Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So, has anyone been in public toilets? I went into Victoria Square Belfast to use the ladies and they have the water turned off for the taps so you cannot wash your hands. Yes, going in you have to use hand sanitizer and leaving instead of washing your hands and it is the automatic taps you just wave your hands under for the water to start coming out and again only use hand sanitizer.

Personally I thought it ****** stupid and know I would rather wash my hands, I don't mind using the sanitizer as well after leaving the toilets. But I want to wash my hands with soap and water!

I was in the public loos at the seaside last week. There was no crowds like at Brighton and when I went they had shut one (of two) toilets and just had the disabled one open. The cleaner was in and there was no one else waiting so I went into a freshly cleaned loo. Automatic hand washers so you don't have to touch taps or anything. No stress, but there was a small queue later on. It was one in one out.

CC

CC were you the lady who asked me where the nearest public loos were the other day, looking very desperate? I was about to direct her but they were some dIstance away but she took off to the nearest cafe.Just as well because they were probably closed!

Loos are the reason I won’t venture out. meds make it bad enough normally - now it is a nightmare.

The car is going 3 weeks to the gallon and I‘m go 3 loos to the day.

CC were you the lady who asked me where the nearest public loos were the other day, looking very desperate? I was about to direct her but they were some dIstance away but she took off to the nearest cafe.Just as well because they were probably closed!
I doubt it was me Silver. I have my days out planned to precision with toilet breaks. I know where they are open and where they are not and I know which pubs are also open just as a Plan B (sad I know but I have been known to have to nip out the car behind a bush if things get tight :oops:)

Loos are the reason I won’t venture out. meds make it bad enough normally - now it is a nightmare.

The car is going 3 weeks to the gallon and I‘m go 3 loos to the day.
Those 'in charge' have no idea of what life is like outside their bubble. You're not the only one who has to factor in loo availability when away from home & not being able to find one at short notice is awful. What the hell is happening to us?

I am usually fine no going to the loos outside but it is a fact you get it in your head you need to go to have to. Even if you get into one and a drip comes out. :unsure:

One of my friends refuses to go into the city centre because she might need the loo.

Oh, M&S loos no problems and the taps and water work.

I used the loo in Sainbury's nothing changed there.

Personally I thought it ****** stupid and know I would rather wash my hands, I don't mind using the sanitizer as well after leaving the toilets. But I want to wash my hands with soap and water!

This is madness! What if you need to wash something off your hands after the loo (sorry, but it's life), or changing your hygiene towels! Hope they left the taps on in those toilets in the baby changing room.

Last edited:
I prefer to use hand sanitiser when I am out and about rather than the washbasin. Especially if it is an air dryer rather than towels. I think this is mainly because I was always in crowded theatre loos and just wanted out as quickly as possible rather than queuing for the basin!

I prefer to use hand sanitiser when I am out and about rather than the washbasin. Especially if it is an air dryer rather than towels. I think this is mainly because I was always in crowded theatre loos and just wanted out as quickly as possible rather than queuing for the basin!
I'm sorry to say this Mazza, I heard that bacteria harbor on the warm air dryer and then blow on our hands with air. Ever since I heard this I use paper or toilet paper to dry my hands.

I'm sorry to say this Mazza, I heard that bacteria harbor on the warm air dryer and then blow on our hands with air. Ever since I heard this I use paper or toilet paper to dry my hands.
Yes that's what I meant. I hate them. Especially blowing more hot air into a crowded poorly ventilated loo. Just what you need.

I have just had a visit from Eddie our Waitrose delivery driver. I was always a shop in store, we deliver customer until they stopped it for covid, and then I went down in the senior hour once a week. The supervisor Lisa hadn't seen me for weeks of course so as the service has resumed, she sent Eddie up to let me know. How thoughtful! I told him to thank her but say it may be a good few weeks before I get back down there!

I was thinking about this today and TBH if you think too much you won’t do or go anywhere.

