Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I do laugh when they make the Thermospot sound like it’s new Technology.

But pans including Thermospot were around in the days of Greg and Max and Annette Baker Malpas

Although it's no doubt been a good marketing thing for them, I'd love to know what % of Tefal pan owners actually use it :) I suspect quite a low %.

I have to admit I've bought a few Tefal pans over the years but have never (and I mean never) used the thermo spot :) not saying it doesn't do what it's supposed to and might be useful for others, I've just never had a need to and no, I'm not a culinary expert!

Yeah it's back to this thing of convincing us why we need these specific pans, so they'll lay it on thick about struggling to find pans in their cluttered cupboards, how the thermo spot saved them spoiling a £100 steak etc etc. So transparent.

And you've hit the nail on the head. Whilst things like non-stick might save the rubbish cook compared to non non-stick pans, if you struggle with the basics cooking wise then different cooking pans and utensils won't make much if any difference.

If you have a good quality steak for example, all I do is put it in a little oil over a medium heat and turn it every 2-3 mins until it's done to my liking. I reckon I could do this in a £10 pan or a £100 pan and the steak would be just as enjoyable, because the 'taste' is coming from the steak, nowt to do with the pan :) even all this talk of cold spots etc, if you manage the food whilst it's in the pan (e.g. turn and/or stir now and again) it'll come out just fine, trust me :)

I never use the the thermo spot either, depending what i'm cooking will depend on the heat i'm using, some low and slow, some high and fast, how does the thermos spot know when it's at the temp i'm needing for my cooking style, it doesn't, just like we all like our food differently, some like well and some like things rare.
Personally most of the meat cooked on Ideal World always looks under cooked for my taste.

I would agree with non-stick helps, but that's more in the cleaning up stage. :ROFLMAO:

For me the most important thing about a pan is picking the right type and size pan for the job, not whether it stacks well or has a thermo spot.

Paul (The stupid noise guy) – “you know what, we do live TV 20 hours a day, we started this morning at 7am, then we go on to 3am, you go: no you don’t you go off at midnight, we do on Ideal World then we go over to ITV at midnight when the last show finishes and go through to 3am, so if you’re ever having a tough night switch to ITV.”

I’ve a question for you Paul, if Ideal world shuts at 12am and we have to switch to ITV to watch you, how come I am able to watch after 12am when I can’t get ITV? I’ll tell you why Paul, cause what you just said is a load of rubbish, Ideal World channel doesn’t shut down at midnight, it’s still on. Why do they make it sound as though the ITV shows are something separate and special, it’s just the Ideal world shows being shown being shown on the Ideal world Channel and on ITV at the same time between 12am & 3am, it’s just a way for ITV to fill the after midnight schedule and make money off it. Nothing special about being on ITV these days Paul, it's well past it's glory days.

Huawei phone mike done his normal, well it’s got this and that, and said it is probably worth 1,500.

Price ended up being 149.99.

Went over to Grant who instantly said one of his family members told him yesterday, it is the phone he really wants.

Poor Grant he was fine at first, but since enrolled in the IW Course for talking BS.

I caught some of the Huawei P40 presentation last night. What I missed was any reference to the lack of Google and its services on Huawei phones during what I saw. I own the P40 Pro, and whilst it is a great phone overall, the lack of things like some key Google apps and other non-Google ones that won't function (Fitbit and a number of the TV players for example) is a real hassle to try to work around. Still, perhaps Mr. Mike and Mr Grant made this problem clear after I had fallen asleep watching them?

I caught some of the Huawei P40 presentation last night. What I missed was any reference to the lack of Google and its services on Huawei phones during what I saw. I own the P40 Pro, and whilst it is a great phone overall, the lack of things like some key Google apps and other non-Google ones that won't function (Fitbit and a number of the TV players for example) is a real hassle to try to work around. Still, perhaps Mr. Mike and Mr Grant made this problem clear after I had fallen asleep watching them?
Wasnt mentioned

Paul (The stupid noise guy) – “you know what, we do live TV 20 hours a day, we started this morning at 7am, then we go on to 3am, you go: no you don’t you go off at midnight, we do on Ideal World then we go over to ITV at midnight when the last show finishes and go through to 3am, so if you’re ever having a tough night switch to ITV.”

