Estée Lauder 12 September 2020

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

An hour of Estée Lauder is showing on Saturday 12 September at midday.

Have to say I’m surprised that they’ve got Lauder.

It is surprising as only Estee Lauder brand that has lasted on Q is Bobbi Brown, anything else has come and gone.

My mum wore Youth Dew way back. Yes, they sell it and the dreaded Double Wear. It is very long-wearing like 16 hours and really for oily skin and heavy coverage but they brought out lighter versions. I remember on a beauty forum a lady in her mid-60s with dry skin telling us she went to try an EL foundation explained her skin type etc and the first thing the SA did was pull out Double Wear.:unsure:

Estee Lauder is seen as a brand for mature ladies, they did try being hip by getting Kendal Jenner as the face of the brand a few years back. Did not attract any younger people and miffed off their normal customer base. Then they did a collab with Victoria Beckham then she moved on and brought out her own makeup range.

As said usually if EL brought out a brand example Aveda first thing they did was pull the brand from QVC UK. I remember being at the Aveda counter which had just opened in Debenhams way back and the counter manager telling me "Oh we are leaving QVC, they are too low for Estee Lauder brands!" Bobbi Brown on QVC US used to get TSVs and we are talking quite a few and Bobbi appeared on there. We never got any and she never ever appeared on QVC UK.

Estee Lauder like a number of the other big brands who used to go around buying up other brands are having hard times at the moment. EL was bidding to buy Charlotte Tilbury but pulled out when the price got too high for what they could afford. Puig ended up buying CT and rumour has it for a billion!

Yes that surprises me as well because they do always pull brands from Q once they have bought/destroyed them. So I wonder if the hour will be pure EL or include the family of brands. I'll never remember to watch it!

Youth Dew! I feel ill already. My mother wore it and on car journeys, where it was so strong and we always had to have the heater on, I would sit in the back feeling perilously queasy! I usually had to open my window and then get shouted at for causing a draught!

PS SOmeone in the City Molton Brown shop years ago said the same thing to me, we have left QVC because it is too low for the brand.

Didn’t EL buy our Jo Malone? I used to love JM but tried after they were bought out and have never bought again.That I can see on Q.

I've been getting excellent results with EL skincare products purchased from Look Fantastic and haven't bought anything from QVC for months now. It will be interesting to see if they can compete. I'm surprised AY hasn't been able to convince Clarins they should offer their range via Q.

I've been getting excellent results with EL skincare products purchased from Look Fantastic and haven't bought anything from QVC for months now. It will be interesting to see if they can compete. I'm surprised AY hasn't been able to convince Clarins they should offer their range via Q.

the only way bobbi brown really sells on Q is because they give good value sets that are cheaper than the stores as otherwise the stand alone items aint cheaper

I remember a few years ago, maybe 5 or 6 (possibly more though, I'm not 100% sure), the Christmas Day TSV was an Elizabeth Arden collection. I'm not sure how well it sold as obviously the programmes for that day are pre-recorded, but the brand was never seen or heard from again on Q.

A number of years ago my late sister bought me a full set of Estee Lauder makeup and I think there were a couple of skincare items in there too. It was a kind of vanity case, bright red and had a couple of eye shadow palettes, several lipsticks, a mascara, a blusher palette and a mini perfume. Every item of makeup was so highly perfumed even the lipsticks and the eyeshadows made my eyes water as did the mascara and the blushers were so powdery they were hard to blend. In the end the only thing I used was the vanity case and the mini perfume. I can`t recall which skincare items were in there I think one was a small bottle of eye makeup remover and the other was a mini face cream. It`s a brand I never go near but sis used to love some of their stuff and bought it regularly.

An hour of Estée Lauder is showing on Saturday 12 September at midday.

Have to say I’m surprised that they’ve got Lauder.
Whaaaaaaat? Wonder what the prices will be like. Cant believe Lauder on Q!!! why????? Is the DHS truly donalded?

They have just brought out a new updated version of Advanced night repair serum.
I've got samples, it feels heavier than the previous one, doesn't soak in as well, and I don't like it.
The spiel for it is off the scale though, as it often is. Some products should be left alone, it was already really good.

Youth Dew 😲 good grief yes! I admit to wearing it in the 70s. It must have been detectable in the next street. It makes me feel ill now if anyone walks past me wearing it.

Their Double wear foundation is dreadful but their Double wear mascara is great.

A number of years ago my late sister bought me a full set of Estee Lauder makeup and I think there were a couple of skincare items in there too. It was a kind of vanity case, bright red and had a couple of eye shadow palettes, several lipsticks, a mascara, a blusher palette and a mini perfume. Every item of makeup was so highly perfumed even the lipsticks and the eyeshadows made my eyes water as did the mascara and the blushers were so powdery they were hard to blend. In the end the only thing I used was the vanity case and the mini perfume. I can`t recall which skincare items were in there I think one was a small bottle of eye makeup remover and the other was a mini face cream. It`s a brand I never go near but sis used to love some of their stuff and bought it regularly.

They used to, or still do those sets in a case at Christmas but you had to buy some perfume to qualify to buy one.Someone I knew was buying a perfume as a present and I bought the Beauty case but have never been a fan of EL makeup really.

I’m not surprised EL is on QVC because QVC are desperately running out of things to flog by the looks of it, because they’re selling more high street brands than ever before especially the likes of Joop and Davidoff for example, even Baylis and Harding, once the individual p&p is added though it makes it more expensive than the high street so can’t see why they’re bothering, unless they’re trying to be like IW......again......who sell Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gautier, and Oscar de la Renta to name a few.

Latest posts

Back