Masks and gloves in supermarket - fine - get to checkout, handle your handbag to get your wallet, handle your wallet to get card and then all in reverse to put it away all with gloves or hands which has been all over everything. Out to car, hands again all over bags-for-life going into boot, open door hands all over handles and steering wheel and you aren’t even home yet!

By this point you have used a gallon of sanitizer or a pack of gloves and you need to do it all again if you dare to call at another shop.

I’m exhausted even thinking about it!

I am exhausted trying to get a dentist or get my regular check ups at the hospital or a drs appointment if Covid 19 does not kill me off first I have no doubt that the lack of NHS will...

Cartoon plane birth 117074900_10158.jpg

Try copperclothing.com. They've recently started selling masks with a copper component.

For washing masks, the easy way to do it is to spray it with Dew sanitiser.

Some on here may have remembered my posts about using Dew for hand sanitising and cleaning around the home (and some took the plunge and bought - hope you're still as happy as I am with it). Dew sells two products but only the Disinfect kills the viruses (the Superclean is the de-greaser version that kills most nasties but not all).

I've noticed lots of companies cropping up selling electrolysed water/hypochlorous acid recently. Several are selling on Boots.com for stupid prices (a tenner for a small bottle). Respro face masks sell a small bottle to disinfect their masks, too.

You'll still need to wash your masks to keep them clean of skin oils etc., but a spray of Dew on my hands before putting it on and taking it off and then a spray on the surfaces when it's off keeps me satisfied that I'm killing off any nasties that could get on my skin.
I have just ordered some Dew. Thanks for the info.

I've been out for the day with my sister, we went to a garden centre we'd never visited before (only lived here since 1965) & it was an oasis of calm. Wonderful plants, well organised tea room with delicious food, gift shop, children's garden & three other gardens that a tearoom receipt allowed you to access. Originally it was a landscape centre - paving & design ideas but grew & developed. With the exception of having to leave our contact details & wearing mask in the shop/waiting to be served in tea room we'd never have known that outside everything was still crazy. Oh, the loos were open as well 🌻🍰🥪☕🚽

Is the Dew sanitiser a liquid rather than a gel? I’ve ordered a couple of mister bottles and wasn’t sure what to use in them. If this is a liquid it sounds ideal.

It's an ultra-fine mist spray. I love mine - prefer it to the normal spray bottles for a lot of cleaning. The misters are meant as an air freshener but I find the fine mist easier to spray on surfaces, especially vertical ones. The mist clings better, has a better spread and doesn't run down.

I'm really surprised they don't charge more for the misters as I found it impossible to buy an empty mister for the same price as their full ones!

Did anyone see This Morning today? They had a product on the cleaning segment that is the same as Dew but more expensive. I'm finding a LOT of products made of hypochlorous water on the market these days but they're all more expensive than Dew. The This Morning product was Aquazzee by Eezzeeuk.com if anyone is interested.

Don't forget that of the two products Dew sell only the Disinfect will inactivate viruses. The Superclean is great for de-greasing and as an anti-bac product but won't kill viruses.

Also, after reading a few Tweets on the This Morning segment I came across one that dismisses the product as affecting our immune system. Hypochlorous acid is found in our bodies and has an almost instant kill rate so bugs can't develop resistance and it won't affect our natural immunity.

As I mentioned before, the loops were so long (they must have been catering for people with enormous heads) that I’d have needed to knot each loop numerous times. The nose fitting isn’t an issue because there is wire inside the mask which means it can be bent into a safe, secure position. The only option was to replace the loops with new ones which I dud yesterday and the masks are fine now. I still prefer the disposable masks though although they’re hardly the height of fashion.

Instead of just looping over the ears, twist the loops so the form an X between the mask and your ears (so what would be the bottom of the loop goes over the top of the ear).

Unless the dryer has an ultra-violet light as well as warm air.

Latest posts

Back