weekend), its yet another amaaaaazing product with life changing ingredients to hold back the years.

I know the market is worth billions, and women will always spend money on their skin, BUT I find it amaaaaaazing that with all the talk of climate change and the environment, and plastic single use packaging that no-one (especially most of the women who are activists in this area) ever mentions the packaging that all cosmetics and beauty products are wrapped in.

I used to buy Nivea in little tins, my toothpaste was pink paste and also in a tin, so as we are all made to think about what we buy in other areas, shouldn't we perhaps be more aware of how we buy our lotions, potion and cosmetics ???

You are absolutely right & it's a major concern of mine. After much searching I've found a few companies online that put products in glass or bamboo containers & send them out in cardboard boxes filled with pellets that can be composted or even dissolved in water, watching this delights our toddler granddaughter. Our dentist has a box for all dental plastic, however, I've found a toothpaste on eBay that's in metal tubes & cotton floss that I put in the bonfire as even this could harm birds. Because I also bang the drum about palm oil I've reduced the beauty companies I buy from to ten, a drop in the plastic polluted ocean but at least I can live with myself.

You are absolutely right & it's a major concern of mine. After much searching I've found a few companies online that put products in glass or bamboo containers & send them out in cardboard boxes filled with pellets that can be composted or even dissolved in water, watching this delights our toddler granddaughter. Our dentist has a box for all dental plastic, however, I've found a toothpaste on eBay that's in metal tubes & cotton floss that I put in the bonfire as even this could harm birds. Because I also bang the drum about palm oil I've reduced the beauty companies I buy from to ten, a drop in the plastic polluted ocean but at least I can live with myself.

Great to hear...If only everyone did more.

I feel the 'elephant in the room' with climate change/environmental slaughter is relentless population explosion. Less of us = less consumerism < waste <environmental trashing - it's not rocket science FGS.

Yet no one has the courage to put it out there for fear of backlash from the childbearing majority, or the human rights people. What about the 'rights' of nature, fauna, flora,more of which become extinct on a daily basis & suffer incessant trauma from all the houses, schools, hospitals required to house more & more & more& more humans? (2.7 billion?)
I cannot think about this too much, I'd go insane with worry.

Great to hear...If only everyone did more.

I feel the 'elephant in the room' with climate change/environmental slaughter is relentless population explosion. Less of us = less consumerism < waste <environmental trashing="" -="" it's="" not="" rocket="" science="" fgs.=""

Yet no one has the courage to put it out there for fear of backlash from the childbearing majority, or the human rights people. What about the 'rights' of nature, fauna, flora,more of which become extinct on a daily basis & suffer incessant trauma from all the houses, schools, hospitals required to house more & more & more& more humans? (2.7 billion?)
I cannot think about this too much, I'd go insane with worry.

You are quite right, of course. No matter how green we become more people obviously equals more housing, food, water and energy.

David Attenborough did speak out about people having too many children a year or two ago.

I must admit those programmes about people having 20 kids and counting make me feel sick for the future. I have a few friends that have not wanted or had children and have taken huge amounts of flack for it. Some people have actually had a go at them about their contraceptives causing a problem (hormones getting into the water/condoms going to landfill or not being vegan condoms etc.). Some have been quite nasty about it. All have been new vegans that wear non-degrading plastic shoes that can't be repaired and break quickly, carry plastic handbags and have several kids between them. It's like becoming vegan has suddenly given them superior race capabilities!

You can't lump all vegans in together like you can't lump all childless couples together - my brother and his wife couldn't have children and dearly wanted them (though my cousin, aged 44, had been sterilised after her two kids completed her family but still ended up pregnant after marrying her second husband who'd had a vasectomy after his two kids!). I think my brother would have decked anyone accusing him of polluting the earth with contraception when they were child-bearing age.

Life is odd but what is absolutely clear is that the planet will struggle to cope with much more of it.

</environmental>

Can you list those companies @Twilight?
Thanks a lot.

