Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Another lie that is told repeatedly in the Swan and Edgar presentations is that the watches 'are sold in the most exclusive watch boutiques in places such as Mayfair and around the world.'
Where in Mayfair James ?
Please share with us the names of a few of these exclusive boutiques.

At first I thought my eyes were deceiving me. Swan & Edgar show tonight. Here's a pic … do you see something missing? And according to Mr Simon they should be hundreds of pounds more and have unparalleled build quality :)

View attachment 19429

Yeah, Ouyawei brand name.

Ouyqwei

I said earlier, amateurs. Obviously no quality control at the Swan & Edgar workshop. :ROFLMAO: But it's really poor that they've used that watch as a display item, cause they've set the time & date on it, so either they're so unprofessional they've knowingly used a watch with a hand missing (would have been obvious when setting date) or it's fallen off in the studio after the time was set (which indicates poor quality).

Yeah, Ouyawei brand name.

Ouyqwei

I said earlier, amateurs. Obviously no quality control at the Swan & Edgar workshop. :ROFLMAO: But it's really poor that they've used that watch as a display item, cause they've set the time & date on it, so either they're so unprofessional they've knowingly used a watch with a hand missing (would have been obvious when setting date) or it's fallen off in the studio after the time was set (which indicates poor quality).
It’s not surprising though. It’s consistent.

When you think about it, when you analyse it, selly telly is at its core a load of complete bull. If you enjoy watching it, fine. If you buy stuff from it and are happy with your purchases, fine. But let's not kid ourselves it has any true substance whatsoever. There is absolutely no, or very little, objectivity. Everything is wonderful, the thing they're selling there and then is the best there has ever been.

I caught some of Shaun C and Hayley selling the Emma mattress last night. After some of Hayley prattling on about this mattress being the best thing since the invention of the wheel, in comes Shaun. He advises us that IW (his employers) asked him to be the in-house ambassador for Emma mattresses. In addition, he advises that Emma (the company of the product they're shilling), sent him and Hayley a mattress to try out at home.

Guess what? He's the same as Hayley. Although the mattress they were sleeping on before was 'a very good one' ... this one's better. No way Shaun! I'd never have guessed that would be your 'objective' view. And I'm not believing for a second you're in any way influenced by the fact you're presenting for IW and have been sent a mattress (no doubt to keep for free) by Emma.

Yes I know I'm kind of stating the obvious, it's selly telly not late night BBC2 debate. However it nevertheless grates that 'everything is amazing.' I LONG for the day a presenter says 'in summary, I would say this <insert product> is average at best.'

Of course this will never happen, doesn't stop me dreaming that one day it 'might' though :)

Very well written cheeky chappie
Thank you. And don't get me started on the abuse of the English language. According to Hayley, the Emma website is spectacular (or whatever adjective it was she used.) Spectacular? Really? It looks like a decidedly average website to me. Actually, I'd go as far as to say you could knock up a similar site in minutes on a web creation platform. So, spectacular? Eh, no.

When you think about it, when you analyse it, selly telly is at its core a load of complete bull. If you enjoy watching it, fine. If you buy stuff from it and are happy with your purchases, fine. But let's not kid ourselves it has any true substance whatsoever. There is absolutely no, or very little, objectivity. Everything is wonderful, the thing they're selling there and then is the best there has ever been.

I caught some of Shaun C and Hayley selling the Emma mattress last night. After some of Hayley prattling on about this mattress being the best thing since the invention of the wheel, in comes Shaun. He advises us that IW (his employers) asked him to be the in-house ambassador for Emma mattresses. In addition, he advises that Emma (the company of the product they're shilling), sent him and Hayley a mattress to try out at home.

Guess what? He's the same as Hayley. Although the mattress they were sleeping on before was 'a very good one' ... this one's better. No way Shaun! I'd never have guessed that would be your 'objective' view. And I'm not believing for a second you're in any way influenced by the fact you're presenting for IW and have been sent a mattress (no doubt to keep for free) by Emma.

Yes I know I'm kind of stating the obvious, it's selly telly not late night BBC2 debate. However it nevertheless grates that 'everything is amazing.' I LONG for the day a presenter says 'in summary, I would say this <insert product> is average at best.'

Of course this will never happen, doesn't stop me dreaming that one day it 'might' though :)

As Suzie said, very well written.(y)

And now we have two of the worst culprits for products being "amazing", The Fraud and The Creep.

LMAO, well tonight not so much High Precision, but stringent criteria, the reason their is a shortage/limited stocks of shield watches is because there is a shortage of independent testers to put them through the stringent testing needed for these 200m rated watches. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

When you think they couldn't come out with any more rubbish they manage to surprise you. :ROFLMAO:

Got to say I was absolutely disgusted at the way the air conditioning unit I saw on air was sold. Particularly so in the context of failing to mention the outlet tube issue and the complications it causes before you can use it. This is what the ASA said about it:-

“Based on the information provided, we considered that the ad was likely to break the advertising rules we apply. Therefore, we contacted the advertiser, who have provided their assurance that the ads will make clear that the outlet tube must have access to external outside air.“

See we had the watch collector's Monday night show, although not sure why folks would be collecting these, just another inexpensive fashion brand, like Timberland, Police etc.

But anyway, Shaun started the show with - “I know you might be thinking already, I bet they are really expensive.” :ROFLMAO:

No Shaun, never crossed my mind they might be expensive, and if any viewer did think that, then they need to visit specsavers, pronto. ;)

its Dennice with the bloddy mulberry silk again, the bloke has said a few times, they havent been able to get enough stock in, but they are still flogging it.

I think the Mulberry Silk guy is now being sponsored by the Government, to help folks that are having trouble sleeping due to worrying over the covid epidemic. Seemingly they have done some research and results have shown that while watching him in an evening people are falling into deep REM sleep within minutes. All the IW staff & their families & friends swear by it.

In fact looking at him, think he's even putting himself to sleep. :eek:

I think the Mulberry Silk guy is now being sponsored by the Government, to help folks that are having trouble sleeping due to worrying over the covid epidemic. Seemingly they have done some research and results have shown that while watching him in an evening people are falling into deep REM sleep within minutes. All the IW staff & their families & friends swear by it.

In fact looking at him, think he's even putting himself to sleep. :eek:
Watching the Mulberry man on zoom is like visiting a relative in a care home ..... 'are they looking after you alright dad ?' '...he used to be in the silk duvet business you know'.... 'yes- he's told us.'

Peter Simon says he takes his Mulberry duvet with him whenever he stays over somewhere.

That's the first thing most people do when they are staying somewhere - take their duvet.

IW really do sell some odd crap.

Turned over and it’s that Vibrapower Massager stuff, to find Sally Jacks using this thing in the inside of his leg

Hardly ever watch IW nowadays....When it was the "Karcher channel", at least there was a little more variation..every time I turn over they're selling hideous watches for men - don't think I've ever seen a ladies watch on there!

Latest posts

Back