I’ve a question for you Paul, if Ideal world shuts at 12am and we have to switch to ITV to watch you, how come I am able to watch after 12am when I can’t get ITV? I’ll tell you why Paul, cause what you just said is a load of rubbish, Ideal World channel doesn’t shut down at midnight, it’s still on. Why do they make it sound as though the ITV shows are something separate and special, it’s just the Ideal world shows being shown being shown on the Ideal world Channel and on ITV at the same time between 12am & 3am, it’s just a way for ITV to fill the after midnight schedule and make money off it. Nothing special about being on ITV these days Paul, it's well past it's glory days.

I remember on one of the collectible shows being hosted by Rob LockE a couple of months back, he was saying as much as he could to distance the 'ITV show' as he put it from the preceding IW show. Trying to put it across that the ITV show was distinctly different, a show in its own right and in a sense 'separate' from IW (aye okay then Rob), and they hoped to build it with email read outs, maybe even phone-ins and giveaways ... how very 1980's (minus the email obviously!) Was obviously trying to give it and perhaps himself more cachet :)

Himself and the collectibles guy have created a (Gmail, how very professional!) email address for folk to use if you want to request certain items and they'll do their best to source them. Watched a few mins last night and they couldn't get the address to display properly on the screen :) part of me wonders if there was method in the production teams madness i.e. maybe IW don't want them showing email addresses other than IW ones ... even though after 1am it's very much just an ITV show :) :)

I watched half the Collectable show last night, as I collect but I’m not sure about how much there pieces cost

I only did a brief comparison with other collectable retailers and let's put it this way, I don't think anyone's getting a bargain buying from IW, much of the stuff seems to be priced at comparable levels with other sellers.

I remember on one of the collectible shows being hosted by Rob LockE a couple of months back, he was saying as much as he could to distance the 'ITV show' as he put it from the preceding IW show. Trying to put it across that the ITV show was distinctly different, a show in its own right and in a sense 'separate' from IW (aye okay then Rob), and they hoped to build it with email read outs, maybe even phone-ins and giveaways ... how very 1980's (minus the email obviously!) Was obviously trying to give it and perhaps himself more cachet :)

Himself and the collectibles guy have created a (Gmail, how very professional!) email address for folk to use if you want to request certain items and they'll do their best to source them. Watched a few mins last night and they couldn't get the address to display properly on the screen :) part of me wonders if there was method in the production teams madness i.e. maybe IW don't want them showing email addresses other than IW ones ... even though after 1am it's very much just an ITV show :) :)

I also remember them saying this was something new to TV, a collectables show, which as far as Rob knows, nobody did, but the guy, Gary the Guru has been on the TV Warehouse channel with Benham for years with his collectables show, although haven't noticed it for a wee while.

And yes, they do make it sound like the ITV show is a separate, different show, exclusively live on ITV, except of course it's also live on their own channel so not exactly exclusive to ITV. But as I said, I don't get ITV here, but can still see the so called ITV only show on the Ideal world channel, and it's just a regular IW show except the reference to ITV every 5 seconds.

Apart from collecting watches, not really into collecting pictures signed by folk, and certainly not into paying a few hundred for the privilege, I do have a signed football Jersey of the team I support, but that's more a souvenir rather than a collectible item. :)

I’m sure a while ago, they were selling some kinda Collectables one off, it was in a basket, and Rob was like, if you want this item, order it, as I was looking at it myself.

He has recently been doing some Shows on Create and Craft, spends Most of the time talking about USA and his overnight shows

Wasnt mentioned
If so, that's unforgivable really. That is KEY information to allow potential buyers to make an informed choice whether to purchase or not. Many look at Google and its various services as very important, and unless particularly well informed about phones, would make a natural assumption they would be there. All I did see was a message box imposed onto the phone's screen on their website advert for the Huawei making brief mention of the fact. If they think that's enough, it isn't.

Yes he said The same last night, he must work from a script.

Apple IPhone Special on Tuesday, it will be the only phone you ever want.

I notice on Tuesday they have Anti Bacterial Bedding POTD Guess they will tell you it is guaranteed to protect you from Covid, and that if you go away for the night at a familys, or a Skanky Hotel, you can protect your self

Latest posts

Back