LAB Lip & Eye Focus with Red Light Technology & Serum TSV 21/02/20 (Previously £39.96 + post)

Attachments

• LAB TSV 1.jpg
    LAB TSV 1.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 137
  • LAB TSV 2.jpg
    LAB TSV 2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 134
  • LAB TSV 3.jpg
    LAB TSV 3.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 153
  • LAB TSV 4.jpg
    LAB TSV 4.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 134
So snap the Lab three sisters there’s also three of the dentist sisters with one not appearing as she working in the dentist today 😂

Can you list those companies @Twilight?
Thanks a lot

I'm so sorry, I didn't see your request but here goes:
Make up from Axiology, Odylique, PHB ( nice eye make up, awful lippies) & Zao - I love their bamboo packaging & refills, however, they do use palm oil but it is RSPO certified. I have also found an M&S foundation, Autograph Fluid Touch, that's palm oil free, it's a shame that it doesn't give the coverage I like but I use it anyway.
Cosmetics from Beauty Kitchen - very small amounts of RSPO certified but I love this company's recycling ethos. Hand cream, foot cream, muscle rub & facial scrub from B Skincare & soap, body scrub, candles & roll on perfume oil from Bloomtown. I love this company, it's run by the most beautiful couple, it was the first one to be certified palm oil free in the UK & their products are gorgeous.
My deodorant's from Biork, I found it on https://www.peacewiththewild.co.uk/, I bought my toothpaste & floss on eBay - Couto & Planetnatura. Now that our dentist recycles plastic tubes I'm not too concerned about buying my previous stuff but this floss is biodegradeable so I'm sticking with it.

LAB Lip & Eye Focus Anti-Ageing Wand
Item Number: 402770
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £2.95

Discover the Lip & Eye Focus tool from LAB, which has been designed to help firm and tone the visible signs of ageing around eye and lip areas. Create a smoother, plump and more radiant skin look with this fabulous innovation from the LAB experts.

Tackles the key signs of ageing - using four professional technologies: electromagnetic stimulation (EMS), micro-current, galvanic current and gentle massage, this tool tackles the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It also helps to visibly improve the tone and firmness of your skin and enhance the effects of your moisturisers, serums and creams.

Targets the troublesome eye area - use as a massage tool to help reduce the appearance of under eye puffiness and crow's feet as well as improve lymphatic drainage. The ergonomic shape fits cleverly around this delicate area, as well as the contours around the lips.

Step up your skincare - increase the effectiveness of your favourite water-based serums and facial creams with the help of this clever tool, which you can use over the top of your skincare to help it absorb deeper into your complexion.

Perfectly portable - lightweight and small in size, carry the Lip & Eye Focus with you on the go. It's ideal for popping in your luggage when travelling, so you never have to be without your favourite beauty tool.

Contains:
  • 1 x Lip & Eye Focus
  • 1 x AAA battery
  • 1 x user guide
How to use:

• Apply serum with Lip & Eye Focus
  • Slide off battery cover and insert new battery
  • Use steady sweeping movements under the eye and along any areas you'd like to focus on
  • Repeat 5 - 10 times until the serum has absorbed
  • Hold Eye & Lip Focus
  • To lift areas of concern such as the eyebrow, hold in place for a few seconds
  • Carry out the treatment
  • Use twice a day to apply serums and creams
  • Wipe clean after use
Please note:
  • Do not use if under 15 years of age, if you suffer from inflamed or infected skin, or if you have open wounds
  • Do not use directly over the eyes and eyelids
  • Avoid if you have a metal implant such as a pacemaker, or if you are pregnant
  • Do not submerge in water
  • Stop using if you experience any adverse effects

Colour options:
  • Rose Gold
  • White
Technical specifications:
  • Power source: 1 x AAA battery (included)
  • Device length: 11.5cm (4.5")
  • Weight: 100g

All measurements are approximate

And I bet all those that previously bought the similar gadget have slung it in the cupboard or drawer when the batteries ran out !

