Micheal Perry's Garden TSV 10/04/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Is it just me or is that BA for grumpy Gardner very Del Boy (original not DF).

Hate his demos where the weeds are shoved in new soil.

Know just what you mean have bought replacement dahlias on ebay and they come much quicker fingers x

Just received plants 2 garden delivery which was on advanced orders. Perfectly packed with the plants in a tray which was secured to the box packed tightly so couldn’t move.

Plants in good order. See it can be done.

such a shame the deliveries were so poor and the prices are far far far too much.

Our garden centres opened today but from what I saw on TV the cars are queued for a mile. Not sure if smallish ones would have much stock as they wouldn’t have known when they would be allowed to open.

My pinks arrived yesterday. They were in pretty good condition and looked very healthy. Just Richard Jackson's Begonias to arrive.

I'd forgotten about RJ's begonias but I did get an email a week or so ago to say they'd be late so maybe waiting until they're a bit more robust before sending.

CC

I
I'd forgotten about RJ's begonias but I did get an email a week or so ago to say they'd be late so maybe waiting until they're a bit more robust before sending.

CC
I had a recorded message on my phone to say they would be despatched w/c 18th May so that's this week hopefully. Who knows though

love Begonias in particularly the Apricot shades I have to really check myself from buying them every year with dark blue trailing lobelia its a show stopping arrangement

boffy snap just put apricot shades in basket with dark blue lobelia they look great when in full flower

Still not received my order, just rang CS only to be told they will send me a letter to claim my refund as I should have received them last week! Pathetic considering I ordered them on the 10th April

love Begonias in particularly the Apricot shades I have to really check myself from buying them every year with dark blue trailing lobelia its a show stopping arrangement
I've never had much success with the apricot shades but I love lobelia. I can't actually remember what type of begonias I ordered from Richard, were they apricot? I got some begonia tubers free from somewhere and I chucked them in a bit of compost as I thought I'd never get them to grow but what do you know? They are huge so they will be going out today - sun here at last, nearly warm enough for shorts. Nearly.

CC

I bought the perfumed begonias which came as plugs (not as described) but in good condition so I potted them into slightly bigger pots.
I also ordered trailing (my favourite) ones but I think they are supposed to be smaller size so goodness knows what actual size they would be.
For me these plugs are coming far too late to pot on and the harden off before they can go into final pots. Buying from garden centres they are ready to be planted out at end of May these won’t even have been received.
Read my lips ...... never again - if no garden centres open I’ll do without. Nowhere here to buy plants other than garden places but at the start of this the thought of house arrest with no summer containers was too much to contemplate.

I’m still waiting for the Miracle Gro compost ordered on 10th April, which I no longer need and have tried to cancel. It’s apparently due by 22nd May. When it arrives I’ve been told to ring them and they will refund me but apparently I can then keep the compost as I don’t want it. I hope that bit of my last conversation with CS has been kept on record.

I bought the perfumed begonias which came as plugs (not as described) but in good condition so I potted them into slightly bigger pots.
I also ordered trailing (my favourite) ones but I think they are supposed to be smaller size so goodness knows what actual size they would be.
For me these plugs are coming far too late to pot on and the harden off before they can go into final pots. Buying from garden centres they are ready to be planted out at end of May these won’t even have been received.
Read my lips ...... never again - if no garden centres open I’ll do without. Nowhere here to buy plants other than garden places but at the start of this the thought of house arrest with no summer containers was too much to contemplate.
I think qvc have been rather dishonest but what's new! the overselling of plugs plants that are thrown in boxes without adequate packaging is a disgrace. I hope all those dissatisfied ask for full refunds so that QVC will have to amend there sales pitch and delivery

Latest posts

Back