Dyson hair straightener reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

puffin48

Registered Shopper
My daughter says that 5 star reviews that appear on the QVC website for Dyson Hair Straighteners also appear on the Boots website with the same names. I wonder what is going on.

Apparently it says on the Boots website that the reviews are from Dyson but surely QVC would have to give permission to use other peoples reviews.

My daughter says that 5 star reviews that appear on the QVC website for Dyson Hair Straighteners also appear on the Boots website with the same names. I wonder what is going on.

Apparently it says on the Boots website that the reviews are from Dyson but surely QVC would have to give permission to use other peoples reviews.

I can't see any on Boots that appear on Q.

It also has that written on the Q's website. I had a look at both of them to find a matching pair but started to drown in all the syrupy gushing so gave up.

I have some GHD straighteners and they are fantastic had them years and would replace them with GHD again for 1/4 of the price of Dyson
I agree. Both my daughters & I have had ours for years & they've never let us down. I have the greatest respect for my hairdresser & she said they wouldn't use any other brand. As for those people who say they take their Dyson products to the salon, what tosh because any place worth its salt wouldn't use them due to insurance issues & under current rules they couldn't take them anyway.

I agree. Both my daughters & I have had ours for years & they've never let us down. I have the greatest respect for my hairdresser & she said they wouldn't use any other brand. As for those people who say they take their Dyson products to the salon, what tosh because any place worth its salt wouldn't use them due to insurance issues & under current rules they couldn't take them anyway.
just goes to show the rubbish the presenters spout

Imagine all the bin lids taking it to salon and having a strop when the hairdresser says no way Jose. Anyway if it’s so bliddy wonderful surely you don’t need the hairdresser at this price it must wash cut dry and curl/straighten all on its own.

They really need to be pulled up about this .

What the &&&&& does spaniel ears Kabler look like on the 2pm show. Her face is far far too small for the curtain of hair she normally wears but today it looks like a wet shaggy rug someone has plopped on her head.

I have some GHD straighteners and they are fantastic had them years and would replace them with GHD again for 1/4 of the price of Dyson
My straighteners broke on our cruise about 2 years ago. As we had left our last port I had to get some GHD's from the shop on the ship. They were the Rose Gold edition with a lovely bag to keep them in and at £84 I think I got a bargain.

I had a set of GHDs but they couldn't cope with my hair.

I replaced them with my L'Oreal Steampod straighteners (MkI - still going strong but I've only ever used distilled water in them).

GHDs wrecked my hair but I've used my Steampod every hair wash for 5 years and my hair is in much better condition than it ever was with GHD.

My gripe is the price now. There's a new version out that's slimmer and has an on-board water tank but I'm doubtful about them. I had a cheap set from Babyliss (I think) a few years ago that I'd bought for travel but they leaked from the start and the straightening effect was woeful.

I'm on the lookout for an old model now in case my originals die (they're starting to slow down on start up so maybe that's a hint).

I've watched videos of the Dyson and don't think they do a fantastic job. I also wouldn't buy the first model out. Like the vacuum cleaners, I'd imaging they'll keep upgrading.

I have the Babyliss version of the air curler - excellent, and I use Babyliss revolving brush dryer - cant live without. I've only just discovered that Babyliss sell the rotating brushes separately ! which is a boon, because cleaning the brushes is a bit nauseating when the brushes are clogged with hair and product. Now I just shove a new one on, job done.

I have the Babyliss version of the air curler - excellent, and I use Babyliss revolving brush dryer - cant live without. I've only just discovered that Babyliss sell the rotating brushes separately ! which is a boon, because cleaning the brushes is a bit nauseating when the brushes are clogged with hair and product. Now I just shove a new one on, job done.

Which version do you have? I have the Big Hair with the 42” barrel but I’m sure they’re not removable.

42" barrel ???? thats over 3ft !!! :) not sure of the model (cant see it on the body of the brush), BUT at the top of the brush itself there is a slider button which releases the brush head.

£400 you are off your rockers to be sucked in to this. ****** hell no wonder he is so wealthy, but none of his wealth has come from me, so I sleep easy! I always thought the women on here were more savvy.

I’ve never owned anything from Dyson at all. In my opinion, they are overpriced for what they do, especially when you can achieve good results from other, much cheaper brands. My ex had a Dyson hoover and you needed to be a weightlifter to move it around the house. He got rid of it. 👍 As for the prices for his hair gadgets ..... they‘re ridiculous and the fact that the presenters use them, and usually look a mess, isn’t a good advert. To me Dyson stands for expensive gimmicks so he won’t be getting any money from me.

And I’m sick to death of Dyson being on QVC nearly every day. It’s no wonder I switch channels quickly.

Latest posts

Back