Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter S, when selling a bonded leather chair (you know, the really expensive leather) the other night, told a story of how he often can't get comfortable at night so comes downstairs for a little while. Saying how the chair would be ideal for scenarios like that. Fine.
Last time I saw them selling the bonded leather lumps they never once mentioned the words 'leather' or 'bonded', but at the same time on-screen they were also promoting a "Leather Care Kit"...or in other words, heavily implying that they were selling real leather furniture even though they weren't. However they're now mentioning "Bonded Leather" on screen so they must have received complaints about what they did.

That lanky streak of piss, Jack, is on now with the rotisserie oven. He's another one who mustn't get fed at home as he barely puts the food on the plate before he's shovelling it in his gob.
On the subject of the rotisserie oven, they seem to be pushing it to the elderly viewer with its LARGE DIGITAL DISPLAY. However Jess is wittering on about how expensive it must be to heat up a whole oven when there's only one of you, why not buy this which she's telling you is so small and compact. But in the same breath she then tells us how large the capacity is and it can feed six people. So which is it? Small and compact or spacious with a huge capacity?

Didn't see this show, but on others they often say that you're wasting money with normal ovens as they take 20 mins to heat up while these little ovens heat up instantly. I don't know what type of ovens IW presenters use, but mine heats up very quick, I can cook from frozen, Iceland chicken strips and French Fries chips in the 20 minutes it takes them to warm their ovens. :)

I remember when they had the Actifry hours, and they used to count out how many spoons of oil you so say need to set your roasting try aswimming to roast your vegetables.

i notice they no longer use Paul Brodels books all the time.

Didn't see this show, but on others they often say that you're wasting money with normal ovens as they take 20 mins to heat up while these little ovens heat up instantly. I don't know what type of ovens IW presenters use, but mine heats up very quick, I can cook from frozen, Iceland chicken strips and French Fries chips in the 20 minutes it takes them to warm their ovens. :)
Yet again, a quick Google tells me modern ovens take 10-15 mins to heat up. In addition, the 'heat up' time need not be wasted, you can pop things in that just need a heat through or whatever.

As usual, when selling their table-top ovens, ALL other ovens are COMPLETE AND UTTER SH1TE!!!!!!!!!

:)

I just wish they would start selling some completely different products. I appreciate not all products are suitable for selly telly but come on, a constant merry-go-round of watches, mattresses, ebikes, clothes, cleaning products, keep fit, gardening etc becomes tiresome.

What about selling full size trampolines IW? What I'd give to see Peter S demonstrating one of those ... in a room with a low ceiling ;)

I absolutely love that saying, I really should start using it more myself, but it's frowned upon in the office these days for some reason
I actually said it a couple of months back on the phone to the car dealership when they rang me back over a complaint I had
Car Dealer "Do you know which of our salesmen actually sold you the car?"
Me " It was that lanky streak of piss, the dozy looking one. Wayne I think his name was."
Car Dealer "That'll be me then"

I was mortified 😂

Why do we need a case to protect and keep our drone safe, and what's with the play acting with dropping the case, thought these drones we're like Captain Scarlet, indestructible.

You get the same looking drones on ali, except they've 4K cameras. not just HD.

Look how stable it is with no hands, yeah sure, starts at his waist and slowly drifts over his head, next it veers off right, as Del would say what a plonker. :ROFLMAO:

How long before Martin says "whole wide world" An hour and a half of these 2, spiffing:rolleyes:
Oh no, my watch is haunted by PS:eek:
RphXFonl.jpg

Latest posts

Back