Social Media - That was an eyeopener

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hallo I’m new! I’ve been watching QVC since just after it started, and have been entertained by this forum for years! Have been meaning to join for ages, and have now finally done it! The thing that promoted me to join now was to comment on the diamonique show with Jill Franks ,if you didn’t see it you missed a treat! I quite like Jill, and l know she can get a bit silly of late, but last night she surpassed herself. I watched in a mix of amazement and horror as she kept dissolving into laughter, said she couldn’t count to more than 8, talking rubbish to ‘her producer’ getting in a mess and everything was ‘hilarious ‘ ( it wasn’t) what on earth was she on? I really expected her to be carried off after about half an hour, but she was allowed to carry on regardless. Comedy gold! I even watched again on the plus channel!

There is a post complaining that the Eek show last night was a total shambles, that they didn’t mind a laugh but that it was ridiculous. Looking at the schedule I see it was Franks presenting - was she worse than usual?
No idea as I was not watching but perhaps she did stand up comedy?
Brought out Gregg's meat pie and ate it on air? 😂
The comment's being passed on, I wonder if anything will be done 🐖 - this little piggy should be flying!

From the hour a couple of items with the presentation videos, could be what they are referring to

https://www.qvcuk.com/Michelle-Mone...s-Sterling-Silver.product.341748.html?sc=IROA

Hallo I’m new! I’ve been watching QVC since just after it started, and have been entertained by this forum for years! Have been meaning to join for ages, and have now finally done it! The thing that promoted me to join now was to comment on the diamonique show with Jill Franks ,if you didn’t see it you missed a treat! I quite like Jill, and l know she can get a bit silly of late, but last night she surpassed herself. I watched in a mix of amazement and horror as she kept dissolving into laughter, said she couldn’t count to more than 8, talking rubbish to ‘her producer’ getting in a mess and everything was ‘hilarious ‘ ( it wasn’t) what on earth was she on? I really expected her to be carried off after about half an hour, but she was allowed to carry on regardless. Comedy gold! I even watched again on the plus channel!
Hello Clothescloth & welcome to the forum 😊

I remember they wouldn't take my debit card back in the day, it was Electron and for some reason, QVC said no? So I had to pay by cheque which meant no easy pay which was a good thing.

The weird thing is on the Money Saving Site people asked how to get an Electron one as if you were paying certain things like travel tickets you did not get a surcharge. Of course, I was moved to a Visa one years back so no problems with QVC after that.

A young girl arrived into work yesterday with a head full of curls like AH after a Dyson session. She said that she had seen a thing on SM (possibly Tik Tok?) which showed how to wrap your hair overnight with a dressing gown cord. It made me think of the Victorians doing their hair with rags! However she has lovely thick long hair and looked pretty good! Eat your heart out James Dyson

There might be a few here who remember in the late 60’s ironing hair on a ironing board with an actual iron. I had a few near misses when the sheet of brown paper which was supposed to protect your hair slipped . It probably was easier if you had someone to do the ironing bit whilst you crouched over the ironing board.

Latest posts

Back