Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hello, candycane. I am like you, not been coming on here so much. I thought I’d log back in for something lighthearted and there is some humour here, which it sounds like you might need, as well as some positive advice. I’m keeping away from a lot of the online news reports because they have been giving me anxiety, as they have so many people. I’m hoping st.com won’t fill up with scare stories and things that might happen like other media. If it does, I’m off again. Let’s try and keep it light on here as there’s enough doom and gloom elsewhere.

😘
Do you need to bother with the news? If something really important is announced you'll find out about it from someone & let's be honest because they're on all the time they have to fill the hours with so much talking & analysis. With so many things out of bounds I wrote a list of things to do for the next week - I haven't got any new books to read so will revisit old ones, it looks dry for the next few days so will be out in the garden & we're going to go through the paint stockpiled in the garage & may consider a very small decorating project. Like everybody else I've had some really sad & difficult times & to be honest this virus isn't anywhere near as awful as they were. I put extra pet food in the donation boxes in Sainsburys today, found a really good make up brush for half price & it was eco-friendly & today's the first day of spring. We will be alright & have plenty more turns around the sun 😌

It is sometimes best to ignore the news, we all know as individuals what we are required to do.I and my neighbours are staying in isolation although some have family members who pop in & would get me bits of shopping if needed.We keep in touch over the phone and I am emailing other friends.We live in a pleasant environment where I can have walks and not be in close contact with anyone else.Being retired I don’t have the worries of being out of work and childcare.I am disgusted by the behaviour of people selfishly stockpiling but have fortunately seen nothing of that here, just my experience although it will have happened.Having recently had a bereavement and had close contact with NHS staff who I have the highest admiration for I hope they get the supplies they need and are given priority.I wish I could help in some way but the best I can do is obey the rules.

Do you need to bother with the news? If something really important is announced you'll find out about it from someone & let's be honest because they're on all the time they have to fill the hours with so much talking & analysis. With so many things out of bounds I wrote a list of things to do for the next week - I haven't got any new books to read so will revisit old ones, it looks dry for the next few days so will be out in the garden & we're going to go through the paint stockpiled in the garage & may consider a very small decorating project. Like everybody else I've had some really sad & difficult times & to be honest this virus isn't anywhere near as awful as they were. I put extra pet food in the donation boxes in Sainsburys today, found a really good make up brush for half price & it was eco-friendly & today's the first day of spring. We will be alright & have plenty more turns around the sun 😌

No, Twilight, this is what I was trying to say. In particular, I hate the speculative stuff - it only fuels panic.

Good luck with your proposed ”projects” - great ideas.

Didn't know where to post this but I've just looked at Queen Julia's blog. The title is bad enough but the photo of her contribution to their village's ’telephone box lending library’ is nauseating as is the description of the items she managed to get & the food they've been eating. I'm so relieved she managed to order sachets for her Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser & cheese, both from the Q, & I'm sure all those who can't find milk, nappies, loo roll or potatoes will feel the same. I've said it many times but I'm now totally over that odious organisation :mad:

Didn't know where to post this but I've just looked at Queen Julia's blog. The title is bad enough but the photo of her contribution to their village's ’telephone box lending library’ is nauseating as is the description of the items she managed to get & the food they've been eating. I'm so relieved she managed to order sachets for her Hotel Chocolat Velvetiser & cheese, both from the Q, & I'm sure all those who can't find milk, nappies, loo roll or potatoes will feel the same. I've said it many times but I'm now totally over that odious organisation :mad:

Queen Julia comes across as a selfish woman on air so this doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, you’re right about the milk, we’ve got one four pint we was lucky to get but it goes off in a week, but don’t know were the next one will come from but to be honest I’m more worried about children and babies getting fed than I am my next cup of tea. Queen Julia is another QVC presenter that doesn’t have a sensitivity chip, she’s just horrible.

I imagine that village is sick and tired of her leaving those bliddy novels she has written.

The Stans are coming out of the woodwork. Thanking QVC for being there at this trying time. 😣

Someone commenting that many online retailers now offering free shipping but not QVC. A Stan has replied why should they?☹

Those Stans are probably the type of people who think QVC are staying on air to keep them company, not to stay trading of course, oh no it’s just to keep them company, what a bunch of wallies 😂

Nearly every sentence Julia writes is aimed to show off and “impress” us with her lifestyle. She is pathetic. Are we really meant to be impressed with her house, her garden, her downstairs shower, her en-suite, her family room, her writing room, her home gym, her Qvc stocked freebies in her fridge, her walk down her country lane ( wouldn’t be surprised if she is on a slip road off a dual carriageway )........... . Give it a rest Julia, people aren’t impressed and if you are showing off to people without your “lifestyle” then you are unpleasant.

I suspect there are many on here who have worked hard all their lives and their homes are easily in the Queen Julia range and equally others who have worked hard but not that lucky.
We don’t know who is who - why? - because we don’t constantly boast and post smug pictures- we just get on with it and take folk as we find them not based on how many bathrooms, garden rooms to write novels or use as a gym.

Count your bliddy blessings yes, but keep the smugness to yourself.

Queen Julia is crass, on top of arrogant and rude and intimidating, the list goes on. If you’re truly happy with a loving family life and really do have all the trappings of comfort and financial security, you don't have to brag about it, there’s no need because as I said, that’s crass especially bragging to a country were some people have absolutely nothing. She’s not the type of person to be envied if that’s what she’s striving for, she’s the type of person to be pitied.........same with Chuntley.

Queen Julia is crass, on top of arrogant and rude and intimidating, the list goes on. If you’re truly happy with a loving family life and really do have all the trappings of comfort and financial security, you don't have to brag about it, there’s no need because as I said, that’s crass especially bragging to a country were some people have absolutely nothing. She’s not the type of person to be envied if that’s what she’s striving for, she’s the type of person to be pitied.........same with Chuntley.

You couldn’t have put it better. You have summed her up perfectly and highlighted why some people find her hard to like.

Ali K is ill, she was told to treat the cough & fever she had earlier this week as this virus. A couple of days ago she posted a photo of herself in bed with a mug of honey & lemon, she looked poorly but cheerful.

Gosh, what an old big head Julia is. How nauseating was that blog! Posting video of her walking on a treadmill - why? Photos of food in her fridge. Jeez.

She used to be my favourite presenter, but has not been for a long time. A little humility would be nice, but then she would not recognise that if it hit her on the head, in the phone box, whilst delivering her books.

Latest posts

Back