None of these home facial gadgets are much cop, and charging 30 40 50 60 quid plus, is all profit and plastic casing. For any noticeable difference the only way to go is via bone fide beauty salons who have 'industrial' strength equipment which the beauticians have had training on. Some tuppenny ha'penny battery driven item with a couple of coloured lights for effect is for the gullible only. Might as well run some coloured fairy lights over your face !

You are quite right, of course. No matter how green we become more people obviously equals more housing, food, water and energy.

David Attenborough did speak out about people having too many children a year or two ago.

I must admit those programmes about people having 20 kids and counting make me feel sick for the future. I have a few friends that have not wanted or had children and have taken huge amounts of flack for it. Some people have actually had a go at them about their contraceptives causing a problem (hormones getting into the water/condoms going to landfill or not being vegan condoms etc.). Some have been quite nasty about it. All have been new vegans that wear non-degrading plastic shoes that can't be repaired and break quickly, carry plastic handbags and have several kids between them. It's like becoming vegan has suddenly given them superior race capabilities!

You can't lump all vegans in together like you can't lump all childless couples together - my brother and his wife couldn't have children and dearly wanted them (though my cousin, aged 44, had been sterilised after her two kids completed her family but still ended up pregnant after marrying her second husband who'd had a vasectomy after his two kids!). I think my brother would have decked anyone accusing him of polluting the earth with contraception when they were child-bearing age.

Life is odd but what is absolutely clear is that the planet will struggle to cope with much more of it.

</environmental>
AE you're absolutely right. I remember the Duke of Edinburgh decades ago on a trip to a 3rd world country, saying 'haven't these people heard of contraception". Just today on the news, disturbing pictures of newly born babies in the Syrian war having no food, with journalists reporting that the world doesn't care. We do, but what can we do ? The mother of the new born babe had 2 other young children, yet here she was giving birth to another in a war torn environment. What sane person would do that ? her 2 other children were also suffering, but it didn't stop her having another. And yes, I know its 'cultural', but it just makes me rage. Rant over.

AE you're absolutely right. I remember the Duke of Edinburgh decades ago on a trip to a 3rd world country, saying 'haven't these people heard of contraception". Just today on the news, disturbing pictures of newly born babies in the Syrian war having no food, with journalists reporting that the world doesn't care. We do, but what can we do ? The mother of the new born babe had 2 other young children, yet here she was giving birth to another in a war torn environment. What sane person would do that ? her 2 other children were also suffering, but it didn't stop her having another. And yes, I know its 'cultural', but it just makes me rage. Rant over.
My rant also. Why do people here, with no job, home, & reliant on benefits with children then go on to have more & more? It is not the job of the state to support everyone's child. If you can't afford to pay for children, don't have them.

I
My rant also. Why do people here, with no job, home, & reliant on benefits with children then go on to have more & more? It is not the job of the state to support everyone's child. If you can't afford to pay for children, don't have them.
i agree it’s infuriating but in places like Syria I don’t think women have the same protections or education as here. They probably have to do as they are told by men.
In the UK there is no excuse except the welfare state as it has become means some people don’t even have to give a thought as to how or who is going to support children.

Me and the husband are lucky that our life choices, like downsizing when our two boys married and bought their own homes enabling us to pay off our mortgage and buy a smaller house outright, our two sons have both given us a a beautiful grandson each, they both (and our daughter in laws) have good professional jobs and work very hard, so obviously we’re so proud of them, and although I agree that the woman and men too lazy to get out there and try and find work are a burden on the state, it’s even harder for the people who want to support their family but can’t get a job. I never sit in judgment on anyone because there are people who have a job, buy a house, start a family, then for whatever reason lose their job, then have to rely on benefits, it’s those people I feel sorry for but at the end of the day it’s the children who pay the price of life on benefits.

Last edited:
I know a young woman I worked with a few years ago,who is always on Facebook posting about how stressed and depressed she is. They have a 3 or 4 year old and ber husband is unable to work at the moment,so they go and have another baby and then she is on Facebook complaining about lack of money. She is young enough surely to wait for her hubbie to have his operation and get back to work before having a second baby.

Latest posts

Back