Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh dear this sounds unnecessarily arduous!

I don’t have and as far as aware no need to have gmail account to be on WhatsApp?!

Also WhatsApp is mainly a phone messaging service - albeit using WiFi as opposed to phone signal - and my iPad isn’t that old but still don’t think I could get it on there...

Hope you now have it it’s easy to use it should be!

My beloved grandad died a year ago this month aged 92yo but he managed to master FaceTime and WhatsApp etc easily so it is possible ;)
Tended to leave his phone off and at home but that’s another issue LOL!
Well I was surprised about the gmail account but I had to set one up before I could download the app. And I spoke to a friend who also needed a gmail account before she could get something else and that was being done for her by an assistant in a phone store as she needed help with something. So I now have that and am using WhatsApp on my phone. Maybe it is some kind of tie in with whoever owns all these things because they have been merging or buying each other out haven't they? Anyway, I am sorted!

I read that but as I never watch morning TV other than the news and even then it is usually the radio I had no idea what she said and if it was good, bad or taken totally out of context.
I’ll know it’s bad when I resort to watching HollyW or Ruth & Eamon - there are plenty of repeats of Homes under the hammer:D
Well I watched Peirs Morgan a couple times this week and have to say I was shocked actually agreed with him on somethings.

Well I was surprised about the gmail account but I had to set one up before I could download the app. And I spoke to a friend who also needed a gmail account before she could get something else and that was being done for her by an assistant in a phone store as she needed help with something. So I now have that and am using WhatsApp on my phone. Maybe it is some kind of tie in with whoever owns all these things because they have been merging or buying each other out haven't they? Anyway, I am sorted!
I thought Whats app was tied in to Facebook.

I reuse to download Whatsapp ever!

There was a post on the money-saving site from someone who was freaking out over the government being able to track your phone. Hence they had a very old mobile etc. It was pointed out if you have nothing to hide why worry, it's like there is a theory that Microsoft and the government can dip into and out of our device and see what you have been up to emails etc. All those endless emails from QVC must have them sweating🙄

Re the government tracking my phone, mine hardly ever goes out anywhere! I only have it when meeting friends in case of traffic issues. I never take it to the theatre (my main outings) because I know, just know, that even if I think it is totally switched off some little gremlins will get in there and it will go off! And I will become that person about whom I am always making snitty comments, or glowering at in the darkness.

Judging by recent posts regarding £5 off for new customers which not working (surprise surprise) they are getting a load of new customers who are locked in and have nothing better to do.

It won’t end well!

To our wonderful QVC community​
ContactCentre0330_sp.gif

I contacted you last week to let you know that we were taking steps to protect our passionate and committed team members, whilst doing our very best to inspire, entertain and serve you in the way you would expect and I wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update.

The health and welfare of our people is of the utmost importance and alongside cancelling all non-essential travel, we are using technology to facilitate remote working, ensuring as many of our team members can work from home wherever possible. We've recently made significant reductions to the number of contact centre agents working in our Customer Operations Centre. We also have lower staff levels in our Distribution Centre. Though this reduction may cause some slight interruption to service levels, it allows for even greater social spacing for those team members who remain in our facility to serve you, further minimising health risks of our committed staff. As a way to mitigate some of these challenges, we’ve begun to join forces with our QVC US Order Services Team, who will be gradually increasing their ability to take QVC UK orders by phone (though this will take a few weeks to get back to typical service levels).

During this challenging period there are some things we’d ask of you to help us serve you better. We are encouraging customers to place an order by using Q-Cut, our automated phone ordering (by dialling 0800 51 41 31), on our website at qvcuk.com or our mobile app as much as they possibly can. We are also asking customers where it is possible, to email us with any customer care enquires by clicking on the 'Contact Us' part of our website. You can also find out information regarding your order by using the 'My Account' feature on-line.

I truly appreciate your support and understanding of the direction we are taking, and as always, we are so grateful that you continue to allow us to be in your company and continue cultivating our relationship with you.

I hope you and your loved ones remain healthy and safe.

