Christmas Gift Ideas TSV 17/08/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lord help us from Q`s idea of what constitutes a Christmas gift. Either cheap tat or overpriced face slap or gaudy light up gizmos or second mortgage priced Dyson hair thingies.
They`ll wheel out the usual noisy battery powered game whatsit and Charlie will be glowing with fake excitement and there`ll be a multi set of nail polishes in a genuine fake leather see through bag and JF will be ecstatic because Porchester Sq will be included.
Or there`ll be a wotnot for removing the fluff off your top lip but it will be a worthy wotnot suitable as a Christmas gift for old Aunty Ethel and her facial hair problem because the said wotnot will have 2 genuine fake swarovski crystals on the handle.
Plus the ideal gift for Uncle Jim and his flatulent bowels. A multi pack of Poo Pourri complete with a plastic sleigh to keep them in and will look a treat on the toilet windowsill.
The list goes on and you can rest assured your frozen meat will arrive in time for Christmas 2022 and the 12 mince pies at 10 quid a pop will be guaranteed to have at least a teaspoon of brandy in each box full and don`t start your New Year diet until all the Thorntons are eaten because the expiry date will probably be February so get a rush on and scoff the lot !

As it’s their Christmas in July this Friday and now there’s a Christmas gift ideas TSV in August, I’ll hazard a guess that they’ll be ramming the festive season down our throats every five minutes until the day itself. 😳

Or perhaps those patterned tins of biscuits that cost a fortune and have hardly any biscuits in them. That dark-haired brand ambassador drools over them - gives me the heebie jeebies 😱
Those biscuits just look ****** boring. Remember those tins that played Land of Hope and Glory? Our friend from France was visiting and it was on the TV and he nearly fell off his perch laughing. If he thought the Brits were mad before, he now thinks we're lunatics :LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I bought him some for his Christmas :devilish:

CC

Lord help us from Q`s idea of what constitutes a Christmas gift. Either cheap tat or overpriced face slap or gaudy light up gizmos or second mortgage priced Dyson hair thingies.
They`ll wheel out the usual noisy battery powered game whatsit and Charlie will be glowing with fake excitement and there`ll be a multi set of nail polishes in a genuine fake leather see through bag and JF will be ecstatic because Porchester Sq will be included.
Or there`ll be a wotnot for removing the fluff off your top lip but it will be a worthy wotnot suitable as a Christmas gift for old Aunty Ethel and her facial hair problem because the said wotnot will have 2 genuine fake swarovski crystals on the handle.
Plus the ideal gift for Uncle Jim and his flatulent bowels. A multi pack of Poo Pourri complete with a plastic sleigh to keep them in and will look a treat on the toilet windowsill.
The list goes on and you can rest assured your frozen meat will arrive in time for Christmas 2022 and the 12 mince pies at 10 quid a pop will be guaranteed to have at least a teaspoon of brandy in each box full and don`t start your New Year diet until all the Thorntons are eaten because the expiry date will probably be February so get a rush on and scoff the lot !

If there's a band wagon to jump on..the shopping channels will jump on it, but to be fair to QVC they've been doing their "Christmas in July" slot for yonks. We know the present ideas will range from power tools, go through kitchen gadgets, irons, soft furnishings, hair and beauty gadgets, jewellery and finish up with random bits n bobs like candles and keyrings - There'll be something for everybody, all bases will be covered, even bases you didn't even know were there (the postman's sister for example) They'll all have something in common - They'll be cheaper elsewhere.
As well as the highlighted facial hair wotnot, there'll be a gadget to tone up your slack jawline - Charming gift to open on xmas morning from your loved one...Cheers mate (laughs to oneself as he's yet to open his poo pourri/plumbing for dummies combo).
This year I think maybe it's not a bad idea to squirrel a few pressies away early considering how this year's been so far - Christmas is gonna be even more mental than usual if we don't hit another spike - I don't fancy trying to Christmas shop with social distancing measures in place, nor do I want the stress of online shopping with late deliveries, 6 mile post office queues etc. There's bargains out there ...but not on Q!

