Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The thing is it’s that old saying “out of sight out of mind” the idiots that were out and about yesterday and this morning in large groups without taking any precautions or social distancing, will probably think it’s ok to go out and return to normal again, potentially spreading the virus to innocent and vulnerable people, putting further strain on the already buckling NHS if it’s not constantly in the news, so I think it should be on all day every day, and who knows maybe the plonkers might come across the news and keep this deadly virus in the forefront of their minds.......sad but true.

Remember those AIDS messages with the tombstones? And those very blunt leaflets through every door? Scared the whatever out of me! They should edit those films and reissue them for TV now. Of course there were a lot of complaints about them being too graphic and with today's sensibilities I doubt anything similar would be made (without a warning for graphic content etc).

The thing is it’s that old saying “out of sight out of mind” the idiots that were out and about yesterday and this morning in large groups without taking any precautions or social distancing, will probably think it’s ok to go out and return to normal again, potentially spreading the virus to innocent and vulnerable people, putting further strain on the already buckling NHS if it’s not constantly in the news, so I think it should be on all day every day, and who knows maybe the plonkers might come across the news and keep this deadly virus in the forefront of their minds.......sad but true.
Couldn't agree more. Do we really need to force these idiots to stay home? Answer appears to be YES.

Bet they still will be out and about.

I will need to go out and shop for food, no car and neighbours are elderly so it's up to me to do it for myself. I will also have to go collect the cat's prescription from the vet. My vet is offering to post but if Delilah's
kidney meds got losto_Oo_O so phone pay arrive phone them and they come out and leave at the back door and I pick it up and go home.

Bet they still will be out and about.

I will need to go out and shop for food, no car and neighbours are elderly so it's up to me to do it for myself. I will also have to go collect the cat's prescription from the vet. My vet is offering to post but if Delilah's
kidney meds got losto_Oo_O so phone pay arrive phone them and they come out and leave at the back door and I pick it up and go home.

I agree Donna some trips out are essential.

I went out this morning, we all kept a distance between ourselves & others with most people smiling or nodding to the shop staff rather than talking. It's a lovely day & being outside makes me feel better but thousands have abused the privilege denied to millions in mainland Europe & will be squealing within the next couple of days when we enter lockdown.

I've experienced this in the S/market (other thread)

When I saw the news last night, those fecking eejits in London/Wales/Lakes all in snogging distance cos they wanted a slushie, made me feel afraid inside cos they are spreading it. Then there will be lockdown/nhs meltdown. I've been limiting my news for a couple of weeks now. Police need powers. The UK is retarded in it's actions here just cos of politics.

I wish I had a northern/sensible/no nonsense auntie at the end of the phone. Geordie accents are great anyhow but are so soothing. Ditto Yorkshire/Ireland etc.

I went out this morning, we all kept a distance between ourselves & others with most people smiling or nodding to the shop staff rather than talking. It's a lovely day & being outside makes me feel better but thousands have abused the privilege denied to millions in mainland Europe & will be squealing within the next couple of days when we enter lockdown.
Indeed. And it's all their fault. Sorry but selfish *****

We are self employed & rely on being able to mail out goods mostly on a daily basis to make money. Double trouble. We don't have a pension every week or benefits/sick pay that the employed get. Government haven't thought of that. I really don't want to start ringing the anxiety bell & I try to be private on here about bad things. I'll stop now.

Indeed. And it's all their fault. Sorry but selfish *****

We are self employed & rely on being able to mail out goods mostly on a daily basis to make money. Double trouble. We don't have a pension every week or benefits/sick pay that the employed get. Government haven't thought of that. I really don't want to start ringing the anxiety bell & I try to be private on here about bad things. I'll stop now.
Oh Sis, that's such a worry. Isn't there any help being offered? My Mr T was a bank manager, a very nice one with some wonderful customers, & he's said how many will be affected; that our small companies & self employed people are a vital part of the country's economy so need help NOW.

What's the windows mite?
Widow's mite - Mark 12:41-44 It's the bible story of a poor widow who gave all the money she had (two mites) when the rich worshippers gave far more just to show how wealthy they were. The message is that it's what's in a person's heart, not their outward appearance, that matters most to God. I went to Sunday school & I've always remembered this little story, to me it shows that human beings have always been the same.

Widow's mite - Mark 12:41-44 It's the bible story of a poor widow who gave all the money she had (two mites) when the rich worshippers gave far more just to show how wealthy they were. The message is that it's what's in a person's heart, not their outward appearance, that matters most to God. I went to Sunday school & I've always remembered this little story, to me it shows that human beings have always been the same.

Oops, I misread as windows mite!! Now I understand.

Between Q and Arsebook you would be hard pushed to know the country is in crisis.

Showing the Dyson airwrap thing at £500 is crass considering how many businesses have been shut down. Normally I don’t give a fig what people spend their money on but perhaps a little thought might go a long way.
I can't believe the tv ads - supermarket offers, holidays galore, travel insurance not to forget the ubiquitous life insurance, equity release & funeral plans.

Carol V creeping around like the grim reaper.

Now I know it’s only a TV ad but you would wonder who thought that her telling the couple with their house up for sale, that neighbour x and neighbour y and couple z have given up the equity in their house to enable them to live. In RL wouldn’t you just love your business plastered around by a big mouth.

Someone calling for Andi Peters to do a show to “cheer us all up”. C albloody M .
After the appalling scenes of supermarket shelves being cleared of even the most basic items & reading that people have been seen taking donated food from food bank donation boxes I hope that his disgusting & wasteful habit of throwing food will no longer tolerated. In addition I suggest that the person making this ridiculous suggestion uses the the next three weeks to study basic grammar techniques, what an idiot.
'We want a show with Andy peters this week... he will cheer everyone up and show us things we actually want to buy self isolating.....start the campaign ...bring Andy back now.... Mandy and Esther'

After the appalling scenes of supermarket shelves being cleared of even the most basic items & reading that people have been seen taking donated food from food bank donation boxes I hope that his disgusting & wasteful habit of throwing food will no longer tolerated. In addition I suggest that the person making this ridiculous suggestion uses the the next three weeks to study basic grammar techniques, what an idiot.
'We want a show with Andy peters this week... he will cheer everyone up and show us things we actually want to buy self isolating.....start the campaign ...bring Andy back now.... Mandy and Esther'

I am both amazed & sadly accepting of how stupid people are. It unnerves me somewhat. We can protect ourselves from all sorts to a degree, but how so, from so many dumb fucktards, congregating en masse & then wafting badness like ugly yellow smoke.
I'm sweary due to huge despondency about human nature. What the f*** happened? Actually, I can answer that but not now.

Latest posts

Back