Sincerely,
Rob Muller, CEO

I received this email last night but read this morning. So they want us all to use good old QCUT not the app on the website. I admit I used to use it over the others as orders actually used to go through! Expect delays in orders as it looks like there are staff in the warehouse who is off ill. They can dress it up saying looking after staff but the royal mail is desperate at the moment for sorting staff due to so many being off ill.

'I don’t no if you can help me but this is a bit of a weird one I’ve ordered a ipad for a children but then I’ve cancelled it thinking I won’t receive the item until after I’ve made the last instalment 🤦🏼‍♀️ but the first payment has already left my bank is there any way I can un cancel it without having to pay again x'
I've read this twice & it's like patting head & rubbing tummy. Why do people get themselves into such a tangle?

I tell you what, if ithey’re worried about an overpriced stuffed bear having Coronavirus..........we’re all doomed! 😂😂😂

People watching QVC for the first time, because it’s only people having to stay at home that are doing this apparently, they can’t turn the channel over after 5.30pm when they get home, but imagine clapping eyes on Claire Sutton for the first time, the way she talks and acts they’ll think it’s shopping telling for the under fives.

ContactCentre0330_sp.gif

I contacted you last week to let you know that we were taking steps to protect our passionate and committed team members, whilst doing our very best to inspire, entertain and serve you in the way you would expect and I wanted to take a moment to provide you with an update.

The health and welfare of our people is of the utmost importance and alongside cancelling all non-essential travel, we are using technology to facilitate remote working, ensuring as many of our team members can work from home wherever possible. We've recently made significant reductions to the number of contact centre agents working in our Customer Operations Centre. We also have lower staff levels in our Distribution Centre. Though this reduction may cause some slight interruption to service levels, it allows for even greater social spacing for those team members who remain in our facility to serve you, further minimising health risks of our committed staff. As a way to mitigate some of these challenges, we’ve begun to join forces with our QVC US Order Services Team, who will be gradually increasing their ability to take QVC UK orders by phone (though this will take a few weeks to get back to typical service levels).

During this challenging period there are some things we’d ask of you to help us serve you better. We are encouraging customers to place an order by using Q-Cut, our automated phone ordering (by dialling 0800 51 41 31), on our website at qvcuk.com or our mobile app as much as they possibly can. We are also asking customers where it is possible, to email us with any customer care enquires by clicking on the 'Contact Us' part of our website. You can also find out information regarding your order by using the 'My Account' feature on-line.

I truly appreciate your support and understanding of the direction we are taking, and as always, we are so grateful that you continue to allow us to be in your company and continue cultivating our relationship with you.

Sincerely,
Rob Muller, CEO

I received this email last night but read this morning. So they want us all to use good old QCUT not the app on the website. I admit I used to use it over the others as orders actually used to go through! Expect delays in orders as it looks like there are staff in the warehouse who is off ill. They can dress it up saying looking after staff but the royal mail is desperate at the moment for sorting staff due to so many being off ill.

New email this morning - they got the Qcut phone number wrong! Good job it’s by email costing nothing, imagine if the were going as Boris and using post x 2.

'I don’t no if you can help me but this is a bit of a weird one I’ve ordered a ipad for a children but then I’ve cancelled it thinking I won’t receive the item until after I’ve made the last instalment 🤦🏼‍♀️ but the first payment has already left my bank is there any way I can un cancel it without having to pay again x'
I've read this twice & it's like patting head & rubbing tummy. Why do people get themselves into such a tangle?
'Ordered a ipad'......gives me hiccups saying that. Didn't these people attend school? Do they know it's FREE to attend?
Do all the Dumbos congregate at Q? What does that say about the Q demographic? Blimey, am I included ? Wonder if other shops have such shite written on their sites by these doofusses?

ContactCentre0330_sp.gif

Sincerely,
Rob Muller, CEO

Loads of the sorting is done automatically also

'Ordered a ipad'......gives me hiccups saying that. Didn't these people attend school? Do they know it's FREE to attend?
Do all the Dumbos congregate at Q? What does that say about the Q demographic? Blimey, am I included ? Wonder if other shops have such shite written on their sites by these doofusses?
🥴 Occasionally. Probably not. Defo. Made up of thickos. Possibly (like the rest of us). No.

Latest posts

Back