Not forgetting Abbie Horne prancing between the pre-lit trees in 10 different heights and a choice of 50 lighting variations, while the Santa in his plane flies around the top of the tree, and Gill Gaunt across the studio telling us how to put presents in a bag that's never big enough :sneaky:

I like that Santa in his plane :giggle: If there's one thing I don't need it's Christmas decorations, I have collected so many over the years and there's no place for more.

This year, the first year for many, mum has agreed that Mr CC and I go to her house this Christmas as my sibling and her family are doing their own thing. I'm hoping it will be a low key affair with some good family time, some laughs and not spending a fortune. As the grandchildren (hers) are all grown up now we're going to make it all about the dogs who still act like excited children when the presents come out and a dog sized turkey dinner gets wolfed down in 2.6 nano seconds. Should be fun.

CC

Simon Biagi, annoying as ever, kept interrupting Sara Davies with the Christmas card crafting kit saying it would make a great Christmas gift. Of course it would. You’d want to sit down on Christmas morning to make your cards and then distribute them.

I confess I have already bought a few Christmas presents only because during lockdown there were some real bargains to be found online and some good discounts. I was housebound for most of the time and it gave me something to focus on. Sad I know but it was either online pressie shopping or head in the fridge or cupboard looking for more stuff to eat. I can`t afford a new wardrobe of clothes in bigger sizes so the pressie shopping won!

I don't blame people at all for starting early and the Xmas rush is certainly less than appealing this year whether that is through covid or because you're still on crutches 😂. What I can't bear is the endless supply of tat. And please God let this NOT include that ****** awful board game which buzzes all the time. I am so fraught when it kicks off I have never actually heard what the rules of the game are!

Simon Biagi, annoying as ever, kept interrupting Sara Davies with the Christmas card crafting kit saying it would make a great Christmas gift. Of course it would. You’d want to sit down on Christmas morning to make your cards and then distribute them.
Wish I'd seen that. I'm surprised the ever bossy boots (more than Ms Cleeve) didn't bop him on the head for interrupting and stub him out like a used cigarette

Each to their own but the only nod to C is the holiday brochures I have been looking at over the last few days.First I have to assure myself I can get the insurance cover!For years we went away abroad for Christmas and met so many people who had said to friends and family we are going to (?) leaving it all behind.Now I am on my own I want to do something different, but joining in Christmas in July is not one of them.

I'll be on my own too. Since husband died in 2002 I've spent every Christmas morning on my own opening presents, aside from a couple when brother came to stay or the Christmas cruise to the Caribbean. I used to put up the decorations religiously, as Dad was alive to enjoy it, but I don't bother anymore, little point when there's only me. I do have fairy lights which are up all year, and Luminarc candles, so I get the enjoyment without it being Christmas. Not how I expected my later years to turn out, but we all have to play the cards we're dealt.

£140 to make 48 Christmas cards?? o_Oo_Oo_O No wonder she's Mrs Loadsamoney. Fair play to Ms Davies though, if people will pay it, why not charge it.

CC

I’ve only ever seen her on Dragons Den but her presentations today I’ve found exhausting. Nothing like the previous presentations from say Dawn Bibby, Rosemary Merry, Leonie and Anna Griffin etc.

I'll be on my own too. Since husband died in 2002 I've spent every Christmas morning on my own opening presents, aside from a couple when brother came to stay or the Christmas cruise to the Caribbean. I used to put up the decorations religiously, as Dad was alive to enjoy it, but I don't bother anymore, little point when there's only me. I do have fairy lights which are up all year, and Luminarc candles, so I get the enjoyment without it being Christmas. Not how I expected my later years to turn out, but we all have to play the cards we're dealt.
Absolutely agree Brissles this Christmas flurry fills us with ‘we are not part of this’ but there are more alternatives out there than ever before.I am used to travelling alone but appreciate it is not everyone’s cup of tea.I. I might be here? If I am I will be in Booths stocking up with food and wine, I am so lucky I do not have to worry if I am going to be out of work next week, the pensions, which I have worked for keep paying in, house is mine.Have hard knocks in life, not got the family and grandchildren but that is what life has dealt me and make the best of it.I remember Mum & Dad with great affection but they had a good life I did not have a loving partner to miss, I have peace and and a feeling I have done my best!

Latest posts

Back