Key Workers?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

we have to get some solace from somewhere enjoy your Yankees I sure will x
I am hoping that my final AD set from the TSV will manage to get to me next week. Posted today. That will keep my spirits up! (It doesn't take much, lol.)

we have to get some solace from somewhere enjoy your Yankees I sure will x
I was "got" by bl00dy predictive text. For eventing, please read scenting. I know I am not alone in this forum in having a good stack of YC available to burn for light.

I was "got" by bl00dy predictive text. For eventing, please read scenting. I know I am not alone in this forum in having a good stack of YC available to burn for light.
Do you find that the predictive text has become ridiculous, I’m getting words picked from nowhere and changed to words which don’t even exist plus capitals all over the place.

Dose anyone else find it difficult to keep track of the day and date when no normal structure and routine?
I've only just read this, probably because I don't really follow time anymore. I retired in December 2017 & haven't worn a watch since. I know what day it is but unless it's an important one I'm not bothered by the date - I get text reminders for hair appts & emails for ones with the dentist. In normal times Tuesday mornings are Slimming World, with Wednesdays & Thursdays during term time spent looking after our granddaughter. When I was at work the students would have a philosophical question to discuss in tutor time, we looked at time & decided that the ancient Egyptians & Babylonians were clever but it was unfortunate that we're so controlled by their systems. For me one of the best aspects about being retired is having time to stand still, breathe & look at the sky.

I never seem to know what day of the week it is as there are no workdays or shopping day or weekends . It’s very disconcerting and wonder if that is how the onset of early dementia feels like.

I wake up every morning look at the cat and say out loud today is (fill in day), the for the rest of the seem to think it is a different day.

I was on the phone with a friend this morning and she asked me "What day is it? When is Easter?" I nearly said it was Sunday but caught on, and next Friday is Good Friday.

My Mr T starts every morning with "Day (fill in number) in the Big Brother house". If this lockdown is lifted at the end of May that'll be 69 days of that cheerful little message!
Bryan starts every day with a 6.35am nose to nose stare over the duvet and that "why are you still in bed, it's time I was down the field" cold, hard stare :LOL: I love my dog, he really is keeping me sane and there's no one around at 6.40am so off we go. I have seen some lovely sunrises this past week.

CC

I am never 100% sure what day it is. I was totally convinced today was either Monday or Tuesday so it was a nice surprise to get the Sunday paper! I am treating this lockdown as a marvellous opportunity to catch up on box sets, like the Walter Presents shows on All4 and all the theatre streaming they are planning as I have at least 6 theatre tickets I won't get to use. But I am determined to chillax so I am not going to get in a snit about whether I get a refund or not. If I do, great, if not it can count as a donation! I decided to watch the 13 episodes in series 3 of Professor T, only to discover I hadn't watched series 2 so must now watch 26 episodes. Also, series 1-9 of Spooks are online and they are showing the movie on Saturday. I mean I literally cannot keep up with it all! I quite fancy rewatching The Tudors as well, a bit of JRM never goes amiss.

I read that Waitrose staff have been told to repay the wages they get for self isolation or make up the time! I sent them an email asking whether this was true and pointing out it hardly meets their much vaunted ethical standards, not to mention promoting non compliance with government health regulations if staff come in to make sure they get to keep their money. Has anyone else seen this or know if it is true?

I read that Waitrose staff have been told to repay the wages they get for self isolation or make up the time! I sent them an email asking whether this was true and pointing out it hardly meets their much vaunted ethical standards, not to mention promoting non compliance with government health regulations if staff come in to make sure they get to keep their money. Has anyone else seen this or know if it is true?
No, not seen such a report. Is it on a reliable news source?

The Waitrose policy has been reversed and an apology made for getting it wrong, according to the BBC website. It doesn't mention my email, but I am sure it played a crucial part!
Please use your influence to get rid of the so-called head of WHO, the man's ineptitude is criminal.

Latest posts

Back